Adobe Reader 7,8

Old March 20th 14, 05:29 PM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Dale[_4_]

Default Adobe Reader 7,8

anyone know where I can get a copy of Adobe Reader 7 or 8 for Linux
from a reliable place that does not have backdoors or viruses, etc. ?

Adobe's site only has 9.5(5?) for Linux

It was called Adobe Acrobat Reader then

do you know if Acrobat will open a secure PDF file?

I bought the CIECAM02 document from CIE, they have a FileOpen
application but I need Reader 7,8 for the plugin
http://www.techstreet.com/cie/products/1210075
http://www.cie.co.at/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIECAM02

their customer service will not open it for me, and have stopped
replying to me, I will try to continue with them but just thought I
would ask

--
Dale
Old March 21st 14, 04:52 PM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Martin Leese

Dale wrote:
anyone know where I can get a copy of Adobe Reader 7 or 8 for Linux
from a reliable place that does not have backdoors or viruses, etc. ?

Adobe's site only has 9.5(5?) for Linux

It was called Adobe Acrobat Reader then

do you know if Acrobat will open a secure PDF file?

I bought the CIECAM02 document from CIE, they have a FileOpen
application but I need Reader 7,8 for the plugin
http://www.techstreet.com/cie/products/1210075
http://www.cie.co.at/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIECAM02

their customer service will not open it for me, and have stopped
replying to me, I will try to continue with them but just thought I
would ask

What makes you think you need an older
version of Adobe Reader? Newer versions
read older formats, so the newer version
should work. Perhaps your problem is
different from what you think.

Also, the website you gave suggests that the
PDF file can be downloaded. If true, you do
not need a plug-in; that is just making
things unnecessarily difficult.

Yes, Abobe Acrobat will read a secure PDF.
However, depending on what was made secure
(reading, or only copying) you may need a
password. However, as you paid money for
this PDF, if you need a password to read it
then it will be supplied.

Finally, I still run Adobe Reader 5.0 on one
system, but it is Windows. I could print
the PDF for you and mail you the 22 pages.
Alternatively, you could use one of the many
free on-line conversion services. Some
online services will even remove the
security that prevents copying (eg,
http://freemypdf.com/).

Martin Leese
E-mail: LID
Web:
http://members.tripod.com/martin_leese/
Old March 21st 14, 04:59 PM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Martin Leese

Dale wrote:
anyone know where I can get a copy of Adobe Reader 7 or 8 for Linux
from a reliable place that does not have backdoors or viruses, etc. ?

I forgot to mention that you are not
restricted to Adobe Reader to read a PDF.
Open source software can also do this, see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ware#Viewers_3

Old March 25th 14, 02:17 AM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Dale[_4_]

On 03/21/2014 12:52 PM, Martin Leese wrote:
Dale wrote:
[...]

Thanks Martin, I have tried the Reader for Linux available on Adobe's
website, version 9.5.5, it doesn't unlock the file, it says it needs a
plugin, I have the plugin from the CIE site, but it needs Reader version
7,8, I don't know a reliable place for this

I tried the freemypdf website you suggested but it says I need a plugin

my sister has Windows so I am going to try that route, but I might take
you up on your offer to open it, Thanks a lot

--
Dale

Old March 29th 14, 11:34 AM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Jeroen[_2_]

Hi,

I was going to offer an older version from my own private
collection, but you should really use Google better...

http://www.oldapps.com/adobe_reader.php

Old March 30th 14, 07:09 AM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Dale[_4_]

On 03/29/2014 07:34 AM, Jeroen wrote:
Hi,

I was going to offer an older version from my own private
collection, but you should really use Google better...

http://www.oldapps.com/adobe_reader.php

Thanks much, but I can't find the Linux versions, any ideas?

I need version 7 or 8

--
Dale
Old March 30th 14, 11:33 AM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Jeroen[_2_]

On 2014-03-30 08:09, Dale wrote:
Thanks much, but I can't find the Linux versions, any ideas?
I need version 7 or 8

Same Google...
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=older+version+o...ader+for+linux

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=278681 (scroll down)
http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adob...1.4-1.i486.rpm

There will be security issues when you use old software.

Best,
-- J
Old March 31st 14, 10:01 AM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Dale[_4_]

On 2014-03-30 08:09, Dale wrote:
Thanks much, but I can't find the Linux versions, any ideas?
I need version 7 or 8

Same Google...
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=older+version+o...ader+for+linux

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=278681 (scroll down)
http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adob...1.4-1.i486.rpm

There will be security issues when you use old software.

Best,
-- J

Thanks much again, I had to google a bit, the 486 rpm version wouldn't
install on my 64bit system even though I have the 32 bit stuff
installed, I found a 386 version deb file and got my document open

Thanks, this ought to keep me busy for awhile

--
Dale