A Photography forum. PhotoBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PhotoBanter.com forum » Digital Photography » Digital Photography
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old April 5th 18, 03:19 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Mayayana
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,508
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

"Diesel" wrote

| WARNING!
|
| This is a classic David Brooks method of initiating with a future
| stalking victim.

Don't worry about me. I've seen his profound rudeness
in action and no longer read his posts.


  #122  
Old April 5th 18, 10:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
David B.[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 184
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint withfonts?

On 05/04/2018 01:57, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Wed, 4 Apr 2018 16:59:14 +0100, schrieb David B.:

Btw, the asterisk emboldening doesn't work around *numbers* in
Thunderbird.


Hi David B.
I may owe you a sincere heartfelt public apology.


snip for brevity only - all read and understood

So, kudos to you for being like an adult, and sincere heartfelt
apologies from me for assuming you were just another technically
incompetent Apple baby who could do nothing but silly semantic games.

Mea culpa.
I apologize for not treating you as an adult would.


I accept your apology, Ragnusen.

Thank you. :-)

I've looked here and note that you appear quite active:-

Ragnusen Ultred
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Ra...004&bih=12 15

I'm not a 'techie' but if I *can* help you in any way, just ask.

When I did my apprenticeship computers used thermionic valves (tubes!)
so I do have lots of experience under my belt! ;-)

--
David B.
  #123  
Old April 5th 18, 10:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
David B.[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 184
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint withfonts?

On 05/04/2018 02:00, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Tue, 3 Apr 2018 19:53:33 -0700, schrieb Alan Baker:

Wow, but you're tedious little twit.


This is a note to David B., which is that *this* post above, from Alan
Baker, is how Apple users react to simple questions.

That's why I had assumed you were a similar child, since I've been on
Usenet for decades, where the Apple user is almost always incapable of
answering even the /simplest/ of questions, and where that Apple user
always responds with hateful vitriol to facts.
It's *always* the Apple poster acting like a child, which is why I was
surprised David B. when you acted like an adult.

My sincere apologies to David B., where he may understand the frustration
that intelligent adults have with the average Apple poster such as Alan
Baker is.


I understand your frustration, Ragnusen.

However, I'm not so sure it has to do with folk using Apple products.

--
David B.
  #124  
Old April 5th 18, 03:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
Ragnusen Ultred
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 57
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Thu, 5 Apr 2018 10:38:50 +0100, schrieb David B.:

I'm not a 'techie' but if I *can* help you in any way, just ask.

When I did my apprenticeship computers used thermionic valves (tubes!)
so I do have lots of experience under my belt! ;-)


Much appreciated to find a fellow sentient adult on these newsgroups!

Most of us were trained in the days of vacuum tubes, and we were taught how
to back up our facts like intelligent adults should.
http://i.cubeupload.com/tWHyBq.jpg

To give you an example of my time frame, here's my iPad and phone next to
one of my random textbooks (I changed fields of study a few times, both
undergrad and grad, back east during the height of the cold war).
http://i.cubeupload.com/nYpKZF.jpg

What's amazingly different, with Apple users overall, is their historic and
repeated incredibly unfathomable lack of attention to technical detail.
http://i.cubeupload.com/3ffdPL.jpg

Like you, I never stop learning, and it's all about detail, where, for
example, here are some of my 'self-help' books in the days of the IBM PC.
http://i.cubeupload.com/TLd0LW.jpg

Here are a set of my more recent tecnical self-help books in engineering.
http://i.cubeupload.com/pJZUtb.jpg

The point is that, on these newsgroups, the average Apple user doesn't seem
to have grown up yet to the point that they can fathom even the /slightest/
amount of technical detail.

For example, the question asked of this thread would *never* have been
answered on this newsgroup simply because the Apple users don't have that
kind of technical knowledge that it takes to step outside of what "Big
Brother" marketing tells them. They can only push buttons.

So it's with great respect that you exist, since I'm so frustrated with
these little Apple children that you can't believe.

The reason I'm frustrated is that I don't know Apple products at all. I
really don't. And yet, when I ask even /simple/ questions of the Apple
posters, they prove time and again that they know even /less/ than I do.

It happens every time.
They're afraid to admit it.
But it happens every time.

It's so frustrating because they lie blatantly about Apple functionality.
They lie more than they tell the truth, in fact.

So it has come to the point that they're worthless since their accuracy
rate is no better than the monkey taking the psychology test.

Since I care about finding the answer, I have to go to the /adult/
newsgroups to find the answer (which is what I did in this case).

I hope you can understand my frustration since I'm in the middle of the
Silicon Valley where most of the people act like adults, and not like most
of the people how post to this newsgroup.

--
Sorry for the rambling but I have to run so I hacked that out without
organizing it so it's how my mind works.
  #125  
Old April 5th 18, 08:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
David B.[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 184
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint withfonts?

On 05/04/2018 15:14, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Thu, 5 Apr 2018 10:38:50 +0100, schrieb David B.:

I'm not a 'techie' but if I *can* help you in any way, just ask.

When I did my apprenticeship computers used thermionic valves (tubes!)
so I do have lots of experience under my belt! ;-)


Much appreciated to find a fellow sentient adult on these newsgroups!

Most of us were trained in the days of vacuum tubes, and we were taught
how to back up our facts like intelligent adults should.
http://i.cubeupload.com/tWHyBq.jpg

To give you an example of my time frame, here's my iPad and phone next
to one of my random textbooks (I changed fields of study a few times,
both undergrad and grad, back east during the height of the cold war).
http://i.cubeupload.com/nYpKZF.jpg

What's amazingly different, with Apple users overall, is their historic
and repeated incredibly unfathomable lack of attention to technical detail.
http://i.cubeupload.com/3ffdPL.jpg

Like you, I never stop learning, and it's all about detail, where, for
example, here are some of my 'self-help' books in the days of the IBM PC.
http://i.cubeupload.com/TLd0LW.jpg

Here are a set of my more recent tecnical self-help books in engineering.
http://i.cubeupload.com/pJZUtb.jpg

The point is that, on these newsgroups, the average Apple user doesn't
seem to have grown up yet to the point that they can fathom even the
/slightest/ amount of technical detail.

For example, the question asked of this thread would *never* have been
answered on this newsgroup simply because the Apple users don't have
that kind of technical knowledge that it takes to step outside of what
"Big Brother" marketing tells them. They can only push buttons.

So it's with great respect that you exist, since I'm so frustrated with
these little Apple children that you can't believe.
The reason I'm frustrated is that I don't know Apple products at all. I
really don't. And yet, when I ask even /simple/ questions of the Apple
posters, they prove time and again that they know even /less/ than I do.

It happens every time.
They're afraid to admit it.
But it happens every time.

It's so frustrating because they lie blatantly about Apple functionality.
They lie more than they tell the truth, in fact.
So it has come to the point that they're worthless since their accuracy
rate is no better than the monkey taking the psychology test.

Since I care about finding the answer, I have to go to the /adult/
newsgroups to find the answer (which is what I did in this case).

I hope you can understand my frustration since I'm in the middle of the
Silicon Valley where most of the people act like adults, and not like
most of the people how post to this newsgroup.


Thank you so much for your comprehensive message, Ragnusen.

I've read all with much interest. :-)

Should you be unfamiliar with the *Apple Support Communities* you will
find same he- https://discussions.apple.com/welcome

For an example thread, you can look at one started by me (posting as
HunterBD) he- https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8332293

Be sure to look in "Read All Replies" to get an overall picture.

You will probably find answers to your questions if you ask there!

I hope this is helpful.

--
David B.
  #126  
Old April 5th 18, 11:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
dorayme[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 51
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article ,
Ragnusen Ultred wrote:

we were taught how
to back up our facts like intelligent adults should.


You say you only speak facts. But do you always back each with more
facts like an adult? But how can this be possible given that there is
an infinite series here and human life is limited? Perhaps adults come
to some bedrock of facts that do not require backing up?

--
dorayme
  #127  
Old April 6th 18, 01:00 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
SMS
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,297
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint withfonts?

On 4/3/2018 11:10 AM, RJH wrote:

snip

I think s/he meant tax *avoidance*. And Apple most certainly does avoid
tax.


As do most companies.

I would argue, quite successfully, that Apple pays nothing like every
tax dollar they should.


"Should?" They have an obligation to their shareholders to pay only what
they legally are required to pay.
  #128  
Old April 6th 18, 02:40 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
RJH
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 176
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint withfonts?

On 06/04/2018 01:00, sms wrote:
On 4/3/2018 11:10 AM, RJH wrote:

snip

I think s/he meant tax *avoidance*. And Apple most certainly does
avoid tax.


As do most companies.


Indeed.

I would argue, quite successfully, that Apple pays nothing like every
tax dollar they should.


"Should?" They have an obligation to their shareholders to pay only what
they legally are required to pay.


Well, for example, they can sometimes legally set up low tax off-shore
holdings to deal with (say) UK generated profit. They don't have to, and
some would say that's wrong.

If that 'some' is in a position of power that company may end up paying
more than some notionally legal minimum.

--
Cheers, Rob
  #129  
Old April 6th 18, 03:19 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
RJH
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 176
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint withfonts?

On 04/04/2018 16:47, nospam wrote:
In article , RJH wrote:



apple is paying their *legal* tax obligation. period.


Insofar as I understand it, agreed.


then there's absolutely no issue, is there?


Yes, there is. Just because something's legal doesn't make it right.

Some laws are bad, and in the UK (well, the EU) we have anti-avoidance
directives coming up in January - 'to deter profit shifting to a low/no
tax country'. Apple demonstrably does this, and under UK rules it should
be declared as 'tax avoidance' (the return form is called a CT600 and
has a 'Disclosure of tax avoidance schemes' section) so that it can be
mitigated when/if. And good job too.

paying *more* than what they legally owe is stupid.


It may also be consistent with the makeup of the company. Just because
you think it's stupid doesn't make it so.


--
Cheers, Rob
  #130  
Old April 6th 18, 03:40 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12,467
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 02:28:28 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
wrote:

In message Mayayana wrote:
"Lewis" wrote


| That is a lie, they pay ever dollar they are required to, just like
| everyone else.
|


If you want to split hairs, yes. No one's been
arrested. They avoid bringing it into the country
as a way of evading taxes. I think you know that.
If you don't it's easy enough to find the ugly details.


You characterization of this as "evading" taxes is a lie. Evading taxes
is a crime.


While the details vary from one country to another, there is a general
agreement on the difference between avoidance and evasion.

Avoidance means that you can arrange your normal business affairs so
as to minimise tax. Thee is nothing illegal about this.

Evasion has proved much harder to define but basically you are evading
tax if you have organized you affairs via a scheme or arrangement
which cannot be justified in terms of normal business but whose sole
or major purpose is the avoidance of tax. If it only makes sense by
virtue of it avoiding tax then it is evasion.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Technical & legal background using copyrighted fonts in custom road signs in PowerPoint Chaya Eve Digital Photography 238 September 17th 17 05:17 PM
70+ Free Pixel Fonts [email protected] Digital Photography 0 May 6th 06 04:08 PM
FS: ART Graphics Plug ins Backgrounds Fonts & More CD-ROM Seals4Deals Digital Photo Equipment For Sale 0 March 9th 06 10:53 PM
FS: ART Graphics Plug ins Backgrounds Fonts & More CD-ROM Seals4Deals Digital Photo Equipment For Sale 0 February 23rd 06 11:31 PM
FS: Photoshop 6, Illustrator 9, more for Mac Josh Renaud General Equipment For Sale 0 December 3rd 03 07:28 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 PhotoBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.