Peleng 8mm Fish-eye and various bodies

Old July 22nd 05, 02:37 AM
Gardner

Default Peleng 8mm Fish-eye and various bodies

Hi All,

I have just ordered a Peleng 8/3.5 Fish-Eye from the nice
man at East Wave products. According to Dmitry, there is
not a problem with mirror/lens interaction on a Nikon D70.
Does anyone have direct experience with this? I've seen
web sites that go both ways. In all, I expect to use the
lens on one or more of the following bodies:

Nikon D70
Nikon F90X
Pentax MZM
Pentax P30T
Pentax H2 (M42)

Any ideas which, if any of these, would have problems
with the mirror hitting the back of the lens?

Gardner Buchanan
Ottawa, ON FreeBSD: Where you want to go. Today.
Old July 22nd 05, 03:50 AM
Stacey

Gardner wrote:

Hi All,

I have just ordered a Peleng 8/3.5 Fish-Eye from the nice
man at East Wave products. According to Dmitry, there is
not a problem with mirror/lens interaction on a Nikon D70.

Works fine on my E-300 after reading people saying it will hit the mirror. I
have to think the people who say this, have never used one of these and are
thinking about that OLD 8mm nikon fisheye that required MLU.
--

Stacey
Old July 22nd 05, 08:47 AM
Jeff R

"Gardner" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have just ordered a Peleng 8/3.5 Fish-Eye from the nice
man at East Wave products. According to Dmitry, there is
not a problem with mirror/lens interaction on a Nikon D70.
Does anyone have direct experience with this? I've seen
web sites that go both ways. In all, I expect to use the
lens on one or more of the following bodies:

Nikon D70
Nikon F90X
Pentax MZM
Pentax P30T
Pentax H2 (M42)

Any ideas which, if any of these, would have problems
with the mirror hitting the back of the lens?

FWIW, I use that lens with:

Pentax 1st*DS and
Pentax MZ-50

both of which fit and interact perfectly.

Just make sure your feet are out of the shot!

--
Jeff R.

Old September 22nd 05, 10:24 AM
Klaus Kettner

Am Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:37:18 -0500 schrieb Gardner:

I have just ordered a Peleng 8/3.5 Fish-Eye from the nice
man at East Wave products.

Works fine on Nikon D70 & Canon 20D. You can see some pictures with my
Peleng on a 20D on http://www.kkfoto.de/ ...

--
-kk-

http://www.die-kettners.de | IRC: sesom@ircnet | N 49°24'00.8"
http://www.kkfoto.de | ICQ: #135673565 | E 11°07'50.4"
Old September 23rd 05, 05:31 AM
Stacey

Klaus Kettner wrote:

Am Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:37:18 -0500 schrieb Gardner:

I have just ordered a Peleng 8/3.5 Fish-Eye from the nice
man at East Wave products.

Works fine on Nikon D70 & Canon 20D. You can see some pictures with my
Peleng on a 20D on http://www.kkfoto.de/ ...

Works great on an E300, becomes a full frame fisheye..

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/937049/lunch.jpg
--

Stacey