Tech Support?

Old October 24th 13, 11:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default Tech Support?

In article , Whisky-dave wrote:

Is that always true as you've told me it isn't.

I have told you no such thing. Now you're lying.

I'm not lying I'm asking.

Where above is that question? No question mark and not forrmulated like a question.

If "Is that always true as you've told me it isn't" isn't a question then it's a statement.

Sigh, the carousel again. That's why I said that I've told you no such
thing.

So what does always mean.

Maybe you should consult a dictionary when you don't know what a word means?

See caught you out there do you know what a dictonary is for ?

Yes.

I know what it means

So stop asking me then.

You seem to think it has a differnt meaning that is the point isn't it.

How things "seem" to you is of no concern to me. I know what it means and
I use it appropriately.

So how can you use the word always....

I use it when appropriate by typing it or saying it. Is this really a serious question?

Yes, how do you know you'rte using it correctly ?

By being aware of its definition.

You are foreign afterall ...

What that has to do with anyting it anyone's guess. You are supposedly a
native speaker and struggle immensly trying to formulate simple parsable
sentences.

--
Sandman[.net]
Old October 24th 13, 01:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Whisky-dave wrote:

Sigh, the carousel again. That's why I said that I've told you no such
thing.

So you have been saying nothing all along.

Incorrect.

I thought so.

It appears that whatever took place, "thinking" is not an apt description.

But I'm still n ot clear by what you've said when you said you always
post under the name sandman, or didn;t you say that ?

Are you now reduced to asking me what I have written in this thread -
further proving that you have no idea what was being discussed when you
entered it. You know, if I wanted to make you look like a fool, all I need
is a red curtain and a stage.

I know what it means

So stop asking me then.

You seem to think it has a differnt meaning that is the point isn't it.

How things "seem" to you is of no concern to me. I know what it means and
I use it appropriately.

A claim which you've yet to back up.

Incorrect, given the many times I've done that very thing. Your inability
to comprehend this is of no concern to me.

So how can you use the word always....

I use it when appropriate by typing it or saying it. Is this really a serious question?

Yes, how do you know you'rte using it correctly ?
You are foreign afterall ...

What that has to do with anyting it anyone's guess.

Everything.

Apparently not in a way you can express using English words. Just another
empty claim from Dave. It must be thursday.

You are supposedly a native speaker and struggle immensly trying to
formulate simple parsable sentences.

Everyone I know manages to work it out.

Which actually could amount to exactly zero persons as far as I know.

--
Sandman[.net]
Old October 24th 13, 04:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Whisky-dave wrote:

But I'm still n ot clear by what you've said when you said you always
post under the name sandman, or didn;t you say that ?

Are you now reduced to asking me what I have written in this thread -

You either said you always post under teh name sandman or you ddidnt;

And you either know exactly what I wrote because you have followed the
discussion, or you do not know what I said and have not been following the
discussion.

say you always posted under teh name sandman which is it ?

Maybe there is a way for you to find out for yourself what was written in
the past in a usenet group?

Is such a question that difficult to answer ?

The fact that it is being asked is what's difficult to understand. What I
wrote has been the center of discussion for days when you showed up. The
very fact that you seem confused about what I actually wrote means that
your entire presence in this thread is - as I've said - irrelevant.

further proving that you have no idea what was being discussed when you
entered it. You know, if I wanted to make you look like a fool, all I need
is a red curtain and a stage.

No idea what that means sorry not the sort of term I've come across .

You don't know what a red curtain and a stage is?

--
Sandman[.net]
Old November 7th 13, 01:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

On 10/7/2013 6:33 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

You never before made the distinction between a peripheral and a host.
When you made that clear the puzzle unlocked.

yes i did, early on in the thread.

Give me an exact quote.

peter's post on 10/1 is the first one i can find about his claim that
the ipad not having usb:

In article , PeterN
wrote:
Apple says it does not have one. Indeed, I considred using a iPad to
transfer files from my CF cards toa portable hard drive. The Apple
people told me it couldn't be done. it does have s conversion unit, but
that doesn't function like USB.

http://store.apple.com/us/question/answers/ipad/does-the-new-ipad-have-a-usb-port/QAHJTUUF729JUYJXF

one of my replies on 10/3 explained host and peripheral, as did some
others, as did some others. there are too many posts to wade through.

In article , nospam
wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

All of which proves, that the iPad port, does not function as a USB
port. Which is the function i need.

what it proves is you don't understand what you're talking about. no
surprise there.

usb devices are either a host (i.e, a computer) or a peripheral (i.e, a
hard drive or printer). the ipad is a usb peripheral. it connects to a
usb host, such as your computer, both to charge and sync data.

it does not connect to other usb peripherals. that's why a usb cable
has different plugs at either end, because two usb peripherals can't
talk to each other. there has to be a host.

however, by using the camera connection kit, it is possible to plug
some usb peripherals into the ipad, making it function as a usb host.
that's for specific use cases, such as copying photos from a memory
card or for audio/midi support. it's not for generic usb host support,
which makes no sense for most devices.

and this is where peter mentioned two hard drives, something you said
he never said:

Ha! The above colon is documented evidence that "nospam" finally used
his "shift" key.

In article , PeterN
wrote:
I quite understand that. Are you saying that I can connect a card reader
and two HD's to to an iPad, and download from the card, to a hard drive,
and backup HD1 to HD 2. Then look at the images on HD1 and do a rough
edit and cull with the iPad.

(Note: I left nospam's post completely intact, for posterity.)

John
Old December 13th 16, 11:23 AM
zuruinp zuruinp is offline
Junior Member

If you deleted photos in SD card, then you can follow this guide to get it recovered.

Last edited by zuruinp : December 20th 16 at 03:34 AM.