Planning on buying Vista?

Old October 29th 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Default Planning on buying Vista?

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
Stewy wrote:

I have an american, pre-Intel G4 iMac. Switching between Japanese and
English menus is so simple and of course you can input Japanese (and
Chinese for that matter) and get it to print. My poor 2.8ghz WinXP PC
refuses to even consider non English characters.

My XP box does both Hebrew and English. What's so hard about
downloading and installing the language plug-in? Seems Mac users are
getting lazier every day.

Read "smarter" and avoiding stupid little tasks, and you'll be closer to
the truth, as if that mattered to you.

--
lsmft

"Um, his vocabulary, like, uh, really, ah....... sucked."
Old October 29th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote:
John McWilliams wrote:

My XP box does both Hebrew and English. What's so hard about
downloading and installing the language plug-in? Seems Mac users are
getting lazier every day.

Read "smarter" and avoiding stupid little tasks, and you'll be closer
to the truth, as if that mattered to you.

Hardly! Why would I want all that BLOAT from language packs that I'll never
use?

"Bloat"? Disk space is cheap. The space needed is trivial.

I don't speak Japanese of Mandarin

And you'll never get a document that ever has any Japanese or Mandarin
characters in it?

I don't speak Japanese of Mandarin so you have to commend Microsoft
for keeping the OS streamlined and efficient.

ROFL! Why do you use Windows? Why don't you use the far more
efficient C shell with a command-line interface?

--
Ray Fischer

Old October 29th 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Randall Ainsworth

In article , Rita Ä Berkowitz
@aol.com wrote:

Hardly! Why would I want all that BLOAT from language packs that I'll never
use? I don't speak Japanese of Mandarin so you have to commend Microsoft
for keeping the OS streamlined and efficient. I only use Hebrew and
English, screw the Chinese!

Is that something new? A Microsoft operating system that's streamlined
and efficient?
Old October 30th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Stewy

In article ,

Stewy wrote:

I have an american, pre-Intel G4 iMac. Switching between Japanese and
English menus is so simple and of course you can input Japanese (and
Chinese for that matter) and get it to print. My poor 2.8ghz WinXP PC
refuses to even consider non English characters.

My XP box does both Hebrew and English. What's so hard about downloading
and installing the language plug-in? Seems Mac users are getting lazier
every day.

Is it just menus or word processing too? I'd have thought the right to
left printing would have defeated most printers.

Why go to the bother of downloading the stuff when it should be right
there on the disc?

MS won't give you something for nothing.
Old October 30th 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:58:48 +0900, Stewy

Stewy wrote:

I have an american, pre-Intel G4 iMac. Switching between Japanese and
English menus is so simple and of course you can input Japanese (and
Chinese for that matter) and get it to print. My poor 2.8ghz WinXP PC
refuses to even consider non English characters.

My XP box does both Hebrew and English. What's so hard about downloading
and installing the language plug-in? Seems Mac users are getting lazier
every day.

Is it just menus or word processing too? I'd have thought the right to
left printing would have defeated most printers.

Are you serious?
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old October 30th 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 11:10:49 -0700, Bill Funk wrote:

Rita rhapsodized:
My XP box does both Hebrew and English. What's so hard about
downloading and installing the language plug-in? Seems Mac users
are getting lazier every day.

Stewy mused:
Is it just menus or word processing too? I'd have thought
the right to left printing would have defeated most printers.

Are you serious?

He meant to say that right to left printing would have defeated
most readers. If you *really* want to confuse those readers, give
them something printed with a bidirectional printer.

BTW & FWIW, early MSDOS PCs were able to both display and print
languages such as Hebrew from right to left using the Nota Bene
editor / wordprocessor. I'm not sure if Xywrite (which Nota Bene
used for its editing engine) had that ability.