George Washington Bridge---

Old January 25th 05, 10:22 AM
GRC

Default George Washington Bridge---

George Washington Bridge
http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowPhoto.cfm?PhotoID=88265

--
George GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE @ ShutterCity
http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowPhoto.cfm?PhotoID=88265
http://www.grcgrc.net/mainphoto.htm

Old January 25th 05, 10:45 AM
MaryL

"GRC" wrote in message
George Washington Bridge
http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowPhoto.cfm?PhotoID=88265

--
George GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE @ ShutterCity
http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowPhoto.cfm?PhotoID=88265
http://www.grcgrc.net/mainphoto.htm

Wonderful photo! I would like to see the Ruppert Brewery sign removed
because it is so distracting, but otherwise a great scene.

MaryL

Old January 25th 05, 11:22 AM
R. Makul

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 04:45:04 -0600, "MaryL"

Wonderful photo! I would like to see the Ruppert Brewery sign removed
because it is so distracting, but otherwise a great scene.

MaryL

========
Disagree! The Ruppert Brewery sign adds geographic context. Jacob
Ruppert, the brewer, once owned the New York Yankees.

Old January 25th 05, 12:53 PM
MaryL

"R. Makul" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 04:45:04 -0600, "MaryL"

Wonderful photo! I would like to see the Ruppert Brewery sign removed
because it is so distracting, but otherwise a great scene.

MaryL

========
Disagree! The Ruppert Brewery sign adds geographic context. Jacob
Ruppert, the brewer, once owned the New York Yankees.

I didn't know that. I was reacting purely to the visual (not historic)
image. In that case, what about reducing the intensity of the sign a bit?

MaryL

Old January 25th 05, 06:21 PM
DFS

"GRC" wrote in message
George Washington Bridge
http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowPhoto.cfm?PhotoID=88265

--
George GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE @ ShutterCity
http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowPhoto.cfm?PhotoID=88265
http://www.grcgrc.net/mainphoto.htm

Hope that "Homeland (in)Security" doesn't monitor this group. They shoot
people for taking photos of bridges --- don't they???

Old January 25th 05, 08:15 PM
Cynicor

"DFS" wrote in message

"GRC" wrote in message
George Washington Bridge
http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowPhoto.cfm?PhotoID=88265

--
George GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE @ ShutterCity
http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowPhoto.cfm?PhotoID=88265
http://www.grcgrc.net/mainphoto.htm

Hope that "Homeland (in)Security" doesn't monitor this group. They
shoot people for taking photos of bridges --- don't they???

You can't take photos FROM the bridge while you're on it. They have signs up
and everything.

There was an interesting story on the front page of SFGate.com yesterday. A
guy got a permit to film on the Golden Gate Bridge for a year, but it turned
out he was making a movie interviewing suicide jumpers right before they
went over.

Old January 26th 05, 12:06 AM
Gaderian

DFS wrote:
George GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE @ ShutterCity
http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowPhoto.cfm?PhotoID=88265
http://www.grcgrc.net/mainphoto.htm

Hope that "Homeland (in)Security" doesn't monitor this group. They
shoot people for taking photos of bridges --- don't they???

Does that mean we'll have to shoot all of the store owners who sell
postcards of this bridge?

Old January 26th 05, 05:18 AM
Ryan Robbins

"GRC" wrote in message
George Washington Bridge
http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowPhoto.cfm?PhotoID=88265

--
George GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE @ ShutterCity
http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowPhoto.cfm?PhotoID=88265
http://www.grcgrc.net/mainphoto.htm

Hope that "Homeland (in)Security" doesn't monitor this group. They
shoot people for taking photos of bridges --- don't they???

You can't take photos FROM the bridge while you're on it. They have signs
up and everything.

So if you're driving or a passenger in a car you supposedly can't take
photos from the bridge? I doubt this.

Old January 26th 05, 07:00 PM
John McWilliams

MaryL wrote:
"R. Makul" wrote in message

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 04:45:04 -0600, "MaryL"

Wonderful photo! I would like to see the Ruppert Brewery sign removed
because it is so distracting, but otherwise a great scene.

MaryL

========
Disagree! The Ruppert Brewery sign adds geographic context. Jacob
Ruppert, the brewer, once owned the New York Yankees.

I didn't know that. I was reacting purely to the visual (not historic)
image. In that case, what about reducing the intensity of the sign a bit?

And taking out the blue cast....

But a good, if not historical, photo.

--
John McWilliams
Old January 27th 05, 03:43 AM

In message oKFJd.28597$1l2.2454@trndny05,
"Ryan Robbins" wrote:

So if you're driving or a passenger in a car you supposedly can't take
photos from the bridge? I doubt this.

It's not 100% enforceable, but it is against the rules to do any
photography from a major NYC bridge or beneath it without permission.
--

John P Sheehy