Nero Blues?

Old May 30th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Nero Blues?

Previously, I was able to burn dvds with Nero Express and have those dvds be
readable from any other dvd reader. But when I burned some files (jpg, mov,
avi, and wav) files to a dvd this weekend, I see that the dvds are not
readable on all dvd readers.

Can someone enlighten me as to what might be the issue here?

Old May 30th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Tue, 30 May 2006 07:10:25 -0700, "David"
wrote:

Previously, I was able to burn dvds with Nero Express and have those dvds be
readable from any other dvd reader. But when I burned some files (jpg, mov,
avi, and wav) files to a dvd this weekend, I see that the dvds are not
readable on all dvd readers.

Can someone enlighten me as to what might be the issue here?

By "readers", do you mean set-top players?
If so, this is normal; most players won't recognize just the files.
The DVD needs to be burned as a video DVD, which evidently you've been
doing in the past.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old May 30th 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Alas, it is a sad fact that many data DVD burns are incorrect and readable
only by the burner that created the disc.

Old May 30th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

David wrote:
Previously, I was able to burn dvds with Nero Express and have those dvds be
readable from any other dvd reader. But when I burned some files (jpg, mov,
avi, and wav) files to a dvd this weekend, I see that the dvds are not
readable on all dvd readers.

Can someone enlighten me as to what might be the issue here?

DVDs come in +R and -R formats. Not all drives can read
both formats.
Old May 31st 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

David wrote:
Previously, I was able to burn dvds with Nero Express and have those dvds be
readable from any other dvd reader. But when I burned some files (jpg, mov,
avi, and wav) files to a dvd this weekend, I see that the dvds are not
readable on all dvd readers.

Can someone enlighten me as to what might be the issue here?

A lot of other half-baked answers... let's put them all together.

What are you trying to read the disc on? Home-theater DVD player?
Another PC?

What type of discs are you using? DVD-R, +R, -RW, +RW? Does the
playback machine support that disc type?

---
THIS TAG ADDED FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF
****ING OFF THE SELF-APPOINTED
USENET POLICE. EAT MY SHORTS, PIGS!

Virus Database (VPS): 0622-1, 05/29/2006
Tested on: 5/30/2006 6:39:46 PM

Old May 31st 06, 06:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Matt Ion" wrote in message
David wrote:
Previously, I was able to burn dvds with Nero Express and have those dvds
be readable from any other dvd reader. But when I burned some files
(jpg, mov, avi, and wav) files to a dvd this weekend, I see that the dvds
are not readable on all dvd readers.

Can someone enlighten me as to what might be the issue here?

A lot of other half-baked answers... let's put them all together.

What are you trying to read the disc on? Home-theater DVD player? Another
PC?

What type of discs are you using? DVD-R, +R, -RW, +RW? Does the playback
machine support that disc type?

OK, thanks for giving me the opportunity to clarify my situation.

My PC has a Toshiba double layer dvd burner. It also has a dvd reader. I
use Nero, and I have DVD +R disks. Using this configuration, I burned some
dvds a few months ago and the disks I burned are readable in all (PC) drives
that I have used.

I burn my dvds (as well as my CDs) with Nero's Data Disk "wizard". CDs that
I burn are readable on all PC drives.

I tried burning some dvds over the weekend and I see that I am unable to
read the finshed dvds on my reader dvd drive. I am able to read them on
drive that burned them. I brought the dvd to my office, where I have four
computers, and 3 of the 4 machines are unable to read the dvds I burned over
the weekend.

I guess I should try uninstalling and re-installing NEro. But if any of
this sounds familiar, and you know what I am doing wrong, I will try all
suggestions.
Thanks.
David

Old May 31st 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"David" wrote in message
news
Previously, I was able to burn dvds with Nero Express and have those dvds
be readable from any other dvd reader. But when I burned some files (jpg,
mov, avi, and wav) files to a dvd this weekend, I see that the dvds are
not readable on all dvd readers.

Can someone enlighten me as to what might be the issue here?

For some players to read from a disk burned in another, you may have to
close the session. Closing the session prevents you from writing to that
disk anymore but makes it compatible.
-S

Old June 1st 06, 08:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Well, everything works again. I uninstalled Nero and reinstalled it. The
dvds that I burn now are readable on both my dvd burner and my dvd reader
drive. The dvds that I burned prior to the uninstall/reinstal are still not
readable on my dvd reader drive. Beats the heck out of me what happened
here. I spent a lot of time working this out.

David wrote:
[...]

Nero alarming behaviour [email protected] Digital Photography 5 May 2nd 06 04:06 AM
Nero B.W. Digital Photography 2 March 2nd 06 01:48 PM
Nero and photos on CD / DVD [email protected] Digital Photography 2 January 16th 06 05:11 PM
Nero Vision Express - Burning a photo slideshow Steve Digital Photography 0 October 27th 05 06:41 PM
NERO Photo Snap Viewer Problems Ritter197 Digital Photography 0 February 10th 05 11:11 PM