Photo Printing Service vs Home Computer Printing?

Old July 5th 04, 04:37 AM
Dave Johnson

Default Photo Printing Service vs Home Computer Printing?

From your experience compare stability of photos printed by photo printing
services vs printing on home computer using good HP Deskjet & HP Premium
Glossy Photo paper.

Should one coat the finished print with anything if done on the home PC?

Daughter thinks I should ship the digital 800kb photos off. I can't
convince her printing on home computer is just as good .. besides if they
fade, just print them again.

Dave

Old July 5th 04, 07:08 PM
Marvin Margoshes

"Dave Johnson" wrote in message
From your experience compare stability of photos printed by photo printing
services vs printing on home computer using good HP Deskjet & HP Premium
Glossy Photo paper.

Should one coat the finished print with anything if done on the home PC?

Daughter thinks I should ship the digital 800kb photos off. I can't
convince her printing on home computer is just as good .. besides if they
fade, just print them again.

Dave

The only reason to do it your daughter's way, rather than your own, is to
keep peace in the house. Sounds like you have a hen-pecking daughter.

Accelerated testing has shown that the combination of HP inks and HP paper
gives prints that will last as long as prints made photographically. And
not all photographic prints last a long time. I just scanned a print of my
daughter's wedding 20 years ago, because it was starting to fade. I
corrected the fading digitally and made anew print, which may last even
longer than the first one.