Nikon is backwards

Old February 18th 19, 03:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

Default Nikon is backwards

On 2019-02-18 05:08, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 16 February 2019 20:19:37 UTC, Alan Browne wrote:

Nope. Quickly. And to test it further, jerked it with my hand.

Commander Kinsey spends most of his waking hours doing that back and forth.

Failing at it too, I 'spect.

--
"2/3 of Donald Trump's wives were immigrants. Proof that we
need immigrants to do jobs that most Americans wouldn't do."
Old February 19th 19, 09:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 02:02:36 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Saturday, 16 February 2019 00:00:21 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 13:26:52 -0000, Whisky-dave wrote:

Why would I want the heating on at home when I'm out most of the day ?
I see you don't know what energy conservation is.

So you don't heat the home when you're at home?

Yes when at home.

I assume you come home at some point.

Yes and like most do have a switch that turns on to heat the home, switches are things thatr can be off or on and for teh most part I prefer my heating off from about 8am to around 4pm during the week because I am not there.

I suppose you leave your car heater and the engine on when you're not using your car.

I don't turn the heating off when I leave home. I merely turn down the
thermostat. I find I don't save money by turning the heating rigt off
and letting the house cool down. If I do that I've got 30 tons of
house and contents to warm back up again at a time when outside
temperatures are falling.

Eric Stevens
Old February 20th 19, 01:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

wrote:

[...]

Anybody with proper insulation finds their house won't cool much in the 8 hours they're at work. Might as well just leave the stat set to whatever temperature you want all the time. Do you really think you save much if you let your house be 14C above outside temperature instead of 16C? That's 2/16 you saved, for a third of the day, so **** all.
Old February 20th 19, 01:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Commander Kinsey
wrote:

[...]

that depends on the outside temperature.

Might as well just leave the stat set to whatever
temperature you want all the time. Do you really think you save much if you
let your house be 14C above outside temperature instead of 16C?
That's 2/16 you saved, for a third of the day, so **** all.

it adds up, especially when there's more than a 14c deg differential.
Old February 20th 19, 02:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

wrote:

[...]

I actually drop the set temperature from 20C to 17C with the outside
temperature generally being anywhere between 15C and 5C. It might not
save much but it does save. It only takes about 20 minutes to bring
the bulk of the house back up to temperature.

Eric Stevens
Old February 20th 19, 02:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

[...]

5c is not that cold.
Old February 20th 19, 09:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 21:56:40 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

[...]

Don't forget I live in Auckland alongside the harbour. Air temperature
rarely gets below 0C.

Eric Stevens
Old February 20th 19, 02:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

https://www.penfaulkner.org/wp-conte...lar-Vortex1.jp
Old February 20th 19, 10:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 09:17:10 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I actually drop the set temperature from 20C to 17C with the outside
temperature generally being anywhere between 15C and 5C. It might not
save much but it does save. It only takes about 20 minutes to bring
the bulk of the house back up to temperature.

5c is not that cold.

Don't forget I live in Auckland alongside the harbour. Air temperature
rarely gets below 0C.

https://www.penfaulkner.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Polar-Vortex1.jpg

I know. I knew it was coming before it arrived.

Eric Stevens
Old February 20th 19, 10:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

wrote:

On Saturday, 16 February 2019 00:00:21 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 13:26:52 -0000, Whisky-dave wrote:

Why would I want the heating on at home when I'm out most of the day ?
I see you don't know what energy conservation is.

So you don't heat the home when you're at home?

Yes when at home.

I assume you come home at some point.

Yes and like most do have a switch that turns on to heat the home, switches are things thatr can be off or on and for teh most part I prefer my heating off from about 8am to around 4pm during the week because I am not there.

I suppose you leave your car heater and the engine on when you're not using your car.

I don't turn the heating off when I leave home. I merely turn down the
thermostat.

So why do you do that ?

See below.

I find I don't save money by turning the heating rigt off
and letting the house cool down.

really most people do and it helps with teh global warming thing.

Here in the UK we are encouraged to turn down our heating by just 1C to both save money and the enviroment, but then I guess if you're a Trump supporter then you don't believe in such things.

If I do that I've got 30 tons of
house and contents to warm back up again at a time when outside
temperatures are falling.

So you think keeping a house warm when yuo're not there is more efficient ?

Yes.

My house is hated with a heat pump. If I leave it during the ay and
turn it on in the evening I am giving it a major load when the outside
temperatures are approaching coolest. That means the heat pump runs at
a lower efficiency which means more power has to be used. That costs
me more. And then there is problem of the icing of the outside coil.
Deicing heaters come into use and that costs more money also.

Eric Stevens