flash photo doo dad

Old September 30th 09, 02:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Matt Clara[_2_]

Default flash photo doo dad

Check this out. Point at the top of the photo, and then slowly, or not,
move the cursor to the bottom.
http://61226.com/share/hk.swf

For those who don't know me, this isn't spam or a trap or phishing, or
whatever, just an interesting "time lapse" image.

--
www.mattclara.com

Old September 30th 09, 03:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_4_]

On 2009-09-29 18:51:27 -0700, "Matt Clara" said:

Check this out. Point at the top of the photo, and then slowly, or
not, move the cursor to the bottom.
http://61226.com/share/hk.swf

For those who don't know me, this isn't spam or a trap or phishing, or
whatever, just an interesting "time lapse" image.

That is a new take on time lapse.
Interesting.

Savageduck

Old September 30th 09, 09:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ofnuts

On 2009-09-29 18:51:27 -0700, "Matt Clara" said:

Check this out. Point at the top of the photo, and then slowly, or
not, move the cursor to the bottom.
http://61226.com/share/hk.swf

For those who don't know me, this isn't spam or a trap or phishing, or
whatever, just an interesting "time lapse" image.

That is a new take on time lapse.
Interesting.

This isn't time lapse... The boats do not move, they just slowly vanish.
It's more likely a mere progressive transition between a "before sunset"
picture and a "night" one.

--
Bertrand
Old September 30th 09, 09:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Eric Stevens

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 21:51:27 -0400, "Matt Clara"
wrote:

Check this out. Point at the top of the photo, and then slowly, or not,
move the cursor to the bottom.
http://61226.com/share/hk.swf

For those who don't know me, this isn't spam or a trap or phishing, or
whatever, just an interesting "time lapse" image.

Nice photographs, but that pherry in the phoreground seems to
transcent both time and space,

Eric Stevens
Old September 30th 09, 10:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bin Thur Dundat

On 2009-09-29 18:51:27 -0700, "Matt Clara" said:

Check this out. Point at the top of the photo, and then slowly, or not,
move the cursor to the bottom.
http://61226.com/share/hk.swf

For those who don't know me, this isn't spam or a trap or phishing, or
whatever, just an interesting "time lapse" image.

That is a new take on time lapse.
Interesting.

This isn't time lapse... The boats do not move, they just slowly vanish.
It's more likely a mere progressive transition between a "before sunset"
picture and a "night" one.

If you observe closely the boats do move/disappear.
Also, there is a pop-up on the mouse pointer gives a different time as you
move down the image, showing 1 minute increments over a period of 90
minutes.

Sure seems like time lapse to me.

Old September 30th 09, 10:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ray Fischer

Bin Thur Dundat wrote:

On 2009-09-29 18:51:27 -0700, "Matt Clara" said:

Check this out. Point at the top of the photo, and then slowly, or not,
move the cursor to the bottom.
http://61226.com/share/hk.swf

For those who don't know me, this isn't spam or a trap or phishing, or
whatever, just an interesting "time lapse" image.

That is a new take on time lapse.
Interesting.

This isn't time lapse... The boats do not move, they just slowly vanish.
It's more likely a mere progressive transition between a "before sunset"
picture and a "night" one.

If you observe closely the boats do move/disappear.

No, some disappear. They don't move. In the real world large boats
don't simply disappear.

Also, there is a pop-up on the mouse pointer gives a different time as you
move down the image, showing 1 minute increments over a period of 90
minutes.

Oh, well then, if there's a time on a mouse pointer then it must be
true.

--
Ray Fischer

Old September 30th 09, 01:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
J. Clarke

Bin Thur Dundat wrote:
On 2009-09-29 18:51:27 -0700, "Matt Clara"
said:

Check this out. Point at the top of the photo, and then slowly,
or not, move the cursor to the bottom.
http://61226.com/share/hk.swf

For those who don't know me, this isn't spam or a trap or
phishing, or whatever, just an interesting "time lapse" image.

That is a new take on time lapse.
Interesting.

This isn't time lapse... The boats do not move, they just slowly
vanish. It's more likely a mere progressive transition between a
"before sunset" picture and a "night" one.

If you observe closely the boats do move/disappear.

They disappear, they don't move. The only way that could happen is if
Scotty's playing around with the Transporter.

Note the ferry about a quarter of the way up from the bottom and a little
right of center. At typical ferry speeds it would move maybe 50-100 feet a
minute (even a CAT ferry wouldn't be going fast in a space that
confined)--it appears at 6:10, with a visible wake indicating that it is
moving, then stays in the same place with the same wake for more than an
hour. Meanwhile another one appears to the left of center with motion blur,
and stays in the same place for more than half an hour.

This looks like a blending of _two_ photos, it doesn't look like a
one-minute-interval time lapse.

Old September 30th 09, 01:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Bin Thur Dundat wrote:
"Ofnuts" wrote in message

http://61226.com/share/hk.swf

This isn't time lapse... The boats do not move, they just slowly vanish.
It's more likely a mere progressive transition between a "before sunset"
picture and a "night" one.

If you observe closely the boats do move/disappear.

Blending 2 shots, yes.

Also, there is a pop-up on the mouse pointer gives a different time as you
move down the image, showing 1 minute increments over a period of 90
minutes.

And you tell me the boats stay exactly in position for
60+ minutes while crusing and showing a visible bow wave and wake?

Suuure. I wouldn't post such things under my real name and
email address either.

Sure seems like time lapse to me.

most interesting.

-Wolfgang
Old September 30th 09, 02:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paying Attention

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:23:40 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

This looks like a blending of _two_ photos, it doesn't look like a
one-minute-interval time lapse.

The flash applet loads four images. I watched them load on slow-dial-up as
my browser reported how many images it had left to load. If you move the
slider carefully you can pick out all four frames. Two before dusk, one at
dusk, and one at night. They did some careful cloning of sky and water
(things that should change) between some of the frames. For example, the
band of cloud-layer matches up through the three daytime frames and does
not change.

Old September 30th 09, 09:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Matt Clara wrote:
Check this out. Point at the top of the photo, and then slowly, or not,
move the cursor to the bottom.
http://61226.com/share/hk.swf

For those who don't know me, this isn't spam or a trap or phishing, or
whatever, just an interesting "time lapse" image.

Even boats at anchor should move with wind, tide and current ...

Not sure this was a time lapse or a simulation between at most 5 photos
or so...