iPad & Photoshop Touch

Old December 12th 12, 06:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default iPad & Photoshop Touch

I have been playing around with my iPad and Photoshop Touch. Naturally
I have looked for somebody with more knowledge of the program than I
have to give me a lesson or two beyond the built in tutorials.

What I have found, and thought I would share with others with iPads who
might want to dabble, is Russell Brown's Pod Casts on the subject.
PS_Touch_Overview_-_Russell_Brown_HD_3.mp4

....and the complete series to date from Adobe TV;
feed://russellbrownshow.adobetv.libsynpro.com/rss

Savageduck

Old December 12th 12, 06:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-12-11 22:27:30 -0800, Savageduck said:

I have been playing around with my iPad and Photoshop Touch. Naturally
I have looked for somebody with more knowledge of the program than I
have to give me a lesson or two beyond the built in tutorials.

What I have found, and thought I would share with others with iPads who
might want to dabble, is Russell Brown's Pod Casts on the subject.
PS_Touch_Overview_-_Russell_Brown_HD_3.mp4

Oops!

http://ec.libsyn.com/p/7/4/7/747509a...c_id=39 52261

or
http://tinyurl.com/bb4d5c5

Old December 12th 12, 06:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-12-11 22:27:30 -0800, Savageduck said:

I have been playing around with my iPad and Photoshop Touch. Naturally
I have looked for somebody with more knowledge of the program than I
have to give me a lesson or two beyond the built in tutorials.

What I have found, and thought I would share with others with iPads who
might want to dabble, is Russell Brown's Pod Casts on the subject.
PS_Touch_Overview_-_Russell_Brown_HD_3.mp4

Oops!

http://ec.libsyn.com/p/7/4/7/747509a...c_id=39 52261

or

http://tinyurl.com/bb4d5c5

...and the complete series to date from Adobe TV;
feed://russellbrownshow.adobetv.libsynpro.com/rss

This might help. He also has some interesting input regarding other
Adobe products.
http://tv.adobe.com/show/the-russell-brown-show/

Savageduck

Old December 12th 12, 11:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
otter

On Dec 12, 12:32*am, Savageduck
On 2012-12-11 22:27:30 -0800, Savageduck said:

I have been playing around with my iPad and Photoshop Touch. Naturally
I have looked for somebody with more knowledge of the program than I
have to give me a lesson or two beyond the built in tutorials.

What I have found, and thought I would share with others with iPads who
might want to dabble, is Russell Brown's Pod Casts on the subject.
PS_Touch_Overview_-_Russell_Brown_HD_3.mp4

Oops!
http://ec.libsyn.com/p/7/4/7/747509a...Overview_-_Rus...

or
http://tinyurl.com/bb4d5c5

...and the complete series to date from Adobe TV;
feed://russellbrownshow.adobetv.libsynpro.com/rss

Savageduck

Looks neat! Better than I expected. Little disappointed by the size
limitations, though.
Old December 12th 12, 11:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Jonz

On Dec 12, 12:32 am,
On 2012-12-11 22:27:30 -0800, said:

I have been playing around with my iPad and Photoshop Touch. Naturally
I have looked for somebody with more knowledge of the program than I
have to give me a lesson or two beyond the built in tutorials.

What I have found, and thought I would share with others with iPads who
might want to dabble, is Russell Brown's Pod Casts on the subject.
PS_Touch_Overview_-_Russell_Brown_HD_3.mp4

Oops!
http://ec.libsyn.com/p/7/4/7/747509a...Overview_-_Rus...

or
http://tinyurl.com/bb4d5c5

...and the complete series to date from Adobe TV;
feed://russellbrownshow.adobetv.libsynpro.com/rss

Savageduck

Looks neat! Better than I expected. Little disappointed by the size
limitations, though.

Yah, and another thing he conveniently forgot to mention is that layered
..psd files will automatically get flattened if you try to import from
Photoshop to Photoshop Touch. Tha layered movement of .psd files is one
way only.

Old December 13th 12, 12:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On Dec 12, 12:32*am, Savageduck
On 2012-12-11 22:27:30 -0800, Savageduck

said:

I have been playing around with my iPad and Photoshop Touch. Naturally
I have looked for somebody with more knowledge of the program than I
have to give me a lesson or two beyond the built in tutorials.

What I have found, and thought I would share with others with iPads who
might want to dabble, is Russell Brown's Pod Casts on the subject.
PS_Touch_Overview_-_Russell_Brown_HD_3.mp4

Oops!
http://ec.libsyn.com/p/7/4/7/747509a...Overview_-_Rus...

or
http://tinyurl.com/bb4d5c5

...and the complete series to date from Adobe TV;
feed://russellbrownshow.adobetv.libsynpro.com/rss

Savageduck

Looks neat! Better than I expected. Little disappointed by the size
limitations, though.

I think for somebody adjusting and/or editing images on the iPad for
email or other sharing (I don't use FaceBook in any way!), the
1600x1600 limitation, while restricting for those using desktop
computers and large print output, is adequate. Just think of the SI
size limitations of 1200x1000.

For many photographers traveling with an iPad (I am not sure about
Android availability) and without a laptop PS Touch gives them an
ability to adjust and edit in the field, and to plan major
edits/adjustments before getting home to work on a desktop/laptop.
....and those iPad edits can be shared in whichever way you choose while
on the road.
From my iPad "Camera Roll" I can share via Email, Message, and the
dreaded FaceBook, or Twitter, neither of which I use. Otherwise I can
go to Google Drive, DropBox, Skype to share any of those images.

PS Touch has gone through some updates and a lifting of that limitation
might well be in its future. For what it is I am impressed. NIK's
"Snapseed" and Adobe's free PS Express are OK! but they do not provide
the ability of PS Touch.

Savageduck

Old December 13th 12, 12:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:
On 2012-12-11 22:27:30 -0800, said:

[...]

However if you use Adobe's "Creative Cloud" layered files processed in
PST are available on a desktop with layers intact.

The thing to remember is PST is a compromise for use on a tablet,
having layers available on a tablet is quite a development. PST is not
a replacement for CS/5/6 so don't expect it to have that capability for
$10.
It is what it is.
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-touch.html

Savageduck

Old December 17th 12, 06:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
medic4401

On Dec 12, 12:32 am, Savageduck
On 2012-12-11 22:27:30 -0800, Savageduck

said:

I have been playing around with my iPad and Photoshop Touch. Naturally
I have looked for somebody with more knowledge of the program than I
have to give me a lesson or two beyond the built in tutorials.

What I have found, and thought I would share with others with iPads who
might want to dabble, is Russell Brown's Pod Casts on the subject.
PS_Touch_Overview_-_Russell_Brown_HD_3.mp4

Oops!
http://ec.libsyn.com/p/7/4/7/747509a...Overview_-_Rus...

or
http://tinyurl.com/bb4d5c5

...and the complete series to date from Adobe TV;
feed://russellbrownshow.adobetv.libsynpro.com/rss

You cant do any "Quality" work on these devices. The same way you cant
take any quality images with an i phone.

Savageduck

Looks neat! Better than I expected. Little disappointed by the size
limitations, though.

I think for somebody adjusting and/or editing images on the iPad for
email or other sharing (I don't use FaceBook in any way!), the 1600x1600
limitation, while restricting for those using desktop computers and
large print output, is adequate. Just think of the SI size limitations
of 1200x1000.

For many photographers traveling with an iPad (I am not sure about
Android availability) and without a laptop PS Touch gives them an
ability to adjust and edit in the field, and to plan major
edits/adjustments before getting home to work on a desktop/laptop.
...and those iPad edits can be shared in whichever way you choose while
on the road.
From my iPad "Camera Roll" I can share via Email, Message, and the

Old December 17th 12, 06:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
nospam

In article , medic4401
wrote:

I have been playing around with my iPad and Photoshop Touch. Naturally
I have looked for somebody with more knowledge of the program than I
have to give me a lesson or two beyond the built in tutorials.

What I have found, and thought I would share with others with iPads who
might want to dabble, is Russell Brown's Pod Casts on the subject.
PS_Touch_Overview_-_Russell_Brown_HD_3.mp4

Oops!
http://ec.libsyn.com/p/7/4/7/747509a...Overview_-_Rus...

...and the complete series to date from Adobe TV;
feed://russellbrownshow.adobetv.libsynpro.com/rss

You cant do any "Quality" work on these devices. The same way you cant
take any quality images with an i phone.

nonsense. of course you can.
Old December 17th 12, 08:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On Dec 12, 12:32 am, Savageduck
On 2012-12-11 22:27:30 -0800, Savageduck

said:

I have been playing around with my iPad and Photoshop Touch. Naturally
I have looked for somebody with more knowledge of the program than I
have to give me a lesson or two beyond the built in tutorials.

What I have found, and thought I would share with others with iPads who
might want to dabble, is Russell Brown's Pod Casts on the subject.
PS_Touch_Overview_-_Russell_Brown_HD_3.mp4

Oops!
http://ec.libsyn.com/p/7/4/7/747509a...Overview_-_Rus...

or
http://tinyurl.com/bb4d5c5

...and the complete series to date from Adobe TV;
feed://russellbrownshow.adobetv.libsynpro.com/rss

You cant do any "Quality" work on these devices. The same way you cant
take any quality images with an i phone.

That depends on your needs, and I suggest that you take another look at
some of those videos.

I agree that if compared with a desktop running LR4/CS5/CS6 you would
find PST lacking, but that is not the point of this program. I need a
decent RAW processor, PST does not provide one, and I don't expect one
for $10. It does provide many features such as layers and some complex
adjustment tools.

Then you need to ask the question in the context of the compact camera,
or phone camera user, without access to a desktop/laptop and the $$$
cost of CS6 or LR4.
Today that individual might well have a tablet, iPad, or Android. PST
gives that type of photographer some pretty sophisticated adjustment
tools to produce more than acceptable images. Not all shooters use or
can afford state of the art equipment and processing software.
Photoshop Touch is an acceptable tool for the tablet user who has no
demands beyond say 2000x2000 output, and who might use a camera phone
or compact for source images

Regarding quality images from an iPhone, or any phone for that matter,
all depends on the circumstances of the shot, and the ability of the
shooter and his/her understanding of the camera used. All of that said
I would guess that the great majority of images processed using PST
would be from compact cameras. My DSLR shots are still processed on my
desktop using LR4 and CS5, and I have no desire to work on them on my
iPad. However I can see refining some of my iPhone snapshots or some of
my G11 shots using PST on my iPad.

Savageduck