Share beauties of Canadian Rockies

Old October 20th 03, 04:41 AM
Shu

Default Share beauties of Canadian Rockies

Sept 2- - Oct 4, 2003, I hiked in Canadian Rockies for two weeks.
Now the photo web for my hiking trip is up on-line.
You are cordially invited to visit the new photo gallery. Hope you will
enjoy the beauties of Canadian Rockies.

http://128.111.124.127/ssr/CanadaRockies.htm

Ronald

Old October 20th 03, 02:52 PM
PWW

You have some nice images in there. I might make them smaller, and easier to
see.

I would also recommend putting a some sort of visible watermark on your
images otherwise they might end up in someone elsešs portfolio.

--
PWW (Paul Wayne Wilson)
Over 1,000 Photographs Online at,

Old October 20th 03, 04:55 PM
Alan Browne

Shu wrote:

Sept 2- - Oct 4, 2003, I hiked in Canadian Rockies for two weeks.
Now the photo web for my hiking trip is up on-line.
You are cordially invited to visit the new photo gallery. Hope you will
enjoy the beauties of Canadian Rockies.

http://128.111.124.127/ssr/CanadaRockies.htm

Ronald

Congrats.

Maybe name your "kayaking" shots to "canoe" shots... (97-07)

Old October 20th 03, 06:45 PM
ralford

Question - is there any "value" to reduced sized web photos? Certainly a
print couldn't be made of any commercial value, IMHO.

Also, with respect, I find your (PWW) copyright across the heart of the
picture very distracting.

Cheers,

rma

Old October 20th 03, 07:51 PM
Carole

Just wondering....I just added a photo section to my website. I put a
"no right click" javascript on all the photo pages with a friendly kind
of message that says it you would like a copy to contact me Is that
enough to stop people from stealing my photos? I know about Digimarc,
but I'm not working at present, so $$ are rather tight.

What does everyone else do to protect their work, but also get it out
there for people to see?

Old October 22nd 03, 12:54 AM
PWW

All those special ways to stop copying just doesn't work very well. It seems
that there are ways around all of them. That is why I recommend putting a
visible watermark on each and every image I put on the web. And use a lower
resolution image of not to big of size. I just figure that I have to get my
images out in front of clients and and accept a few thefts from my lower
rez, smaller watermarked images might make them think twice about taking my
images without my permission. I will still go after every single copyright
infringement that I can.
--
PWW (Paul Wayne Wilson)
Over 1,000 Photographs Online at,
http://PhotoStockFile.com

Old October 22nd 03, 01:10 AM
DaveS

"PWW" wrote:
snip
That is why I recommend putting a
visible watermark on each and every image I put on the web. And use a

lower
snip

I think you have a very nice site, and if someone wants to buy the image,
the watermark is not that distracting.

Have fun,
Dave

Old October 22nd 03, 01:21 AM
PWW

Did you look at his web-site? He had huge files on his site. I do believe
somebody could have used them for other reasons. Even if somebody wanted to
get a hold of the photographer of a photograph they "took off his site" just
to review and evaluate it, they might have a problem finding where they got
it because he did not have a watermark on the photograph.

Even if the photographs are copied and then only used on web-sites, the
web-site business still should pay the photographer for that use. That makes
it a "commercial value." It would be so easy for web-sites to use many
unmarked photographs and some photographs would allow even printed materials
being made from them.

Yes, I agree my original Watermark is somewhat distracting. I am a little
gun-shy or overprotective myself. I have changed it, but I have not changed
all the photos on my main site yet. Gee whiz, over 900 photos is a lot to
do, AGAIN... I will do it, but I have been rather busy lately.

It would seem that your images would benefit from a watermark also. I took a
look at your photos (pretty nice) an you are selling 4x6 prints, to people
of your horse photos. With an web image size of 8.8x6.6 @ 72PPI, that is
plenty large enough for some people to print nice 4x6, 5x7 and with a little
work larger photographs. IMHO.

Old October 22nd 03, 01:22 AM
PWW

Thanks Dave,
--
PWW (Paul Wayne Wilson)
Over 1,000 Photographs Online at,
http://PhotoStockFile.com

On 10/21/03 8:10 PM, in article
. net, "DaveS"
wrote:

snip

Old October 22nd 03, 01:46 AM
Carole

I'll have to look into watermarking. I've never done it, but I'm sure
there has to be some place on the web where you can learn how to do this?