Canon S3 or S5....?

Old July 22nd 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rohit

Default Canon S3 or S5....?

Hi,

I am having canon A310 and learning photography using it, and now
planing to get other new one. I have seen Canon PowerShot S3 IS and
S5, now confuse between these two. Or if you already know any other
good model which helps more in learning, please let me know. I'd sure
appreciate a suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

~Rohit

NT: Please route me to correct group if I have posted in wrong group.

Old July 22nd 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
AAvK

"Rohit" wrote in message ups.com...
Hi,

I am having canon A310 and learning photography using it, and now
planing to get other new one. I have seen Canon PowerShot S3 IS and
S5, now confuse between these two. Or if you already know any other
good model which helps more in learning, please let me know. I'd sure
appreciate a suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

~Rohit

NT: Please route me to correct group if I have posted in wrong group.

"Canon S3 or S5....?" ............................. NEITHER! Go for a Fujifilm s9100. PLEASE!

--
})))* Giant_Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
Old July 22nd 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Gladiator

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 13:50:09 -0700, "AAvK"
wrote:

"Canon S3 or S5....?" ............................. NEITHER! Go for a Fujifilm s9100. PLEASE!

Why?
Old July 22nd 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 13:50:09 -0700, AAvK wrote:

"Rohit" wrote in message ups.com...
Hi,

I am having canon A310 and learning photography using it, and now
planing to get other new one. I have seen Canon PowerShot S3 IS and
S5, now confuse between these two. Or if you already know any other
good model which helps more in learning, please let me know. I'd sure
appreciate a suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

~Rohit

NT: Please route me to correct group if I have posted in wrong group.

"Canon S3 or S5....?" ............................. NEITHER! Go for a Fujifilm s9100. PLEASE!

Why? Do you have fuji stock?

Old July 23rd 07, 06:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Harrington

"AAvK" wrote in message

"Canon S3 or S5....?" ............................. NEITHER! Go for a
Fujifilm s9100. PLEASE!

Not if that, like most Fujifilm models, uses those nonsensical xD-Picture
cards.

I think anyone buying a compact camera today would be making a big mistake
buying any model that doesn't take SD cards, which have become the standard
for such things. That means most Fuji and Olympus cameras are out.

Neil

Old July 23rd 07, 06:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jürgen Exner

Neil Harrington wrote:
I think anyone buying a compact camera today would be making a big
mistake buying any model that doesn't take SD cards, which have
become the standard for such things.

I still very much prefer CompactFlash which just has no issues unless SD
with e.g. stupid 2GB limits, different versions (does the reader support
SDHC or SD or SD over 2GB or ...), etc, etc.

jue

Old July 23rd 07, 06:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
AAvK

wrote:

"Canon S3 or S5....?" ............................. NEITHER! Go for a Fujifilm s9100. PLEASE!

Why?

Image quality is superior, due to their own proprietary "super CCD" and their own lenses, which
are way hyper sharp. They also are the very best with high ISO noise quality, and you can read
that on http://www.dpreview.com/ - see samples at both sites: http://www.pbase.com/ I have the
s6000fd, as far as function it is a tad limited (just a tad) but the image quality is second to few.

AAvK
Old July 23rd 07, 06:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
AAvK

Why? Do you have fuji stock?

NOPE! Great image quality all around is my point, as in my previous reply.
Price is awesome online as well.

AAvK
Old July 23rd 07, 06:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
AAvK

Not if that, like most Fujifilm models, uses those nonsensical xD-Picture
cards.

I think anyone buying a compact camera today would be making a big mistake
buying any model that doesn't take SD cards, which have become the standard
for such things. That means most Fuji and Olympus cameras are out.

Neil

Thanks!

But a "card" is HARDLY a reason to surpass a superior system of awesome image quality.
Do the research and see the review samples... which are far more the point even if the Xd
is a shot more expensive. Fuji cams have awesome sharpness and color, best high ISO noise
qualities. Useable images at ISO 1600, Canon P&S beasties can't do that.

On the *bay I paid 1/2 the cost for an "M" type 2 Gb Xd, $40 as opposed to $80 or more in
stores. But the "F" type is twice as fast at accepting the image processed onto the card.

AAvK
Old July 23rd 07, 08:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_3_]

Neil Harrington wrote:
"AAvK" wrote in message

"Canon S3 or S5....?" ............................. NEITHER! Go
for a Fujifilm s9100. PLEASE!

Not if that, like most Fujifilm models, uses those nonsensical
xD-Picture cards.

I think anyone buying a compact camera today would be making a big
mistake buying any model that doesn't take SD cards, which have
become the standard for such things. That means most Fuji and Olympus
cameras are out.
Neil

... and the lack of image-stabilisation will be a major drawback for
others.

David