Best way to Integrate RSE w/ PSE3?

Old June 22nd 06, 01:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Best way to Integrate RSE w/ PSE3?

AlanW wrote:
I currently use PSE3 to organize all of my photos and also, to do some
post processing editing. I find the Pse3 RAW plug-in to be ok but RSE
is better. I like many of the features and controls of RSE for making
the initial adjustments on the RAW File. I need some help with the
initial workflow:

1. My downloaded images now open in Organizer and are in the Nikon
".nef" format. How can I initially get the downloaded photos to open
in RSE?

2. The reason I want to open the images first in RSE is to then only
import the ".tiff" files to the organizor. I notice that both the
".nef" files and the ".tiff" files are saved on the hard drive and
they are large files. is this normal? Should I keep them both?

I would welcome any other suggestions for a workflow that would allow
me to utilize the best features of both programs.

Thanks,
Alan

RAW files are like gold when you discover (down the road) that your color
correction skills, etc. have improved over time. I've revisited years-old
RAW files that I now recognize my folly in, and have oftenmanage to come up
with FAR better images simply by utilizing better basic technique than I was
prepared for when it was new to me. I'm not talkng about inventing an image
that didn't exist, either. I'm simply talking about skill development and
an eye for proper correction. It really does improve with experience, but
once you've thrown away the RAW file, you're much more limited in what you
can resurrect.

The RAW file is like a negative. I try to always keep them unless the shot
is a definite throw-away.

-MarkČ
www.pbase.com/markuson