Cropping 50 images to the same bottom left corner

Old October 29th 18, 08:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Mayayana

Default Cropping 50 images to the same bottom left corner

"George P" wrote

|I need to crop 50 Windows screen shots to the bottom left corner.
| The initial screen shots were taken with Irfanview on Windows.
| I can't do them again as the conditions have changed.
| Is there an easy method to crop 50 images using the same dimensions?

IrfanView can crop them if you give it a height
or width, but if you have different sizes that might
not work.

www.jsware.net/jsware/pprep.php5

(Shareware but free with nag screen at start.)

Open the options window and select a custom
crop dimension, if necessary.
Drop the folder of images onto the window.
Check the option to crop.
Select the orientation and ratio.
Choose whether you want BMP result or JPG
in a choice of resolutions.

Process the images.

Note that if you now have JPGs you're going
to lose resolution each time you process them.
Depending on what you need, and how much you're
going to work on the images, you might want
to save as BMP. You can then make a final save
in JPG if you need small file size or PNG/TIF if
you want a more compact file but don't want
to sacrifice quality.

Old October 29th 18, 08:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
nospam

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

Note that if you now have JPGs you're going
to lose resolution each time you process them.

nope.

what's lost is *quality*, not resolution, and with the highest quality
jpeg, it's almost indistinguishable.