HP Photosmart 945 digital camera

Old February 4th 05, 10:14 AM
Kerry

Default HP Photosmart 945 digital camera

Hello,

I am thinking about buying the HP 945 digital camera. Has anyone had
any experience with this camera? Do you like it? Any problems?

Kerry

Old February 4th 05, 05:26 PM
David H. Lipman

Two answers.

Don't buy HP cameras - ever !

It isn't even a dSLR.

--
Dave

oups.com...

Old February 4th 05, 07:17 PM
John Francis

In article .com,
Kerry wrote:
Hello,

I am thinking about buying the HP 945 digital camera. Has anyone had
any experience with this camera? Do you like it? Any problems?

Kerry

1) Wrong newsgroup - this is for DSLRs.

2) I find the HP cameras particularly unpleasant to use;
the electronic viewfinder seems to freeze for a much longer
time on a half-depress of the shutter than on other cameras
I've tried (including some much older models).
The resulting images seem fine, admittedly.

Old February 4th 05, 08:27 PM
Alan Browne-

Kerry wrote:
Hello,

I am thinking about buying the HP 945 digital camera. Has anyone had
any experience with this camera? Do you like it? Any problems?

Suggest you post at rec.photo.digital.point+shoot or .zlr as may apply.
this ng is about slr type digital cameras and system components.

Old February 8th 05, 09:29 AM
Kerry

Dave

Why so much animosity towards HP cameras?

Kerry

Old February 8th 05, 03:58 PM
David H. Lipman

Because their crap.

When it comes to printers I'll choose HP over all others. HP ScanJets are excellent as
well. However, not all of their other product lines are that good. I had 8 HP Vectra
computers. Of those eight, one was just junk, a lemon from day one. The others had
problems that I don't see in other computers that I maintained (IBM Thinkpads, Dell desktop
and notebooks, Sony Vaio, etc.) I will never get a HP computer again ! That same office
bought a HP digital camera. It was junk and we shortly thereafter bought a Canon PowerShot.
The Canon is far superior than the HP. Since then I have come across other HP cameras and
none have compared to the Canon and Olympus P&S cameras I used before I went to a Canon
dSLR.

Sometimes companies think that they should enter a market and try to get a good market
share. However, companies should not just "enter a market" without having a good product
line to begin with. Photography is not a strong suite with HP and it doesn't look like it
ever will. You are just far better off getting a camera from what was a film manufacturer
that went digital. HP's foray into Digital Photography is NOT one of their better product
lines.

--
Dave

ups.com...

Old February 10th 05, 05:18 AM
Kerry

Thanks Dave I appreciate the input. You are right about HP printers
they are the best. By the way what is dSLR? TTYL

Kerry

Old February 10th 05, 05:45 AM
David H. Lipman

dSLR -- Digital Single Lens Reflex