WHAT'S UP WITH THE 20D?

Old November 24th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default WHAT'S UP WITH THE 20D?

A few I took today:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70671265

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70671266

Old November 24th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
ShibbyShane

Annika1980 wrote:
A few I took today:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70671265

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70671266

AKA Ugliest Dogs In the World

Old November 24th 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Frank ess

http://static.flickr.com/28/48793366_039e6b2384_o.jpg
Old November 24th 06, 06:34 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Colin_D

Annika1980 wrote:
A few I took today:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70671265

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70671266

I'm not a fan of bulldogs, but I admire your images. Don't stop posting.

Colin D.

Old November 24th 06, 08:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul

"ShibbyShane" wrote in message
ps.com...

Annika1980 wrote:
A few I took today:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70671265

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70671266

AKA Ugliest Dogs In the World

AKA Pug Ugly

Old November 24th 06, 08:58 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

Colin_D wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
A few I took today:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70671265

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70671266

I'm not a fan of bulldogs, but I admire your images. Don't stop
posting.
Colin D.

Those aren't bulldogs... they are pugs.

But speaking of bulldogs...
Here's my 91 year old grandmothing (who still has a great sense of humor)
doing her impression of a bulldog today at the Thanksgiving dinner
able... -She had brought fake "bubba teeth" with her to the gathering, and
walked in without her uppers...instead replacing them with these things.
-I hope I can still laugh and carry on like that when I'm 91...

Heeeeeeeeeeere's GRANNY!
http://upload.pbase.com/image/70680032/original
and
http://upload.pbase.com/markuson/ima...80035/original
it gets worse...
http://upload.pbase.com/markuson/ima...80034/original
And finally...the REAL Granny we know and love... (with her 85 year old
brother)
http://upload.pbase.com/markuson/ima...80031/original

-MarkČ

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old November 24th 06, 10:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Richard Polhill

Annika1980 wrote:
A few I took today:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70671265

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70671266

I don't get it. At risk of being accused of Bret bashing, I cannot see the
artistic merit in these photos. Unless they were my dogs I cannot see any
reason why I'd pay any more attention than a cursory glance at these snapshots.

Beautifully (auto)exposed and (auto)focussed though they are, and nicely
framed. What is so great though?

I know the horses for courses argument, but for the same reason I don't want
to see a commercial photographer's thousand pictures of moodily lit toasters,
I can't find any reason to look at it other than curiosity when the link is
posted.

Is there a narrative that accompanies the image, as it sure doesn't create one
of its own.

Sorry, Bret, I really do like some of your images, even if you do attribute
all the skill to the 20D. But some, like this, are really just perfectly
focused and exposed snapshots.
Old November 24th 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Richard Polhill

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
Richard Polhill wrote:

A few I took today:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70671265

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70671266

I don't get it. At risk of being accused of Bret bashing, I cannot
see the artistic merit in these photos. Unless they were my dogs I
cannot see any reason why I'd pay any more attention than a cursory
glance at these snapshots.

I think it time you loosen up and take life less seriously and enjoy it.
They are fun shots that Bret was very successful of capturing that exact
moment in time. Who cares about "artistic merit" or following the "rules"
for a "perfect" picture? The first one surely made you laugh?

Perhaps. Maybe I turn up at work in the morning and take the frustration of
rush-hour traffic out on people in here. I can't see them.

How about a hound with dentures? Do you think that would be funny? If so,
try this.

http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2006/dentures.htm

Yeah OK. Technically a hound without dentures ;-)

It's all about the moment and nothing else really matters.

Fair enough.
Old November 24th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Duncan Chesley

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 00:58:26 -0800, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even
number wrote:

She had brought fake "bubba teeth" with her to the gathering,

ROTFL Thanks Mark. And thank Granny, too.

Cheers,
DuncanC

Old November 24th 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Richard Polhill wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70671265

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70671266

I don't get it. At risk of being accused of Bret bashing, I cannot see the
artistic merit in these photos. Unless they were my dogs I cannot see any
reason why I'd pay any more attention than a cursory glance at these snapshots.

Beautifully (auto)exposed and (auto)focussed though they are, and nicely
framed. What is so great though?

Perhaps I was merely attempting to show off the 20D's awesome ability
to autofocus and autoexpose? The first shot ("What's Up?") was a
particularly difficult exposure situation with dark shade mixed with
bright sunlight.