How to take photos of Taliban???

Old January 30th 08, 07:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.cooking.chefs
Gene Stonerly

Default How to take photos of Taliban???

I'm going to travel to Afghanistan next month and I'd
like to take some photos of Taliban.

However, I've heard that Taliban don't like to be photographed,
they'll most likely capture or even kill me.

So, how can I take photos of Taliban without being taken
hostage or being killed???

Old January 30th 08, 07:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.cooking.chefs
Charles

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 23:04:05 -0800 (PST), Gene Stonerly
wrote:

I'm going to travel to Afghanistan next month and I'd
like to take some photos of Taliban.

However, I've heard that Taliban don't like to be photographed,
they'll most likely capture or even kill me.

So, how can I take photos of Taliban without being taken
hostage or being killed???

Pay them. One Hundred New Sheqalim should be about right.
Old January 30th 08, 04:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.cooking.chefs
Dave Cohen

Gene Stonerly wrote:
I'm going to travel to Afghanistan next month and I'd
like to take some photos of Taliban.

However, I've heard that Taliban don't like to be photographed,
they'll most likely capture or even kill me.

So, how can I take photos of Taliban without being taken
hostage or being killed???

Use a super zoom model with a quiet shutter.
Dave Cohen
Old February 2nd 08, 03:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Marco Tedaldi

Gene Stonerly wrote:
I'm going to travel to Afghanistan next month and I'd
like to take some photos of Taliban.

However, I've heard that Taliban don't like to be photographed,
they'll most likely capture or even kill me.

So, how can I take photos of Taliban without being taken
hostage or being killed???

I can't tell about Afghanistan, but I was in Pakistan (Northern part).
My observation is, that if I first asked the people where all happy to
pose. Just get in contact with the people first. Show them your interest
in them and go and drink a chai.
The people there are very friendly and will invite you to their house.

Best thin to do is to meet people who live there for years and let them
teach you about the culture. Takin photographs is also about culture!

And don't believe CNN! "Afghanistan = Taliban" is as wrong as "Taliban =
Terrorist" and many other things. Go and learn to love the people there!
And don't try to pretend that you believe the same as they believe. Be
honest and they will be interested in you.

I wish you the best for your journey.

Marco

--
Dimage A2, Agfa isolette