[PICS] Bring your own flowers to your funeral!

Old October 25th 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jimkramer

Default [PICS] Bring your own flowers to your funeral!

Just in time for Halloween. :-)

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/Fru...ngusSpider.htm

-Jim

Old October 25th 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Colin.D

jimkramer wrote:
Just in time for Halloween. :-)

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/Fru...ngusSpider.htm

-Jim

Jesus, Jim, what a shudderingly ugly customer you've got there!!!

Now tell me that passingly revolting object is the result of a Creator
rather than just rampant uncontrolled DNA mutations.

Uuuuggghh!

Colin D.
Old October 25th 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jimkramer

"Colin.D" wrote in message
jimkramer wrote:
Just in time for Halloween. :-)

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/Fru...ngusSpider.htm

-Jim

Jesus, Jim, what a shudderingly ugly customer you've got there!!!

Now tell me that passingly revolting object is the result of a Creator
rather than just rampant uncontrolled DNA mutations.

Uuuuggghh!

Colin D.

No, just luck, the spider died right before a day of rain and no sun, the
fungus snagged a free meal and fruited just in time for me to see it at eye
level, no less. Are you familiar with Brian Lumley's - "Fruiting Bodies"?
:-)

I'm glad you didn't like it. :-)
-Jim

Old October 29th 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jimkramer

"Alan Justice" wrote in message
m...
I believe there are some parasites that can do that. Are you sure the
fungus didn't kill the spider?

Alan Justice

Apparently it is a fungus called Cordyceps. Lots of varieties all very
specific killers of insects.

Pretty interesting short video on the fungus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCOQ0VU24xw

-Jim