suggestions on upgrading to a new pc

Old September 7th 09, 03:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_11_]

Default suggestions on upgrading to a new pc

"David J Taylor"
wrote in
message om...
"Larry Thong" wrote in message
m...
[]
Me be an MSDN subscriber too for many years as well. What slight?
Maybe I
forgot a smiley?

Maybe you did.

And no, I don't like Vista. I agree Win 7 is better than
Vista, but there are way too many security holes in Win 7 to make it an
OS
for daily use, at least till one gets in there and reworks the registry
and
a few other points of interest. I'm sad to say that XP will be kicking
Win
7's ass in the security department for a while.

We will see once the masses get their hands on it, but out of the box I
would say that an out-of-the-box Windows-7 was actually more secure than
an out-of-the-box XP, and certainly quite certainly for daily use
(behind the typical home router). I accept your requirements may
differ.

Cheers,
David

The editing went a little wrong there!

We will see once the masses get their hands on it, but I would say that
an out-of-the-box Windows-7 was actually more secure than an
out-of-the-box XP, and certainly quite adequate for daily use (behind the

Old September 7th 09, 07:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

George Kerby wrote:
Ohhhhhhhh, looookkkkieeee again!

Our village idiot has found a new website and is - like everything else in
his putrid life - running it into the ground with his inability to think for

Just insults like a spoiled five year old.
hypocrite kerby in

--
Ray Fischer

Old September 8th 09, 02:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 9/7/09 1:34 PM, in article , "Ray
Fischer" wrote:

George Kerby wrote:
Ohhhhhhhh, looookkkkieeee again!

Our village idiot has found a new website and is - like everything else in
his putrid life - running it into the ground with his inability to think for

Just insults like a spoiled five year old.
hypocrite kerby in

I'm up to ten bucks now.

You must of had a rough fifth year in you pathetic existence, FishHeadRot.
I bet you still carry the scars your daddy put on your sorry ass.

What a maroon!!!!

Old September 11th 09, 06:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

Bob Larter wrote:
Ray Fischer wrote:
nospam wrote:
Ray Fischer

If you want to believe that an OS can be MacOS AND UNIX,
mac os is on top of unix.
No it isn't.
no?

No.

then what is it?

The kernel is Mach. The file system is Apple's.

you might want to let apple know, since they think
os x is built on top of unix.

No they don't.

Yes they do:
http://www.apple.com/macosx/what-is-macosx/
"Mac OS X is the world’s most advanced operating system. Built on a
rock-solid UNIX foundation and designed to be simple and intuitive, it’s

Marketing PR doesn't count. MacOS uses a MACH kernel.

--
Ray Fischer

Old September 11th 09, 06:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Chris H

In message , Ray Fischer
writes
Bob Larter wrote:
Ray Fischer wrote:
nospam wrote:
Ray Fischer

If you want to believe that an OS can be MacOS AND UNIX,
mac os is on top of unix.
No it isn't.
no?

No.

then what is it?

The kernel is Mach. The file system is Apple's.

you might want to let apple know, since they think
os x is built on top of unix.

No they don't.

Yes they do:
http://www.apple.com/macosx/what-is-macosx/
"Mac OS X is the world’s most advanced operating system. Built on a
rock-solid UNIX foundation and designed to be simple and intuitive, it’s

Marketing PR doesn't count. MacOS uses a MACH kernel.

The copyright notice on start up is BSD UNIX (at least it is on OSX)

Old September 12th 09, 04:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

Chris H wrote:
Ray Fischer
Bob Larter wrote:
Ray Fischer wrote:
nospam wrote:
Ray Fischer

If you want to believe that an OS can be MacOS AND UNIX,
mac os is on top of unix.
No it isn't.
no?

No.

then what is it?

The kernel is Mach. The file system is Apple's.

you might want to let apple know, since they think
os x is built on top of unix.

No they don't.

Yes they do:
http://www.apple.com/macosx/what-is-macosx/
"Mac OS X is the world’s most advanced operating system. Built on a
rock-solid UNIX foundation and designed to be simple and intuitive, it’s

Marketing PR doesn't count. MacOS uses a MACH kernel.

The copyright notice on start up is BSD UNIX

Because it uses a lot of code that comes from BSD Unix.

Do you know much of anything about operating systems?

--
Ray Fischer