Almost OT - I need help with iPad

Old January 2nd 14, 04:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Almost OT - I need help with iPad

I'm trying to add the manuals for my camera and my flashes to my iOS7
iPad as PDF files. I am having no luck whatsoever. Judging by Google
results, I am far from alone with this.

I've got the files into the iTunes library on my computer, but there
they sit. What do I do to get them into the iPad?

Eric Stevens
Old January 2nd 14, 05:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-01-02 03:31:19 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

I'm trying to add the manuals for my camera and my flashes to my iOS7
iPad as PDF files. I am having no luck whatsoever. Judging by Google
results, I am far from alone with this.

I've got the files into the iTunes library on my computer, but there
they sit. What do I do to get them into the iPad?

I just did an online search for "ipad (whatever #, or type) manual".
Navigate to the site in Safari, tap on the main PDF window you will see
an option to select the app you want to use to open the PDF. I use
iBooks.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%2009%20PM.png

or
http://tinyurl.com/ko5zujw

The iPad manual is usually iOS specific, I use iOS7 on my biPhone and
iOS6 on my iPad, so here is how it is presented on my iPad.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%2007%20PM.png

or
http://tinyurl.com/kt5y27k
I do the same for my camera manuals.

Savageduck

Old January 2nd 14, 05:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-01-02 03:31:19 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

[...]

To be clear those are the PDF manuals for my D300s, my G11, SB-800
flash, and some others. It is also worth noting that Apple places the
iPad/iPhone manuals in with books and all other PDF among PDFs, you
switch between the two options with the collections button.

The D300S manual from Nikon at
http://www.nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/...2/D300S_EN.pdf
http://tinyurl.com/lqj78pa
....and my iBook PDF manual book shelf.
http://tinyurl.com/p4ckdqg

Savageduck

Old January 2nd 14, 06:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-01-02 03:31:19 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

[...]

Here is a Nikon URL which works:

Old January 2nd 14, 09:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 02/01/2014 03:31, Eric Stevens wrote:
I'm trying to add the manuals for my camera and my flashes to my iOS7
iPad as PDF files. I am having no luck whatsoever. Judging by Google
results, I am far from alone with this.

I've got the files into the iTunes library on my computer, but there
they sit. What do I do to get them into the iPad?

I wouldn't use iTunes for that - just install DropBox and the manuals
will be available on /any/ device with DropBox installed.

--
Cheers,
David
Old January 2nd 14, 01:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 1/1/2014 10:48 PM, nospam wrote:
snip

another way is to use the dropbox app and just move the pdfs into the
dropbox folder on your computer and then download them on the ipad
(syncing is not automatic for dropbox on the ipad due to limited space
there). you can read the pdf in the dropbox app or you can move it to
another app, such as apple's ibooks.

Strange. I have Dropbox installed in my iPhone, and its works well. Why
wouldn't it work on an iPad.

snip

--
PeterN
Old January 2nd 14, 02:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Old January 2nd 14, 02:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Ellwood

On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 16:31:19 +1300, Eric Stevens wrote:

I'm trying to add the manuals for my camera and my flashes to my iOS7
iPad as PDF files. I am having no luck whatsoever. Judging by Google
results, I am far from alone with this.

I've got the files into the iTunes library on my computer, but there
they sit. What do I do to get them into the iPad?

Why not make copies of the needed parts ans keep them in your pocket?

--
Neil
Reverse ‘a’ and ‘r’
Old January 2nd 14, 03:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-01-02 03:31:19 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

I'm trying to add the manuals for my camera and my flashes to my iOS7
iPad as PDF files. I am having no luck whatsoever. Judging by Google
results, I am far from alone with this.

I've got the files into the iTunes library on my computer, but there
they sit. What do I do to get them into the iPad?

I am curious. You say you have the PDFs in the iTunes library what
category or folder do they appear in?
Usually, if you are managing music and files manually, you should be
able to just select the file and drag it to, and drop it on the device
icon (your iPad) in iTunes.

I prefer to use, Dropbox, Safari, or email attachment to import PDFs
into my iPad, and then select "open in the app of my choice. With
manuals that is usually iBooks. If it is something which require
annotating or editing I usually use PDFPen Pro.

Savageduck

Old January 2nd 14, 06:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 2 January 2014 13:46:11 UTC, Neil Ellwood wrote:
On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 16:31:19 +1300, Eric Stevens wrote:

I'm trying to add the manuals for my camera and my flashes to my iOS7

iPad as PDF files. I am having no luck whatsoever. Judging by Google

results, I am far from alone with this.

I've got the files into the iTunes library on my computer, but there

they sit. What do I do to get them into the iPad?

Why not make copies of the needed parts ans keep them in your pocket?

because it's 2014 not 1914 ;-)

Do you think that there might be some design patent tied to the parts?
--
teleportation kills