Which Version of Photoshop?

Old February 20th 14, 10:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

Default Which Version of Photoshop?

On 19/02/2014 21:21, John Turco wrote:
[]
I just turned on the notebook, and saw that you're exactly
right. Thanks, a million.

Plus, I also found this path:

C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Thunderbird\Mozilla Thunderbird

(Note: "Mozilla Thunderbird" is empty.)

By the way, I hadn't used the E725-4520 in many months. It
automatically downloaded and installed 85 Windows 7 updates.
Then, a little while later, it downloaded/installed another
63!

John

You're welcome, John. By the way, I have my Windows Updates set to
"Download but let me choose when to install" (or words to that effect!).
Glad to know you are now up-to-date.
--
Cheers,
David
Old February 21st 14, 01:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

On 2/19/2014 9:55 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , John Turco
wrote:

Plus, Explorer allows me to see, and back up, certain folders. That
way, for instance, I can later restore "Thunderbird" to its current
state, containing all of my e-mail and Usenet messages.

which you can easily without direct access to the file system, although
not necessarily with thunderbird.

Hence, I need Explorer, for accessibility to Thunderbird's data folder.

further evidence that thunderbird is very primitive and stuck in the
past. it even makes elm look good.

I agree, Thunderbird leaves much to be desired. Yet, it's the only
such program I'm aware of, that I know how to back up; all the others
I've seen, are "dynamic" (and/or, perhaps, they rely on "metadata").

what are you talking about?

the email app does not need to have its own separate backup feature.

just back up your hard drive as you normally do and your email will be
included. you are making backups, aren't you?

or just leave the email on the server and let someone else worry about
it. better yet, do both.

Weekly, I back up my "C:" hard disk to an external one (1TB), and I do
so manually (in Windows "Explorer"). Thus, I can restore Thunderbird to
its current state, with its e-mail and Usenet folders perfectly intact.

It's a rather crude method, but...it works!

John
Old February 21st 14, 01:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

On 2/20/2014 4:19 AM, David Taylor wrote:
On 19/02/2014 21:21, John Turco wrote:
[]
I just turned on the notebook, and saw that you're exactly
right. Thanks, a million.

Plus, I also found this path:

C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Thunderbird\Mozilla Thunderbird

(Note: "Mozilla Thunderbird" is empty.)

By the way, I hadn't used the E725-4520 in many months. It
automatically downloaded and installed 85 Windows 7 updates.
Then, a little while later, it downloaded/installed another
63!

John

You're welcome, John. By the way, I have my Windows Updates set to
"Download but let me choose when to install" (or words to that effect!).

That's the way I do it, too.

Glad to know you are now up-to-date.

Thank you, once again, David!

John
Old February 21st 14, 01:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2014.02.20, 20:12 , John Turco wrote:

Weekly, I back up my "C:" hard disk to an external one (1TB), and I do
so manually (in Windows "Explorer"). Thus, I can restore Thunderbird to
its current state, with its e-mail and Usenet folders perfectly intact.

It's a rather crude method, but...it works!

Simplicity has its virtues.

--
... it may be that "in the cloud" really isn't the best term
for the services these companies offer. What they really
Old February 21st 14, 04:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , John Turco
wrote:

just back up your hard drive as you normally do and your email will be
included. you are making backups, aren't you?

or just leave the email on the server and let someone else worry about
it. better yet, do both.

Weekly,

weekly????

I back up my "C:" hard disk to an external one (1TB), and I do
so manually (in Windows "Explorer"). Thus, I can restore Thunderbird to
its current state, with its e-mail and Usenet folders perfectly intact.

It's a rather crude method, but...it works!

only if you don't mind missing up to 1 week of stuff.
Old February 23rd 14, 02:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

On 2/20/2014 10:51 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , John Turco
wrote:

just back up your hard drive as you normally do and your email will be
included. you are making backups, aren't you?

or just leave the email on the server and let someone else worry about
it. better yet, do both.

Weekly,

weekly????

Yes.

I back up my "C:" hard disk to an external one (1TB), and I do
so manually (in Windows "Explorer"). Thus, I can restore Thunderbird to
its current state, with its e-mail and Usenet folders perfectly intact.

It's a rather crude method, but...it works!

only if you don't mind missing up to 1 week of stuff.

That's an inherent risk to my approach, which I readily admit.

John
Old February 24th 14, 10:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 2014-02-14 07:16:27 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 17:52:20 -0800, Savageduck
Thinking more along these lines?
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...DSC5529E2c.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...DSC5529E2s.jpg

It would look better if you got your horizon level. :-)

Just which level and/or horizon are you referring to?
The waterline under the trees?
The top edge of the railing which is projected from left to right?
...or the tops of the two pilings, center right, which are not planted
parallel to the camera?

So for a shot processed for demonstration purposes, and which isn't
mine, it is close enough, and can be fixed easily enough.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...enshot_576.jpg

It's not the tree line. Nor the shore line- which depending on whether
it curves in, or out or is dead straight—can make a difference in how
the horizon appears.

The key is the floating dock. It's near enough perpendicular that it
should be dead level.