NIKON RULES !!!

Old April 25th 14, 01:08 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Oregonian Haruspex

Default NIKON RULES !!!

On 2014-04-02 00:40:35 +0000, Annika1980 said:

Well, it had to happen eventually.
I've finally decided to get rid of all
my digital Canon junk and go back to shooting film exclusively. I
mean, everybody knows that even the best digital can't compare to some
good Reala or Velvia.
And who has the time to download pics and edit them all?
No more Photoshop! No more worries about which RAW converter is best!
No more expensive memory cards and readers!
I'm scrapping all of it.

No more Totally Digital D60!
No more 40D without a catchy name!
No more FAB 5D2!
I'm even junking the EOS-1V in favor of a shiny new Nikon F6.
Those "L" lenses? The "L" stands for "Lousy!"
Gimme that 58mm Noct Nikkor, baby!

-Annika ----- Totally Analog !!!

P.S. Noons, I love you and I apologize for any ill-feelings or
inconveniences I've caused you. I hope we can be best friends.

Jeez, Nikon? You should have bought yourself a good Olympus OM setup.
So much smaller, lighter, better glass, much nicer macro system, better
metering, and so forth.

Old April 25th 14, 04:58 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-04-25 00:08:44 +0000, Oregonian Haruspex

On 2014-04-02 00:40:35 +0000, Annika1980 said:

[...]

You are a little late to the party. A quick check shows that this was
Bret's annual April 1, "Hey! Look what I am doing folks!" post.

Savageduck

Old April 25th 14, 11:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
nospam

In article , Oregonian Haruspex
wrote:

Jeez, Nikon? You should have bought yourself a good Olympus OM setup.
So much smaller, lighter, better glass, much nicer macro system, better
metering, and so forth.

which would have turned out to be a dead end.

at least old nikon lenses can still be used (with rare exception).

the only good thing olympus had was the om-3 and om-4, with the
multi-spot metering. otherwise, it was nothing special that the others
didn't have.
Old April 26th 14, 04:09 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Oregonian Haruspex

wrote:

Jeez, Nikon? You should have bought yourself a good Olympus OM setup.
So much smaller, lighter, better glass, much nicer macro system, better
metering, and so forth.

which would have turned out to be a dead end.

at least old nikon lenses can still be used (with rare exception).

the only good thing olympus had was the om-3 and om-4, with the
multi-spot metering. otherwise, it was nothing special that the others
didn't have.

Old OM glass can be used on any EOS camera among many others. Their
telephotos were faster or longer than the competition, and they had (as
I said) an excellent macro system. Also the meters would work in much
less light than any Canon or Nikon camera, which might not be that
important to many users but if you pushed 3200P to 12800 like I often
used it, it was pretty handy to have.

Plus Olympus managed to put the shutter speed ring in the right place.

Old April 26th 14, 04:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
nospam

wrote:

Jeez, Nikon? You should have bought yourself a good Olympus OM setup.
So much smaller, lighter, better glass, much nicer macro system, better
metering, and so forth.

which would have turned out to be a dead end.

at least old nikon lenses can still be used (with rare exception).

the only good thing olympus had was the om-3 and om-4, with the
multi-spot metering. otherwise, it was nothing special that the others
didn't have.

Old OM glass can be used on any EOS camera among many others.

a lot of lenses can be used on other systems with adapters. big deal.

the problem is that it brings significant compromises, including having
to set the aperture manually since the camera can't do it and also
stop-down metering, along with being manual focus lenses.

Their
telephotos were faster or longer than the competition, and they had (as
I said) an excellent macro system. Also the meters would work in much
less light than any Canon or Nikon camera, which might not be that
important to many users but if you pushed 3200P to 12800 like I often
used it, it was pretty handy to have.

not significantly, if at all.

Plus Olympus managed to put the shutter speed ring in the right place.

nope. putting it on the lens barrel was one of their biggest mistakes.
i know some people liked it but most did not. if it really was 'the
right place', other companies would have done it too.

the 'right place' is a thumbwheel on the back (and an aperture
thumbwheel in front), however, that was not possible with old
mechanical cameras.
Old April 28th 14, 11:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

On 25/04/2014 10:08 AM, Oregonian Haruspex wrote:

Jeez, Nikon? You should have bought yourself a good Olympus OM setup.
So much smaller, lighter, better glass, much nicer macro system, better
metering, and so forth.

That is why I am mostly Oly OMD now. Same principles and approach, with
digital gear.
With film I continue to use Nikon. But in the digital arena, M4/3 is so
much better than anything else it's not even fun to compare.
Mirrorless is the way of the future!
(Got a soft spot for the Sony A7R, though!)
Old April 28th 14, 12:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
android

In article , Noons
wrote:

On 25/04/2014 10:08 AM, Oregonian Haruspex wrote:

Jeez, Nikon? You should have bought yourself a good Olympus OM setup.
So much smaller, lighter, better glass, much nicer macro system, better
metering, and so forth.

That is why I am mostly Oly OMD now. Same principles and approach, with
digital gear.
With film I continue to use Nikon. But in the digital arena, M4/3 is so
much better than anything else it's not even fun to compare.
Mirrorless is the way of the future!
(Got a soft spot for the Sony A7R, though!)

'xept that the om system was fullframe and ft is realy not even
halfframe but QUATERFRAME. i had an evolt and learned the hard way that
ft stinks!
--
teleportation kills
http://tinyurl.com/androidphotography
Old April 28th 14, 07:54 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
nospam

In article , Noons
wrote:

Jeez, Nikon? You should have bought yourself a good Olympus OM setup.
So much smaller, lighter, better glass, much nicer macro system, better
metering, and so forth.

That is why I am mostly Oly OMD now. Same principles and approach, with
digital gear.
With film I continue to use Nikon. But in the digital arena, M4/3 is so
much better than anything else it's not even fun to compare.

except when you compare it with full frame. there's no way around the
laws of physics.

Mirrorless is the way of the future!
(Got a soft spot for the Sony A7R, though!)

not for everything it isn't.

evfs will always have a lag, and for some situations, that will be a
problem.
Old May 17th 14, 10:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

On 28/04/2014 9:21 PM, android wrote:

'xept that the om system was fullframe and ft is realy not even
halfframe but QUATERFRAME.

and that has the slightest amount of relevance to me and my m4/3 because...
Ah yes, typical wank "bigger is better" mentality.
You should really try to drop the penis size envy thing, it's clearly
affecting your reasoning capacity.

i had an evolt and learned the hard way that
ft stinks!

I had a Mavica and learned the hard way digital stinks.
Fortunately, unlike you I didn't stop in time.

Old May 29th 14, 07:22 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
android

In article , Noons
wrote:

On 28/04/2014 9:21 PM, android wrote:

'xept that the om system was fullframe and ft is realy not even
halfframe but QUATERFRAME.

and that has the slightest amount of relevance to me and my m4/3 because...
Ah yes, typical wank "bigger is better" mentality.
You should really try to drop the penis size envy thing, it's clearly
affecting your reasoning capacity.

Well it is, if you want DOF control and the ability focus manually. I
have big gloves, BTW...

I think that that 645z looks good...

i had an evolt and learned the hard way that
ft stinks!

I had a Mavica and learned the hard way digital stinks.
Fortunately, unlike you I didn't stop in time.

Troll! ;-p