WTB: Screw Mount to Leica M (Bayonet) Adapter

Old September 18th 05, 02:26 PM
reconair

Default WTB: Screw Mount to Leica M (Bayonet) Adapter

I want to use my Leica M6 on a large refractor telescope, but need subject
adapter. Help please or recommend a link.

Thanks
Scott

Old September 18th 05, 04:03 PM
Francis Roy

What does your telescope maker offer? What is the thread
size you need. This question initially sounded like you
wanted to use a Leica screw mount lens on a bayonet camera.
Telescopes usually use a "T" Mount system.

Francis in VT

Old September 18th 05, 07:34 PM
reconair

Yes you are correct, but I've yet to find a T-mount for the Leica M. So, my
thinking says to first get a SM to M adapter then acquire a T-Mount for the
SM version. There are two types I believe, first there is a 29tpi which
appears to be Leica specific. Then there is a 39tpi for all others. I
think I need the 39tpi for my application.

Scott