Good semi-pro camera?

Old August 27th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
SMS

Default Good semi-pro camera?

RoushPhotoOnline.com wrote:

All of these suggestions are good. I am a Nikon user, so I would
recoomend the D80 or D300. However, any camera at this level is very
good. Most importantly, any of these mid range systems are ones that
you can grow "in to" with new lenses. A D80 when used with Nikon's
Pro Series lenese is a very good system. In fact, it would out-
perform the D300 with the amatuer series or off brand lenses in most
cases.

Good advice. And with the D80 replacement announced, and the D300
replacement imminent, there should be a good supply of used bodies from
those that just have to have the latest thing as soon as it comes out.
Ditto for the 50D/40D and 7D/5D from Canon.
Old August 27th 08, 11:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , SMS
wrote:

All of these suggestions are good. I am a Nikon user, so I would
recoomend the D80 or D300. However, any camera at this level is very
good. Most importantly, any of these mid range systems are ones that
you can grow "in to" with new lenses. A D80 when used with Nikon's
Pro Series lenese is a very good system. In fact, it would out-
perform the D300 with the amatuer series or off brand lenses in most
cases.

Good advice. And with the D80 replacement announced, and the D300
replacement imminent,

imminent?? where in the world did you get that idea?