A Photography forum. PhotoBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PhotoBanter.com forum » Digital Photography » Digital Photography
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old April 2nd 18, 02:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ragnusen Ultred
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 57
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Sun, 01 Apr 2018 19:17:02 -0400, schrieb nospam:

Here's a tutorial I just wrote up, for example, for the Windows users to
benefit from, where I simply asked them to help me figure out why the
second CD keeps being asked for.


you can't even manage to pirate software without having problems.


Hi nospam,

As always, you prove you act like a child and not like an adult in that:
a. You have zero intention to ever be helpful to anyone, and,
b. Even if you did try to help, you just guess, which means,
c. That your guess is about as useful to anyone as throwing dice would be.

Meanwhile, on the adult helpful platform newsgroups, we solve /every/
technical question ever asked.'
http://i.cubeupload.com/20nlCB.gif

For example, we now have the Adobe Illustrator test case working fine with
fonts, where it took a couple of additional steps because apparently the
original Windows Powerpoint file had embedded fonts, which came from
someone else, so I didn't have those fonts on my Windows 10 system.

In just a few minutes, we solved the problem on the adult newsgroup, where
this was the sequence of questions what resulted in a solution, as always.


0. I picked up a Powerpoint file from someone else which used this font:
http://www.fontspace.com/michael-d-adams/roadgeek-2005

Note: I never "installed" that font, to my knowledge.

1. That PowerPoint 2007 clearly has a "Roadgeek 2005 Series B" font.
http://i.cubeupload.com/1uNFmZ.gif
Note: The font exists in the PowerPoint file, by some magic, even though
I never "installed" that font explicitly (whatever it means to install
a font).

2. That "Roadgeek 2005 Series B" set is embedded in an output PDF.
http://i.cubeupload.com/FwghPH.gif

3. When I read that PDF into Adobe Illustrator, it doesn't see the font.
http://i.cubeupload.com/qIAOAL.gif

4. When I try to switch fonts, AI doesn't see that font anywhere.
http://i.cubeupload.com/qIAOAL.gif

5. When I go into the Windows Font directory, it's not there either.
http://i.cubeupload.com/6XxE7P.gif

Quick question only about how FONTS work in Windows & MS Office.
Q1: So how did Powerpoint have the font in the first place?
Q2: What's the process to "give" that font to the next tool that needs it?

Am Sun, 1 Apr 2018 20:36:08 -0400, schrieb Bob_S:
The quick answer is the PowerPoint presentation had the fonts embedded into
it.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-in-powerpoint


Thanks Bob_S for that advice,

The main question is why can PowerPoint embed a font and yet Adobe
Illustrator can't embed a font?

In that manner, this "embedding" of fonts seems to be very localized, in
that PowerPoint saw it, since I never installed that font on Windows, and
so did the PDF file see it, but *nothing* else saw the font (e.g., Adobe
Illustrator) couldn't see the font anywhere.

The way I solved the problem was the following, so that others might
benefit from my first experience with such things.

A. I downloaded the zip file from the Internet of the free RoadGeek fonts.

B. I extracted that zip file to the following set of files.
http://i.cubeupload.com/UU5aCL.gif

C. I copied and pasted those extracted files to the Win10 Fonts folder.
http://i.cubeupload.com/6twBO9.gif

D. That copy and paste resulted in the fonts showing up in that folder.
http://i.cubeupload.com/PnUglo.gif

E. Then Adobe Illustrator was able to finally "see" that font.
http://i.cubeupload.com/gBNu1P.gif

F. With the result being that the AI file is the same now as the original.
http://i.cubeupload.com/20nlCB.gif

So I guess the main question with respect to fonts is why does only
PowerPoint and PDF embed fonts.

Why couldn't other programs, like Adobe Illustrator, just embed the fonts
whatever way that PowerPoint did?
  #42  
Old April 2nd 18, 02:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21,790
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article , Ragnusen Ultred
wrote:

Why couldn't other programs, like Adobe Illustrator, just embed the fonts
whatever way that PowerPoint did?


because other apps are standards compliant.
microsoft isn't.
  #43  
Old April 2nd 18, 02:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ragnusen Ultred
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 57
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Sun, 01 Apr 2018 21:05:24 -0400, schrieb nospam:

Why couldn't other programs, like Adobe Illustrator, just embed the fonts
whatever way that PowerPoint did?


because other apps are standards compliant.
microsoft isn't.


Hi nospam,

You just guess so whatever you answer is next to worthless because your
record is so dismal, the monkey finds the banana under the box more often
than you are correct on these newsgroups.

Since whatever you say has to be double checked, your answers are always
utterly worthless, since your credibility is at about 25% to 33% correct
and 75% to 66% wrong.

Luckily for you, in this case you guessed correctly (as we already figured
out the answer on the always helpful adult Windows newsgroup).

The good news is that we *always* solve the technical question on the adult
platform newsgroups, simply because of two factors:
1. Adults post on the Windows newsgroups, and,
2. They're technically competent.

Hence, the following has been proven beyond any doubt, on Windows 10, using
Powerpoint 2007 and Adobe Illustrator 12.0.0 with the TrueType "Roadgeek
2005 Series B" fonts embedded into both the PowerPoint file and into the
PDF file output by PowerPoint using the Microsoft "Save as PDF" addins.
2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ails.aspx?id=7

Q1: Can Win10 Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?
A1: Yes, but not directly. It takes a multi-step method. But it works.

While the helpful technically competent folks on the Windows newsgroups can
certainly streamline any process, we documented in detail the 1st
successful multi-step method we used on the Windows group, which was:

1. Obtain & install the MS Office 2007 "Save as PDF or XPS" utility.
2. Obtain & install the "Roadgeek 2005 Series B" font set into the default
Windows Font folder.
3. Obtain & install the Windows Adobe Illustrator 12.0.0 tool set.
4. Save the PowerPoint file to PDF with the entire font set embedded.
5. Attempt to read the PowerPoint directly into AI - it will fail.
6. Attempt to read the PDF into AI - fonts will fail - but keep going.
7. In AI, switch the default font to Roadgeek now in the system folder.
8. In Adobe Illustrator, save the file as a Windows "ai" format file.
http://i.cubeupload.com/20nlCB.gif

That test today answered almost all the questions, but two remain, which
I'm sure you, nospam, will be absolutely zero help on because:
a. You have proven you're not in the least technically competent, and,
b. You just guess anyway, and,
c. That's because you have zero helpful intent ever.

While I'm sure this newsgroup doesn't have the answer to the question,
we'll get that answer from the Windows adult newsgroup, which is:

Q: What are the next steps to print to vinyl (where Paul already discussed
the "cutContour" sequence so I just need to flesh that out a bit on my
own), and,

Q: Will the latest Mac Adobe Illustrator read in that Windows AI file?
(chances are that it will, but it will take a simple test to figure it
out).
  #44  
Old April 2nd 18, 02:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21,790
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article , Ragnusen Ultred
wrote:

Luckily for you, in this case you guessed correctly


i don't guess.
  #45  
Old April 2nd 18, 02:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15,500
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

On Apr 1, 2018, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In , Ragnusen Ultred
wrote:

Luckily for you, in this case you guessed correctly


i don't guess.


I see the cross post has been dropped.

--

Regards,
Savageduck

  #46  
Old April 2nd 18, 03:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.apps
dorayme[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 51
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article ,
nospam wrote:

Bananas are readily available but they are not generally free. That is
why it can be misleading to say they are freely available.


bananas are not software


Another person to be added to the list of all who don't understand
analogies. The pitfalls of being too literal minded!

--
dorayme
  #47  
Old April 2nd 18, 03:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ragnusen Ultred
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 57
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Sun, 01 Apr 2018 21:51:39 -0400, schrieb nospam:

Luckily for you, in this case you guessed correctly


i don't guess.


Hi nospam.

*Your credibility on being right on facts is utterly worthless.*

In fact, your record of just guessing wrong is so dismal that very often
I've told you that I could tell you're not formally educated because your
credibility is worthless to you.

You guess /all/ the time, where you're only right less than the monkey is
when he's picking up boxes to find the bananas.

What's worse, far worse in fact, that *every* answer from you has to be
double checked, simply because you lie in more than half your answers (or
you cleverly distort the truth, as you have done so many times that I have
told you many many times that you'd be a great *defense* lawyer, but a
lousy prosecutor - simply because of the burden of proof which you would
never be able to sustain).

You're like James Comey, which I've told you so many times when you're
caught in your numerous distortions and lies that it doesn't matter /what/
you say, it's only right about as much as the monkey is right when looking
for the hidden bananas under the boxes.

*Why do Apple Apologists lie so much about iOS capabilities?*
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/TOwdRyqtLF8/5wy5pRXiAQAJ

Why are the half-dozen Apple-Apologist posters, like nospam & Snit, &
Savageduck & Jolly Roger, & Lewis & [email protected] & Joe & Alan Baker & Tim
Streater, etc., unlike normal adults?

I don't know why.
I just know that they are.

Experiments have proven time and againg that it doesn't matter who asks the
question or what the question is...

You, nospam, /always/ act like a child in that...
1. You have no plans on ever being helpful,
2. And, you have proven you aren't technically competent anyway,
3. So, you just guess (where the monkey and you have the same record).

Luckily, for decades, on the adult newsgroups that don't have Apple posters
like you on them, we solve (almost) /every/ problem every time.

Proof positive is the comparison of these two threads but the number of
proofs abound, even down to asking about cable strain reliefs...

_High purposefully unhelpful ratio:_
*Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?*
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.photo.digital/zdVFRNwhdA8/UXTcwOiUBgAJ

_High purposefully helpful ratio:_
*Can Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint & with fonts?*
http://www.pcbanter.net/showthread.php?t=1103517
  #48  
Old April 2nd 18, 03:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 338
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint withfonts?

On 4/1/2018 9:56 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Apr 1, 2018, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In , Ragnusen Ultred
wrote:

Luckily for you, in this case you guessed correctly


i don't guess.


I see the cross post has been dropped.

Um, there weren't ever any cross posts in this thread
branch. Can't say the same for other branches.
~~
Note: I set a filter to detect and tag cross posts.
It makes life in usenet a bit less bothersome.
--
==
Later...
Ron C
--
  #49  
Old April 2nd 18, 03:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.apps
Ragnusen Ultred
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 57
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Sun, 01 Apr 2018 20:03:20 -0400, schrieb nospam:

it also won't run on recent versions of windows either.

adobe took the activation servers offline because there were no new
customers.


*As always nospam is just guessing (again).*

Hence the accuracy of nospam's guesses is no better than the monkey lifting
up boxes to find the bananas.

*Yet again, nospam guessed wrong.*

To wit, AI CS2 (version 12.0.0) worked just fine, as did Photoshop 9.0 in
quick tests today on the latest 64-bit Windows 10 Creator's Edition 1709.
https://u.cubeupload.com/20nlCB.gif

I only speak fact which is valid and can be verified by any adult.

*The credibility of nopsam's incessant guessing is utterly worthless*
since you have to doubleckeck _evertyhign_ he says, because:
1. nospam has proven time & again he has no technical competency, hence,
2. nospam constantly and incessantly just lies all the time, because,
3. nospam has absolutely no desire to ever intend to be helpful to anyone.
  #50  
Old April 2nd 18, 03:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15,500
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

On Apr 1, 2018, Ron C wrote
(in ):

On 4/1/2018 9:56 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Apr 1, 2018, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In , Ragnusen Ultred
wrote:

Luckily for you, in this case you guessed correctly

i don't guess.


I see the cross post has been dropped.

Um, there weren't ever any cross posts in this thread
branch.


Check the last responses from Eric Stevens, and my response to him in this
thread just a little earlier today.

Can't say the same for other branches.
Note: I set a filter to detect and tag cross posts.
It makes life in usenet a bit less bothersome.


Yup! he made an OP without the cross post to start the thread on 3/28/2018,
and his next post to this thread at 7:27 PM, right after your response
returns to the cross post.

--

Regards,
Savageduck

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Technical & legal background using copyrighted fonts in custom road signs in PowerPoint Chaya Eve Digital Photography 238 September 17th 17 05:17 PM
70+ Free Pixel Fonts [email protected] Digital Photography 0 May 6th 06 04:08 PM
FS: ART Graphics Plug ins Backgrounds Fonts & More CD-ROM Seals4Deals Digital Photo Equipment For Sale 0 March 9th 06 09:53 PM
FS: ART Graphics Plug ins Backgrounds Fonts & More CD-ROM Seals4Deals Digital Photo Equipment For Sale 0 February 23rd 06 10:31 PM
FS: Photoshop 6, Illustrator 9, more for Mac Josh Renaud General Equipment For Sale 0 December 3rd 03 06:28 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 PhotoBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.