What's annoying ( UC)

Old February 4th 06, 05:09 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default What's annoying ( UC) - long

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 21:24:34 -0500, Bogdan Karasek
wrote:

Social Security and Medicare are well on their way to insolvency

This just makes Canadians cringe. Or at least the ones who can read.

As a Canadian, I would appreciate it if you did not insult us, we are
not a bunch of illiterates who swill beer all the time, eh,

You're not ? How un-American !

==
John - Photographer & Webmaster
www.puresilver.org - www.xs750.net
Old February 4th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 21:24:34 -0500, Bogdan
Karasek wrote:

To the person who wrote this drivel:

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 23:37:43 -0600, John
wrote:

Social Security and Medicare are well on their way to insolvency

This just makes Canadians cringe. Or at least the ones who can read.

As a Canadian, I would appreciate it if you did not insult us, we are
not a bunch of illiterates who swill beer all the time, eh, and please
don't venture into matters of which you know nothing of. Its bad enough
that your ambassador to Canada is telling us what we should be doing.
We are not your 53rd state but an independent country with our own
culture, social philosophy, and independent foreign policy. And please
don't insult our intelligence. We are all well educated and we can all
read, and yes, our higher education is subsidized by the governement.
Thank you.

Regards,
Bogdan

February 4, 2006, from Lloyd Erlick,

Well, I'm Canadian, too. My remarks were
meant to imply that the Canadian educational
system has decayed over the decades since I
was a grade schooler, and it's now more
difficult for Canadians to perceive, becasue
so many are poorly educated and do not know
how to think, how badly their political
situation has deteriorated, and how badly the
social systems we have built have been
allowed to deteriorate. Thus we have
political parties attacking health care and
education. The Conservative Party of Ontario
was a good example.

I prefer not to use the third person pronoun
to refer to all American people as if they
were each, individually, responsible for
inadequacies in the behaviour of the US
federal government. I think it is important
to distinguish between individual people and
the administration of a country.

I'd like to see education funded along the
model established by the USA for developing
and producing weapon systems. The American
taxpayer pays for and owns the military
apparatus one hundred per cent, out of
taxation. I'd like students to be funded one
hundred per cent, to pursue their education
as far as they desire, and/or as far as they
are capable, entirely out of taxpayer
funding. In other words, I'd like to see
education set free, just like militarism. I
think there would be an enormous change in
our society. If socialized nuclear missile
launching submarines are acceptable to our
society, why not socialized education or
medical care?

Some people don't like OT threads like this,
so maybe we should desist??

regards,
--le
________________________________
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.
voice: 416-686-0326
email:
net:
www.heylloyd.com
________________________________

Old February 4th 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

"Lloyd Erlick" Lloyd at @the-wire. dot com wrote

I'd like to see education funded along the
model established by the USA for developing
and producing weapon systems.

Rumsfeld & Cheney in charge of education?

In other words, I'd like to see
education set free, just like militarism.

Militarize the education system?

If socialized nuclear missile
launching submarines are acceptable to our
society

They are?

why not socialized education or
medical care?

The thought of the US Govm't running
health care isn't pleasant to contemplate. I
mean, does Canada like the way the US tries
to run the world? Would you like them
in charge of your health? Neither would we.

And I know, them is us.

Some people don't like OT threads like this,
so maybe we should desist??

And wash our hands before meals, brush our teeth
and say our prayers. Or shovel dirt into our
decayed mouths and curse God.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
To reply, remove spaces: n o lindan at ix . netcom . com
Old February 4th 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

In article k.net,
"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote:

Or shovel dirt into our
decayed mouths and curse God.

As a result of the cursing I can think of a few
that a good shovel full of dirt is most appropriate.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

greg_____photo(dot)com
Old February 4th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

February 4, 2006, from Lloyd Erlick,

On Sat, 04 Feb. 2006 16:33:59 GMT, "Nicholas
O. Lindan" wrote:

The thought of the US Govm't running
health care isn't pleasant to contemplate. I
mean, does Canada like the way the US tries
to run the world? Would you like them
in charge of your health? Neither would we.

And I know, them is us.

I see your point.

....Or shovel dirt into our
decayed mouths and curse God.

I don't recognize the reference. Shakespeare
or the Bible ? ...

regards,
--le
________________________________

Old February 4th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

wrote:

"Lloyd Erlick" Lloyd at @the-wire. dot com wrote

I'd like to see education funded along the
model established by the USA for developing
and producing weapon systems.

Rumsfeld & Cheney in charge of education?

That's one way to get rid of them ! Picture Rumsfeld beseiged by the
PTA on one side, the teachers unions on another and the tax-paying
parents on another. LOL ! Weapons are just so much simpler than
actually satisfying a need !

In other words, I'd like to see
education set free, just like militarism.

Militarize the education system?

Hmmmm, I thought my vice-principal resembeled a seargent ;)

If socialized nuclear missile
launching submarines are acceptable to our
society

They are?

Evidently. I haven't seen any rally's stating otherwise for quite some
time.

why not socialized education or
medical care?

The thought of the US Govm't running
health care isn't pleasant to contemplate.

They can't even manage a decent system of roads or the purchasing of
reasonably price toilet seats much less run health care.

Put Slick Willy back in office. At least we knew who was getting what
and it wasn't always US getting the the "what" !

==
Old February 4th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

In article ,
John wrote:

Put Slick Willy back in office. At least we knew who was getting what
and it wasn't always US getting the the "what" !

No it was a certain intern with the "That Girl haircut". ;D

http://www.rossetta.com/candie1.htm

Old February 6th 06, 12:43 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 18:07:01 -0500, G- Blank
wrote:

Put Slick Willy back in office. At least we knew who was getting what
and it wasn't always US getting the the "what" !

No it was a certain intern with the "That Girl haircut". ;D

February 6, 2006, from Lloyd Erlick,

At least Clinton's misdemeanor was something
"normal". He had sex with the wrong person in
the wrong place. At least it was with an
adult human. A female one, no less.

regards,
--le

Old February 6th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

"Lloyd Erlick" Lloyd at @the-wire. dot com wrote

At least Clinton's misdemeanor was something
"normal". He had sex with the wrong person in
the wrong place.

Every time Monica made the news Willy
launched cruise missiles to miss Bin Laden.

The movie "Wag the Dog" came out at the same
time.