"Autostitch" issue

Old June 11th 05, 03:24 AM
RichA

Default "Autostitch" issue

I downloaded the demo of this program but it
only seems to be able to handle 2 images to
produce a panorama. When it's working, it indicates
that 3 images (if that is what you are using)
are being combined, but when the panorama is
finished, it only shows the results of stitching
2 of the images. I checked the faq, which indicates
it's limitations as a demo, but it does not seem
to mention that limitation. I'd prefer to get
this program is it is 100x better than Olympus's
panoramic software function.

Old June 11th 05, 03:27 AM
RichA

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 22:24:21 -0400, RichA wrote:

I downloaded the demo of this program but it
only seems to be able to handle 2 images to
produce a panorama. When it's working, it indicates
that 3 images (if that is what you are using)
are being combined, but when the panorama is
finished, it only shows the results of stitching
2 of the images. I checked the faq, which indicates
it's limitations as a demo, but it does not seem
to mention that limitation. I'd prefer to get
this program is it is 100x better than Olympus's
panoramic software function.

Strike the above. For whatever reason, it couldn't
"lock in" on one image I took even though it was
part of a panorama. It has worked on others I took.
-Rich
Old June 11th 05, 10:39 AM

Hi Rich,

Before you start it going remember to adjust the scale, by default its 10%
so the pano's will be quite small.

Great bit of software though, Ive had lots of good results from it

Todd.
ToneUp - www.oxfordeye.co.uk

Old June 11th 05, 11:10 AM
RichA

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 10:39:08 +0100, "
wrote:

Hi Rich,

Before you start it going remember to adjust the scale, by default its 10%
so the pano's will be quite small.

Great bit of software though, Ive had lots of good results from it

I think that default is in deferrence to the computation time
needed to do the job. Coupling five full sized images
from an 8 meg camera takes awhile to accomplish. But it does
such a good job it doesn't bother me.
-Rich
Old June 11th 05, 07:38 PM

I stitched up a 22 shot pano and it took forever, looked fantastic though

The only problem Ive found with Autostitch is when you give it shots that
form a vertical pano, then it really grinds and gets confused. The only way
round this Ive found is to manually rotate the shots in Photoshop first.

Todd.