Versalab Parallel alignment tool BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old March 25th 04, 10:17 PM
Bernard

Default Versalab Parallel alignment tool BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,
I have got a package from versalab these days. I have purchased a
PARALLEL alignment tool. One big reflective glass was broken when I
opened the package. I told this circumstances versaleb. The response
was beastly. This is the response of versalab:
We have never, in thousands of units, had this problem. We have

shipped around the world for years.

Regards,
John Bicht

What should I say more??!!

Univ.Prof. Bernhard Augl
Old March 26th 04, 04:58 AM
Bob Stewart

Actually, I found them very consumer unfriendly when I was looking to
buy one of their print washers. I live in Alaska and they were
inflexible on shipping. I ended up buying a used one from someone who
shiped it USPS, but Versalab mised a new product sale in the deal. They
could learn some lessons from Lee Valley, L.L. Bean, etc.

Old April 1st 04, 08:56 PM
Laura Dearborn, Versalab

Versalab has been in the darkroom business since 1996. Aside from our
print washers and Heiland densitometers and Splitgrade imports, we
have sold over 1500 Parallels, both in America and internationally.
We have a wonderful reputation, as can be seen in the Testimonials on
our website, Versalab.com. We are very proud of having developed this
reputation and obviously we want to take care of it.

Since 1998, when we introduced the Parallel, only two customers have
called to say the reflector was broken – both acknowledged that they
had dropped it. In both cases, we replaced the reflector at no
charge.

When Mr Augl emailed us about his problem, we responded as he states –
we wanted to enter into a conversation to see what had happened.
Instead of conversing, he threatened. Even after we had promptly
emailed back, the same day March 25, that we would take care of him,
he then posted on this site that we were not taking care of him.

Versalab's situation needed to be posted also. His reflector, at no
charge for the part or the overseas postage, has been sent to him. We
always take care of our customers, even if there are a few who don't
take care of us.

Thank you for listening.

Old April 2nd 04, 05:39 AM
Peter De Smidt

Laura Dearborn, Versalab wrote:

snip

When Mr Augl emailed us about his problem, we responded as he states –
we wanted to enter into a conversation to see what had happened.
Instead of conversing, he threatened. Even after we had promptly
emailed back, the same day March 25, that we would take care of him,
he then posted on this site that we were not taking care of him.

snip

You could have avoided the problem by simply stating, "we'll be happy to
replace the reflector" in the first place. Instead, you used language
that implied (from the customer's perspective) that there would be
difficulty with his getting a replacement. Whenever I've been told "this
has never happened before", I've always had troubles with the seller.
Plus, instead of simply stating that the problem was fixed, you impugn
your customer on a public forum. That's very bad form. I own two
Versalab products, the parallel and the 11x14 print washer, but I'll
hesitate buying anything else. Try dealing with Lee Valley if you want
to see how customer service should be handled.

-Peter De Smidt
Old April 2nd 04, 03:42 PM
jjs

In article , Peter De Smidt
pdesmidt*no*spam*@tds.*net* wrote:

Laura Dearborn, Versalab wrote:
[...]
You could have avoided the problem by simply stating, "we'll be happy to
replace the reflector" in the first place. Instead, you used language
that implied (from the customer's perspective) that there would be
difficulty with his getting a replacement.[...]

You don't know how the exchange went.
Old April 2nd 04, 03:46 PM
Jim Phelps

For what it's worth, I just received my Versalab Parrallel and the
reflectors were not broken.

What I also find funny is two Germans upset over customer service... In
this country, customer service is about as extinct as Saber Tooth Tigers...
I'm still waiting for the einmischhebel for my shower that I asked if it was
still available in December, February came the 'Yes' answer and then could
place the order. I still can't use my new shower... I wouldn't have asked
if they had one if I wasn't going to buy it if they did (Globus Baumarkt,
St. Wendel)!!!

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old April 2nd 04, 03:53 PM
Peter De Smidt

jjs wrote:
In article , Peter De Smidt
pdesmidt*no*spam*@tds.*net* wrote:

Laura Dearborn, Versalab wrote:
[...]
You could have avoided the problem by simply stating, "we'll be happy to
replace the reflector" in the first place. Instead, you used language
that implied (from the customer's perspective) that there would be
difficulty with his getting a replacement.[...]

You don't know how the exchange went.

Yes, I do, as both parties agreed on the content of the original exchange.

-Peter