Digital Camera

Old July 12th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.photo.advanced
D Ray East

Default Digital Camera

I have not seen any of the name brands that were not pretty dog gone
great if you want the truth.
Here is the long part of IT though. at the price of digital Single
Lens Reflex You really need to look into a new hobby and see if you
can read the how to manual enough to at least learn some of the little
things that go with the DSLR. You will find for well under a thousand
dollars you can buy a 6-8 Mega Pixel DSLR camera like Olympus Canon or
Nikon. PS Stay away from Minolta even though the prices look good they
are going out of business so no more Konica Minolta yes they had some
great stuff but I would not go there till the fallout hits. I spent
more 12 years ago for one of the first digital cameras than a car cost
nowdays. I mean 15grand for a 5meg kodak with a Nikon F5 body. that is
a little spendy.
Best of luck.
dray
On Tue, 23 May 2006 11:44:40 -0400, "David W. Bouton"
wrote:

Sorry you don't like Sony. I use 5 Canon film cameras, but take a lot
of professional digitals with the little 7.2mp Sony pocket camera - No
complaints and can be viewed on TV and goes strait into PC through USB.

Dave Bouton.

David Harris wrote:

R R wrote:

Can anyone recommend based on experience a brand of Digital Camera for the PC? I've heard a lot of
good things about HP's and I was just wondering what you thought.
Cheers,
Remo Rosati, author
DIVINE INTERVENTION
http://www15.brinkster.com/div2003
Now available at over 50,000 bookstores

Im now on my 2nd Olympus, and considering the 5050 for my next upgrade. Either that or the big Fuji
6MP jobbie.....

Dont like HPs :-(
or Kodak, or Sony, or Samsung....... but thats just personal.....

hth

DH
http://www.g8ina.enta.net/photos.htm
for evidence (of how good the camera is - not how bad a photographer I am :-)

Old January 29th 11, 05:18 PM
savantcreative savantcreative is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Ray East View Post

David Harris wrote:

R R wrote:

Can anyone recommend based on experience a brand of Digital Camera for the PC? I've heard a lot of
good things about HP's and I was just wondering what you thought.
Cheers,
Remo Rosati, author
DIVINE INTERVENTION
http://www15.brinkster.com/div2003
Now available at over 50,000 bookstores

Im now on my 2nd Olympus, and considering the 5050 for my next upgrade. Either that or the big Fuji
6MP jobbie.....

Dont like HPs :-(
or Kodak, or Sony, or Samsung....... but thats just personal.....

hth

DH
http://www.g8ina.enta.net/photos.htm
for evidence (of how good the camera is - not how bad a photographer I am :-)

I think the best bet is to start off as simple and basic as possible. Just learn how to use a camera on manual and don't spend a lot.