B&H

Old June 21st 09, 02:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike S.

Default B&H

Watch word wap on the URL.

http://www.inc.com/magazine/20090501...rtner=fogcreek
Old June 21st 09, 04:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Ruether[_3_]

"Mike S." wrote in message ...

Watch word wap on the URL.

http://www.inc.com/magazine/20090501...rtner=fogcreek

I've been a very satisfied B&H customer for decades.
Great store, and I also never bother to look elsewhere,
especially since B&H has such a great replace/refund
"satisfaction guarantee", which I have used, in addition
to good "real" prices with small or no shipping charges
(unlike the inflated charges and "restocking fees" of many
other dealers). B&H is a "class act". There is only one
other shop in the same class that I know of - Stellar
Stereo, a local TV/audio shop that has also been around
for many decades, and which considers customer
satisfaction above all else. Seems like a good formula for
success...;-)
--DR

Old June 21st 09, 04:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
insert_name

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 11:12:02 -0400, "David Ruether"
wrote:

"Mike S." wrote in message ...

Watch word wap on the URL.

http://www.inc.com/magazine/20090501...rtner=fogcreek

I've been a very satisfied B&H customer for decades.
Great store, and I also never bother to look elsewhere,
especially since B&H has such a great replace/refund
"satisfaction guarantee", which I have used, in addition
to good "real" prices with small or no shipping charges
(unlike the inflated charges and "restocking fees" of many
other dealers). B&H is a "class act".

A "class act" ran by owners who had to be sued in millions to force them
treat their employees properly. Yeah, that's real "class" alright. They
might now outwardly act differently but I'll bet you anything that they
don't inwardly believe nor think one bit differently. The lawsuit only
forced them to be not so up-front about their blatant bigotry. They'll just
find newer and more subtle ways to accomplish the same things they've
openly done in the past. People like that never do change their values. You
can take that hard fact all the way to the bank.

B&H who? Sorry, I had to switch all my purchases to more reputable dealers.
B&H doesn't exist anymore after they were forced to show their true faces
and colors.

Old June 21st 09, 04:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Mike S. wrote:
Watch word wap on the URL.

It can help to put brackets around it like so:

http://www.inc.com/magazine/20090501/why-circuit-city-failed-and-why-bh-thrives.html?partner=fogcreek

Here's the lead in:

Why Circuit City Failed, and Why B&H Thrives
Many companies that have gone bust didn't die because of the recession.
They failed for one reason: They treated customers poorly

--
john mcwilliams
Old June 21st 09, 08:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 10:36:18 -0500, insert_name wrote:

A "class act" ran by owners who had to be sued in millions to force them
treat their employees properly. Yeah, that's real "class" alright.

B&H has a lot more class than our resident anti-DSLR sock puppet
troll. Oh, that's you. Anxiously awaiting your next inserted name.

Old June 21st 09, 08:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
insert_name

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 11:41:16 -0700, Bob Roberts
wrote:

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 10:36:18 -0500, insert_name wrote:
B&H who? Sorry, I had to switch all my purchases to more reputable dealers.
B&H doesn't exist anymore after they were forced to show their true faces
and colors.

Do you have a cite for these claoms?

Not for any claoms, but if you meant claims, anyone can do this:

http://www.google.com/search?q=b%26h...nation+lawsuit

Perhaps you take things too literally. B&H doesn't exist anymore for those
who only want to support companies that are owned and operated by reputable
and respectable humans. Let other companies now learn from B&H's mistakes,
lest they too commit the very same criminal acts against humanity. B&H
isn't needed anymore. They now only serve as a good example of how nobody
else should ever run their businesses. A lesson to others, that is all they
are good for.

Nobody did this to B&H but themselves. Bye bye B&H! You won't be missed.
Even better prices can be had from other companies for identical products.
You don't find that out until you stop blindly shopping at B&H. In a way
I'm glad this all came out otherwise I wouldn't have gone looking for and
found several other suppliers that are much better than B&H ever was.

Old June 21st 09, 08:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 10:36:18 -0500, insert_name wrote:
: On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 11:12:02 -0400, "David Ruether"
: wrote:
:
:
: "Mike S." wrote in message ...
:
: Watch word wap on the URL.
:
[...]

The foregoing is brought to you by someone too gutless to use his name.

Bob
Old June 21st 09, 09:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 15:41:42 -0400, Shawn Hirn

Bob Roberts wrote:

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 10:36:18 -0500, insert_name wrote:
B&H who? Sorry, I had to switch all my purchases to more reputable dealers.
B&H doesn't exist anymore after they were forced to show their true faces
and colors.

Do you have a cite for these claoms?

Cite? This guy's too much of a coward to post under his real name, so I
suggest you not hold your breath waiting for him to back up his claim.

You can exhale. He provided the cite that explains his position.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old June 21st 09, 10:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
insert_name

wrote:

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 10:36:18 -0500, insert_name wrote:
B&H who? Sorry, I had to switch all my purchases to more reputable dealers.
B&H doesn't exist anymore after they were forced to show their true faces
and colors.

Do you have a cite for these claoms?

Not for any claoms, but if you meant claims, anyone can do this:

http://www.google.com/search?q=b%26h...nation+lawsuit

Interesting but only a little. This sure as hell doesn't effect how I
think about B&H. They're still the best.

This suit was brought by the same EEOC that started legal proceeding

Only started? Never finished? That's not very good justification for your
own support of bigotry. You'll have to do better than that. Only
justifiable claims are fully pursued, or are you that daft to not know
this.

against Hooters for not hiring fat hairy men to work as servers. They
like to invent reasons for their (EEOC) existence.

How nice of you to justify supporting proven modern-day bigots with any
excuse that you can drag up. That makes you equally bigoted. Couldn't you
find some typos in the lawsuit court records and use that as an excuse too?
This speaks tomes about your own character, none of which is worth knowing
more than you've already just shown to the world.

Let me guess. You're a paid, bent-over, shill for B&H. How much do they pay
you to do their much needed PR damage control? The more that you say in
support of them the worse they'll look. I didn't think that B&H looking
worse would ever be possible, but here you are, one bigot supporting
another. Financially yet, too. Doesn't get sadder than that. Half a century
ago I bet you would have been wiring monetary donations to the Nazi
movement while claiming, "They're still the best." Just because B&H doesn't
have gas-chambers at the ready doesn't make their discriminatory values and
resulting behaviors any less reprehensible. The owners of B&H will do it
again, they'll just find a way that's far less obvious next time.