All-in-One PCs

Old January 31st 16, 03:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
PeterN[_6_]

Default All-in-One PCs

On 1/30/2016 3:59 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

the gloss is minimal and the retina resolution outweighs any gloss.

That's your opinion. It's not mine.

it's not just my opinion, but regardless, it's your loss to forgo a
retina display solely because it's not matte, particularly when its
glossiness is not all that glossy and not even noticeable when it's in
use.

older glossy displays were much glossier. the retina display is not the
same.

you can always get a matte screen overlay if you're that bent on matte
displays.

And end up with possible luminescence shifts.

that's the downside of matte displays, but he wants matte.

what he and you don't realize is that modern glossy displays aren't
very glossy. early glossy displays were awful but that issue is long
gone.

If one is producing images for third parties to view, downgrading the
image for third party viewing can result in color shifts, due to
interpolation.

nonsense. there is no interpolation. do you even know what that means??

Another idiotic statement. I do an image in RGB and the display is sRBG,
what happens to the colors in the RGB space that are not available in sRGB.

that has absolutely nothing to do with glossy versus matte.

none whatso****ingever.

Just where did I say it did?

--
PeterN
Old January 31st 16, 03:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 1/30/2016 4:00 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

My PC
was built and Windows was running in two hours, maybe a little less. It
was a whole three hours of my time invested in a buying parts and
building the PC.

in other words, your claim of two hours was wrong.

and you're also ignoring the time waiting for delivery and the time to
install all the apps.

So a Mac would come with all the apps I need and want installed?

with a new mac, you connect it to your old mac and have migration
assistant copy everything, which is part of the setup process. when
it's done, all of your apps, documents and settings are on the new mac
(and still on the old mac too).

windows doesn't migrate particularly well (or not at all), which means
you'll end up having to manually install and authenticate all of your
apps, and that's after finding the cd/dvds and/or redownloading the
installers, along with finding the necessary serial numbers.

in other words, after the mac has completed the setup process,
everything is there. with windows, no. you're on your own.

Hey goal changer, I don't have a Mac.

then why did you ask about macs?

but at least you admit you don't have one. now we know you're full of
**** when you talk about it.

Two words for you to learn. SURPRISE!!! They have different and
non-interchangeable meanings.
They a
Own; and
Use.

--
PeterN
Old January 31st 16, 03:52 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital
Jolly Roger[_2_]

PeterN wrote:
On 1/30/2016 11:40 AM, Lewis wrote:

You keep repeating that as if someone is disagreeing with you. No one is
disagreeing. The point is that when you reach the point that the machine
no longer fills that needs, you will get far more for the old Mac than
you will get for the old Windows machine.

Future resale is simply not a consideration.

That's only because you assume up front your new computer won't have any
resale value. Meanwhile those of us who know better sell ours when we are
ready to upgrade which significantly offsets the cost of the new machine.
Your loss...

JR
Old January 31st 16, 03:57 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital
Jolly Roger[_2_]

On 2016-01-30, PeterN wrote:
On 1/29/2016 12:31 PM, Jolly Roger wrote:

Someone admitting they have used a Mac once or not at all requires no
assumptions.

I have used Macs and totally agree with Tony Cooper.

Sure you have.

Whether you believe me or not will not affect my life one scintilla.

Likewise your lies have no significant effect on mine.

JR
Old January 31st 16, 03:57 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital
Jolly Roger[_2_]

PeterN wrote:
On 1/30/2016 3:59 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Jolly Roger

On 2016-01-30, PeterN wrote:
On 1/29/2016 12:31 PM, Jolly Roger wrote:
Someone admitting they have used a Mac once or not at all requires no
assumptions.

I have used Macs and totally agree with Tony Cooper.

Sure you have.

he's lying again.

he's an ex-lawyer. lying is what he does.

You are reinforcing your reputation as an asshole.

You are projecting. You've been caught in a lie and now you can't deal with
it, asshole.

JR
Old January 31st 16, 04:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

read what you wrote again.
Old January 31st 16, 04:00 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Jolly Roger
wrote:

Someone admitting they have used a Mac once or not at all requires no
assumptions.

I have used Macs and totally agree with Tony Cooper.

Sure you have.

he's lying again.

he's an ex-lawyer. lying is what he does.

You are reinforcing your reputation as an asshole.

You are projecting. You've been caught in a lie and now you can't deal with
it, asshole.

he regularly is caught in lies.
Old January 31st 16, 04:05 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital
dorayme[_3_]

In article ,
Jolly Roger wrote:

dorayme wrote:
In article ,
Jolly Roger wrote:

Based on the posts you've made that I've seen, you have no more chance
of understanding a point made than Oscar Pistorius has of being
accepted as a member of The Royal Ballet Company.

Insults won't get you anywhere with me, Sally.

But you are hoping that your Sally will hit home as an insult.

It seems to have made an impression

Being an arsehole in the public arena always make an impression. Now,
**** off.

--
dorayme
Old January 31st 16, 04:07 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital
dorayme[_3_]

In article ,
Jolly Roger wrote:

Shut the **** up and eat my asshole like I taught you, ****wit wench.

dorayme
Old January 31st 16, 04:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
Jolly Roger[_2_]

On 2016-01-30 11:31, Lewis wrote:

Sure. Dell installed a fraudulant root certificate that allowed them to
see everything you did on your machine, even the things you though were
protected by SSL.

And if you removed it, they put it back.

Next?

Cite (up to date mind you).

Pshhhh... Anyone who wasn't living under a rock remembers this well. Do
your own research.

JR