7D2 vs D7100 @ 6400

Old September 22nd 14, 07:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default 7D2 vs D7100 @ 6400

In article , android wrote:

Sandman Who's the winner? 09/17/2014

"Uh, the D7100 beats the 7D in most areas. The 7D has slightly
better ISO performance and shoots at 10fps compared to 6fps for
the D7100, other than that, it's utterly trounced."

I.e. I was already well aware of the two small advantages the 7D
has, and seeing how small the difference is with ISO, it's really
just one advantage.

Almost twice the frame rate, five times the RAW buffer and clearly
better high ISO.

Slightly higher frame rate, and barely noticably better ISO performance.
That's $500 for you.

That's what action photogs want. I'd say that's it not the 7D2 thats
humiliated. It's the poster that confuses it with a five year old camera.

When did you confuse it with a five year old camera? Either way, you're
humiliated, I agree.

--
Sandman[.net]
Old September 22nd 14, 08:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

In article , android wrote:

Sandman Who's the winner? 09/17/2014

"Uh, the D7100 beats the 7D in most areas. The 7D has slightly
better ISO performance and shoots at 10fps compared to 6fps for
the D7100, other than that, it's utterly trounced."

---

That's what action photogs want. I'd say that's it not the 7D2 thats
humiliated. It's the poster that confuses it with a five year old camera.

When did you confuse it with a five year old camera? Either way, you're
humiliated, I agree.

You can't read your own writing then...

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

If you can't read English, do
not participate in a written medium.

That's what he wrote...
--
teleportation kills
http://tinyurl.com/androidphotography
Old September 22nd 14, 09:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , android wrote:

In article ,

Sandman:
Sandman Who's the winner? 09/17/2014

"Uh, the D7100 beats the 7D in most areas. The 7D has slightly
better ISO performance and shoots at 10fps compared to 6fps
for the D7100, other than that, it's utterly trounced."

---

android:
That's what action photogs want. I'd say that's it not the 7D2
thats humiliated. It's the poster that confuses it with a five
year old camera.

Sandman:
When did you confuse it with a five year old camera? Either way,
you're humiliated, I agree.

You can't read your own writing then...

I can, when did you confuse it for a five year old camera?

--
Sandman[.net]
Old September 22nd 14, 09:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

In article , android wrote:

In article ,

Sandman:
Sandman Who's the winner? 09/17/2014

"Uh, the D7100 beats the 7D in most areas. The 7D has slightly
better ISO performance and shoots at 10fps compared to 6fps
for the D7100, other than that, it's utterly trounced."

---

android:
That's what action photogs want. I'd say that's it not the 7D2
thats humiliated. It's the poster that confuses it with a five
year old camera.

Sandman:
When did you confuse it with a five year old camera? Either way,
you're humiliated, I agree.

You can't read your own writing then...

I can, when did you confuse it for a five year old camera?

You can take him now...
Old September 22nd 14, 12:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Whisky-dave wrote:

android:
That's what action photogs want. I'd say that's it not the 7D2
thats humiliated. It's the poster that confuses it with a five
year old camera.

Sandman:
When did you confuse it with a five year old camera? Either way,
you're humiliated, I agree.

What I'd like to know (sandman) yet again is what camera you're
actully talking about the old canon 7D or the NEW canon 7D2 it's not
clear.

The topic is the new version of the 7D, which is all I've been talking
about, naturally.

Like I said yesterday:

Sandman
7D2 vs D7100 @ 6400
09/21/2014

"It's all you've got, troll. I've been talking about the Mark
II the entire time. I just think Canon's naming scheme is
stupid. It's the new version of the 7D. Focus on irrelevant
things instead of staying focused on facts, Android."

Sandman:
"Uh, the D7100 beats the 7D in most areas."

Which 7D are you talking about

The one the thread is about.

--
Sandman[.net]
Old September 22nd 14, 02:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Whisky-dave wrote:

android:
That's what action photogs want. I'd say that's it
not the 7D2 thats humiliated. It's the poster that confuses
it with a five year old camera.

Sandman:
When did you confuse it with a five year old camera?
Either way, you're humiliated, I agree.

Whisky-dave:
What I'd like to know (sandman) yet again is what camera you're
actully talking about the old canon 7D or the NEW canon 7D2 it's
not clear.

Sandman:
The topic is the new version of the 7D, which is all I've been
talking about, naturally.

So the sentance "Yeah, like I said - the 7D is trounced by the
D7100,"

tells us that does it.

No, all the information I posted that only apply to the second version of
the 7D does, plus my clarification that I quoted. Easy for someone fluent
in English to understand.

Sandman:
Like I said yesterday:

So from now on every time you type 7D we are to substitute 7D mark
II

Why would you do that? When was the last time I talked about the 7D?

It's not that difficult to get such things right is it ? I suppose
in your world when you talk about eh canon 5D you are actually
refering to the 5D mk II or do you mean the 5D mk III ?

I would be in reference to the latest version of it, just as I would if I
was talking about the Nikon D4.

Sandman:
"Uh, the D7100 beats the 7D in most areas."

Whisky-dave:
Which 7D are you talking about

Sandman:
The one the thread is about.

and how is that worked out then...... from wht you type or what;s
rattling around in your head

No, what the thread is about. You can read it yourself, it's written with
text in English.

Android: "Here's a screen capture of the 7D2 vs the D7100 at ISO 6400..."
Me: "Yeah, like I said - the 7D is trounced by the D7100"

Drunk Dave: "Eh, why is he talking about a different camera? I don't
understand!"

--
Sandman[.net]
Old September 22nd 14, 04:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Wally

On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 10:12:41 +0200, android wrote:

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

In article , android wrote:

In article ,

Sandman:
Sandman Who's the winner? 09/17/2014

"Uh, the D7100 beats the 7D in most areas. The 7D has slightly
better ISO performance and shoots at 10fps compared to 6fps
for the D7100, other than that, it's utterly trounced."

---

android:
That's what action photogs want. I'd say that's it not the 7D2
thats humiliated. It's the poster that confuses it with a five
year old camera.

Sandman:
When did you confuse it with a five year old camera? Either way,
you're humiliated, I agree.

You can't read your own writing then...

I can, when did you confuse it for a five year old camera?

You can take him now...

There are pretty good reviews and discussions on the 7D2 all over the
web and on-line forums that give good information on the new camera,
minus all the invective and pointless arguing that we have here.

So if it's INFO you want, go to those places. If you want to argue
about everything EXCEPT the 7D2, you have found your ideal place here
in the newsgroup.

The only people who inhabit these newsgroups are those who like to
insult and challenge, and who enjoy being abused in that way.

Sandman, how would you compare the 7D to the 7D?

Old September 22nd 14, 06:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

Default JPEG? Means nothing.

On Sun, 21 Sep 2014 09:28:00 +0200, android wrote:

http://www.imaging-resource.com has got a "Beta" of the 7D2 and posted
jpegs of their test targets in their camera "comperometer".
Here's a screen capture of the 7D2 vs the D7100 at ISO 6400...
The Canon's on the left: http://tinyurl.com/mhpwv5m
I'm a RAW kind of guy but it's a preview. "Half frame" fanatics should
be ecstatic!

All you're comparing is JPG engines, which have so many variables that
with a few tweaks you could shift "better" from one camera to the
other in minutes. Show me the raw files and then we'll know. This is
for the curious, but really says nothing.
Old September 22nd 14, 10:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Me

On 23/09/2014 5:48 a.m., Bowser wrote:
On Sun, 21 Sep 2014 09:28:00 +0200, android wrote:

http://www.imaging-resource.com has got a "Beta" of the 7D2 and posted
jpegs of their test targets in their camera "comperometer".
Here's a screen capture of the 7D2 vs the D7100 at ISO 6400...
The Canon's on the left: http://tinyurl.com/mhpwv5m
I'm a RAW kind of guy but it's a preview. "Half frame" fanatics should
be ecstatic!

All you're comparing is JPG engines, which have so many variables that
with a few tweaks you could shift "better" from one camera to the
other in minutes. Show me the raw files and then we'll know. This is
for the curious, but really says nothing.

Only if the raw files aren't "cooked". Fuji are the latest culprit,
with raw files from X-trans sensor models showing less shot noise than
would be possible if quantum efficiency was 100%, kicking in at settings
above ISO 1600. In fact, raw data analysis shows exactly the same
amount of shot noise from ISO 1600 to ISO 6400.

Old September 23rd 14, 01:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Wally wrote:

There are pretty good reviews and discussions on the 7D2 all over
the web and on-line forums that give good information on the new
camera, minus all the invective and pointless arguing that we have
here.

So if it's INFO you want, go to those places. If you want to argue
about everything EXCEPT the 7D2, you have found your ideal place
here in the newsgroup.

The only people who inhabit these newsgroups are those who like to
insult and challenge, and who enjoy being abused in that way.

But enough about android now.

Sandman, how would you compare the 7D to the 7D?

I don't use Canon, I dislike their control interface. I think it's too bad
that the new 7D doesn't have better ISO performance, and that even an old
Nikon model outperforms it in most ways while being $500 cheaper.

--
Sandman[.net]