Obama is an avid photographer and Nikon D3 user!!

Old October 2nd 09, 06:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chris H

Default Obama is an avid photographer and Nikon D3 user!!

In message , Neil Ellwood
writes
On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 15:33:26 -0400, Neil Harrington wrote:

"Chris H" wrote in message
In message , Neil
Harrington writes
It takes a crony-filled White House to raise a Chicago Olympic village.
Daley and Obama will get the glory. America will get stuck with the
bill.

Can't argue with that!

Blair did the same for the UK :-(
Most of the UK was hoping Paris would get it. :-)

I have no idea why governments fight for the Olympics. I wish it would
go away.

I feel the same way exactly.

Most thinking people do.

Particularly in the current climate. The Ancient Olympics was in fact a
test of military skill

in those days
Shot-put
Javelin
sword
hammer
archery
were all weapons of war

wrestling
horsemanship
running
swimming
were all skills required of most military people

In any event the modern Olympics was supposed to be amateur... which it
is in name only these days. No real amateur stands a chance.

Time to stop the whole farce. I feel sorry for who ever gets it next.
London may go some way to helping the demise.

Nothing will be as spectacular as the Chinese Olympics. That could only
have been achieved in a totalitarian state.

Also I think the Brits are luke warm on the idea anyway, well apart from
the competitors and their families and clubs. Most of the population are
not that bothered.

My worry is I am only 25 miles from Birmingham and the US track and
field team are going to be based there making both Birmingham and London
major terrorist targets.

Either the policing will be so tight the local people in Birmingham and
London will get very ****ed off or there is a good chance of a
terrorist strike. Either way it does not look good for the Olympics.

In China they could do a total lock down with no problems. In the UK you
would have major problems trying to do it. We prefer freedom and the
risk of getting blown up more than a safe police state. We had that
during the Irish troubles and chose to risk the bombs.

Hopefully a dismal London Olympics (especially after China) will make
the next 2016 people scale it back and think twice.

Old October 2nd 09, 09:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 18:57:40 +0100, Chris H wrote:

My worry is I am only 25 miles from Birmingham and the US track and
field team are going to be based there making both Birmingham and London
major terrorist targets.

Why are you worried, Chris? You have your Net Kooks "Terrorusm"
newsgroup as an early warning system, all your pub mates have inside
knowledge of everything that goes on, and you are a trained
anti-terrorist secret agent.

What, though, if the early warning comes on Fox News? You still
haven't admitted whether or not you've ever watch that channel or have
access to it.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old October 3rd 09, 02:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 06:14:41 -0700 (PDT), eNo wrote:
: On Sep 30, 3:35*am, Larry Thong wrote:
: I never thought he had it in him, but Obama is enjoying one of his
: favorite hobbies, photography. *And with his recently purchased D3
: that he acquired from a local Maryland Photo shop he is now assured
: of getting some really nice images in his spare time. *It's all clear
: *now. Obama is definitely the second coming, his love of Nikon and
: the almighty perfect D3 reinforces this!
:
: Great, maybe he and Ashton Kutcher can do a commercial together.

Forgive my abysmal ignorance, but is Kutcher the guy with the D90 who stepped
in the punch bowl at a wedding he was photographing?

Bob
Old October 3rd 09, 05:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_4_]

Old October 4th 09, 06:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

01 Oct 2009,Savageduck in

That would be the same as one of them wearing an "Official"
Olympic Omega timepiece, and the other hedging the bet by wearing
a Rolex, and having a Seiko in the wings as an understudy.

or wearing adidas on one foot, nike on the other, and keeping a reebok sock stuffed
close to the third foot :-)