{SI} Doors. Comments by BobF

Old June 6th 12, 03:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Default {SI} Doors. Comments by BobF

These shootin's are getting more popular!

Here are my comments, not to be taken too seriously!

---

Tim_Conway_1 : Nice old cabinet. The shadows look like there might be
speakers mounted inside! One thing - the photo looks quite blurry...

Savageduck-01 : I'm not sure which is the door here, a somewhat confusing
image... stepping back would have helped!

Savageduck-02 : Very technical, very detailed... would like to see another
angle which shows the whole door clearer!

Savageduck-03 : Not sure what this is, but very nice graphics!

Cooper courtyard : Now that's a rough door! Good textures.

Cooper Bookshop : A nice old shop I'd love to visit. This seems more of a
"doorway" shot though.

Cooper No Beer : Hey nice house mister! Good capture of the gritty side of
life!

IRT_Generator : Nice textures, sort of "was a door"! If the water pipe was
higher it would look like a door handle!

Power plant door : Again nice textures, but I would have cropped out OR
included all of the bigger door.

Ron Beijing Doors : Nice detail, nice knockers! I wonder who's been chewing
on the frame?

Ron GuangzhouDoor : Nice textures, light is a bit dull. Nice place for a
sewer pipe!

Eric Stevens 1 : Interesting lighting effects. Not a lot of door content. Are
you saying you held the camera for 1.6 seconds? Rigor mortis setting in is
it?

Eric Stevens 2 : This is a nice mystery shot! I like it! Perfectly done!

Eric Stevens 1 : Now those are big doors! So God can get in I guess? Another
long time shot, but it looks a bit fuzzy! The natural light is great! Would
like to see the entire door though.

MG knock-knock : Interesting picture of the Keeblers place! Can't tell
exactly how big that is... I'd like to have one!

richaReddoor : Very good capture of the light. A bit dark on top but all the
texture is visible - nice job!

richabluedoor : Nice details. Did you sharpen this a bit?

Mark Storkamp 1 : Nice subject but I think you're a bit too close cropped...
I would have moved out a touch and not cut the doors off, and the focus range
would be deeper. I would like to see the whole lamp - very interesting!

Mark Storkamp 2: Interesting image - a "doorway" shot. Some of the figurines
are blurred though.

Mark Storkamp 3: Nice drawbridge, looks like it was taken on a dull day. That
gives even lighting but lacks 'punch'.

bowser-01 : Very good color balance and detail there! Is that the fixed
mirror Sony? Great picture quality. I take it that it's on the 'right' side
of the tracks! Oh ya, Beacon Hill... I live near Beacon Hill... Canada that
is!

bowser-02 : Wonderful textures! And a free window thrown in! Wonder how the
paint got worn off? Impatient truckers?

bowser-03 : A simple door - needs Verithane... great colors in the flag!! I
can feel the silkiness!

Martha_Coe 1 : Interesting doors but they appear a bit washed out. Sometimes
it's very hard to get white on white texture. The glass reflection is nice,
also the brass kick plates.

Martha_Coe 2 : Nice stone texture here. And the door color? Wow!

Bob Coe 1 : I have those doors in my house! Picture seems a bit dark, and
this monitor is usually too light. Will have to see this pic somewhere
else...

Bob_Coe 2 : Nice outer door, but I'd like to see the inner door better. Can't
quite make out the nice detail.

Bob_Coe 3 : This looks a bit too cluttered to me...

peter_newman_essential door : Very nice capture of the light, possibly a bit
grainy. Essential... Beer fridge?

peter_newman_garden door : More of the garden than the door...

peter_newman_rose door : Kind of busy shot... lots cut off... would like to
see the whole archway, or just the door itself.

BobFlint_camera_cabinet : Of all the photos I took of doors, this was the
only one I liked! I used expensive glass to get straight lines, the Nikkor
16-35 F4 G VR.

Dan_Petre_1 : Nice shot of brass on oak. Perhaps a bit dark.

Dan_Petre_2 : The old and the new! That ADT sign looks out of place but the
walls and door have great textures. I think the picture looks a bit big for
800 pixels...!?

Dan_Petre_3 : Nice textures captured here... I can feel the cold zinc on the
door!

Alan_Browne_1 : Leave it to Alan! This picture is hard to look at with the
middle focus plane. The blur on the lower left is distracting! Too bad we
can't see a little head popping out! (PS the photo is too large for the
committee!)

BobFlint_open- : I was only planning to submit one photo so the names and
placement are a bit off... This is the inside of my camera cabinet as per a
request from the curious! It's a bit washed out... I used the
shadows/highlights adjustment to bring out texture in the black bags, but
forgot to go back and set the blacks with levels or curves... That's what
happens when you rush! (Maybe I should have opened a drawer as well...)

pablo_1 : Not the whole door but a nice old latch and chain. Looks a
bit dark and fuzzy on my monitor, must be very dark on yours! Would have
liked to NOT see the bottom of the lock and handle cropped off.

pablo_2 : Sort of a mystery shot... interesting knobby bits...

pablo_3 : I'd like this better if more of the door was visible in the
framing by the sumacs.

----

All in all pretty good, and not one picture of Jim Morrison!

Old June 6th 12, 04:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Eric Stevens

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 22:37:21 -0400, wrote:

[...]

Yep. 1.6 seconds it was, and me with my shaky hands.

Eric Stevens 2 : This is a nice mystery shot! I like it! Perfectly done!

Eric Stevens 1 : Now those are big doors! So God can get in I guess? Another
long time shot, but it looks a bit fuzzy!

That's only 1 second this time.

The natural light is great! Would like to see the entire door though.

So would I, but I would have needed something like a Linhoff to cope
with the perspective problems.

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old June 6th 12, 05:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-06-05 19:37:21 -0700, said:

These shootin's are getting more popular!

Here are my comments, not to be taken too seriously!

Thanks for contributing to both images & comments!

---

Savageduck-01 : I'm not sure which is the door here, a somewhat confusing
image... stepping back would have helped!

Is this what you had in mind?
http://db.tt/JTdHNFxW

Savageduck-02 : Very technical, very detailed... would like to see another
angle which shows the whole door clearer!

Well I wasn't able to get a different angle with that particular P-51D,
but since I have a fondness for Warbird of WWII vintage I have this
shot of a different one from the Sacramento Capitol Airshow in 2010. As
you can clearly see I might have been able to claim four undercarriage
doors. The two which open towards the center, and one each on the
landing gear.
http://db.tt/Mccq0Lrq

Savageduck-03 : Not sure what this is, but very nice graphics!

As I explained in another comments thread, it is an access door in a
galvanized metal feed silo. I also mentioned that some of that texture
was due to somebody using a shotgun and some other fire near by, and
that poor defenseless door was unable to get out of the line of fire.
http://db.tt/PuopcKJA

----

All in all pretty good, and not one picture of Jim Morrison!

He! He! ;-)

Savageduck

Old June 7th 12, 12:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

On 2012-06-06 19:35 , wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 17:00:11 -0400, Alan Browne

On 2012-06-05 22:37 ,
wrote:

Alan_Browne_1 : Leave it to Alan! This picture is hard to look at with the
middle focus plane. The blur on the lower left is distracting! Too bad we
can't see a little head popping out! (PS the photo is too large for the
committee!)

Didn't have time for this SI. Got this while waiting for an owl to show
up. (Don't ask).

It's too bad, I bet you see lots of doors in your travels.

No camera with me though (real camera anyway). On vacation I carry the
cameras.

I've replaced the image. Sometimes PS tells me it will save at a given
size but the store size is larger.

PS: Please use the square brackets around SI in your subject line such
that those who don't wish to be offended by people actually taking
photographs can remain oblivious by filtering on [SI].

I thought I had used the square brackets... I see they ain't square...

I guess I held the shift key for the whole {SI} line... instead of [SI] ...

Got it!

No sweat.

But we wouldn't want to offend those who take advantage of the SI's
generous and continuous policy of providing simple, effective and
dependable means to filter us out. We don't want to offend those who
talk about cameras but never actually deign to shoot a photo.

--
"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
-Samuel Clemens.