Olympus C2020Z problem

Old November 14th 04, 10:51 AM
Trev

Default Olympus C2020Z problem

Any ideas anyone...have a 2020Z which has decided not to recognise any
smartmedia cards. The 3 I have are all working in a USB card reader and I
can get to the pics that are still on them, but when I put the cards in the
camera I just get the card error indication. Trying to reformat the card on
the camera doesn't work. Is there something daft I am overlooking or is an
expensive repair on the horizon?!

Ta, Trev

Old November 14th 04, 05:01 PM
Gary Hendricks

Hi

The Olumpus C2020Z supports Smartmedia cards up to 64MB.
Are you using any cards of greater capacity?

Regards
Gary Hendricks
www.basic-digital-photography.com

Old November 14th 04, 05:15 PM
Ken Weitzel

Gary Hendricks wrote:

Hi

The Olumpus C2020Z supports Smartmedia cards up to 64MB.
Are you using any cards of greater capacity?

Regards
Gary Hendricks
www.basic-digital-photography.com

Hi Gary...

I think you'll find that it supports 128 meg cards

The manuals were just printed before 128's existed.

Take care.

Ken

Old November 14th 04, 05:50 PM
Aerticus

Have you contacted
1 - your supplier
then
2 - your national dealer?

Sometimes brandholders do perform the odd miracle.

A colleague at work phoned his national office to establish how much it
would cost to have his repaired. The LCD showed images but colors went off
(all greeny-grey) with syncing problems

The reply was: send it in and we'll repair it for free. It is a known
problem

"Ken Weitzel" wrote in message

Gary Hendricks wrote:

Hi

The Olumpus C2020Z supports Smartmedia cards up to 64MB.
Are you using any cards of greater capacity?

Regards
Gary Hendricks
www.basic-digital-photography.com

Hi Gary...

I think you'll find that it supports 128 meg cards

The manuals were just printed before 128's existed.

Take care.

Ken

k...

Old November 14th 04, 07:16 PM
Jason

When the card is in your card reader go in to "My Computer" and right
click on what drive the card is in. Then go down to menu and click on
format. PLEASE NOTE DON'T RIGHT CLICK ON C: DRIVE AND FORMAT!!!!!!

That normally works for me but I've got the C2000Z so it might be
different.

Jason