WHAT'S UP WITH THE 20D?

Old November 26th 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
John McWilliams

Default WHAT'S UP WITH THE 20D?

Annika1980 wrote:
John McWilliams wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70810705
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70810706

How much of a crop on the Eagle? Great pose, tho. Did you forget to turn
ISO down after a previous shoot as I do too often??

The full frame looked like this:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70813018

I purposely kept the ISO high, going for max shutter speed. I did
forget to stop down a stop or two, however.

I think you'd have been better off at ISO 200 with ƒ8 and slightly
slower shutter. Less noise.

Or used more fill flash. s

--
John McWilliams
Old November 27th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bart van der Wolf

"Frank ess" wrote in message
ShibbyShane wrote:

SNIP

AKA Ugliest Dogs In the World

http://static.flickr.com/28/48793366_039e6b2384_o.jpg

But then that is still its photogenic side ...

--
Bart

Old November 27th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Frank ess

Bart van der Wolf wrote:
"Frank ess" wrote in message
ShibbyShane wrote:

SNIP

AKA Ugliest Dogs In the World

http://static.flickr.com/28/48793366_039e6b2384_o.jpg

But then that is still its photogenic side ...

It's true; grotesque from any angle.
http://static.flickr.com/29/37653293_866eb45f4d_o.jpg

--
Frank ess
Old November 27th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Pudentame" wrote in message
MarkČ wrote:
Pudentame wrote:

Actually, I rarely click on his links anymore. I rarely do more than click
"mark thread read" ... had some time to kill this time.

I always click on Bret's links.....I am waiting for that wonderful picture
of Spike without his nail, and all those pictures of the Great Smokies where
my father was born and raised.....In a way, his photos are a link to my
past........

Old November 27th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ken Tough

Apparently Richard Polhill wrote:

Any recommendations as to suitable knee-jerk damping material to help me
deal with subject lines such as "XXX JUST LURVES THE 20D"?

Grumpy old gits love the 20 D-?

--
Ken Tough
Old November 27th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ken Tough

Annika1980 wrote:

John McWilliams wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70810705
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70810706

How much of a crop on the Eagle? Great pose, tho. Did you forget to turn
ISO down after a previous shoot as I do too often??

The full frame looked like this:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70813018

I purposely kept the ISO high, going for max shutter speed. I did
forget to stop down a stop or two, however.

It does look surprisingly grainy at that ISO though

--
Ken Tough
Old November 27th 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

Frank ess wrote:
Bart van der Wolf wrote:
"Frank ess" wrote in message
ShibbyShane wrote:

SNIP

AKA Ugliest Dogs In the World

http://static.flickr.com/28/48793366_039e6b2384_o.jpg

But then that is still its photogenic side ...

It's true; grotesque from any angle.
http://static.flickr.com/29/37653293_866eb45f4d_o.jpg

Those scruffy-looking pooches have NOTHING on this little beast (see below)
I saw this little guy on Leno or Letterman (can't remember which), and he's
as close as I've ever seen to an animal that not only LOOKED
demon-posessed...but also ACTED demon-posessed! He'd growl if anything got
near it...was blind...and possibly deaf, but I can't remember.

It really was creepy looking...
http://happymills.blogspot.com/2005/...dog-award.html

Old November 27th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

MarkČ wrote:
Frank ess wrote:
Bart van der Wolf wrote:
"Frank ess" wrote in message
ShibbyShane wrote:
SNIP

AKA Ugliest Dogs In the World

http://static.flickr.com/28/48793366_039e6b2384_o.jpg

But then that is still its photogenic side ...

It's true; grotesque from any angle.
http://static.flickr.com/29/37653293_866eb45f4d_o.jpg

Those scruffy-looking pooches have NOTHING on this little beast (see
below) I saw this little guy on Leno or Letterman (can't remember
which), and he's as close as I've ever seen to an animal that not
only LOOKED demon-posessed...but also ACTED demon-posessed! He'd
growl if anything got near it...was blind...and possibly deaf, but I
can't remember.
It really was creepy looking...
http://happymills.blogspot.com/2005/...dog-award.html

Here's a better pic:
http://www.lulu.com/samdog

Yikes!! Straight from the pit of Hell!

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old November 27th 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

MarkČ wrote:
MarkČ wrote:
Frank ess wrote:
Bart van der Wolf wrote:
"Frank ess" wrote in message
ShibbyShane wrote:
SNIP

AKA Ugliest Dogs In the World

http://static.flickr.com/28/48793366_039e6b2384_o.jpg

But then that is still its photogenic side ...

It's true; grotesque from any angle.
http://static.flickr.com/29/37653293_866eb45f4d_o.jpg

Those scruffy-looking pooches have NOTHING on this little beast (see
below) I saw this little guy on Leno or Letterman (can't remember
which), and he's as close as I've ever seen to an animal that not
only LOOKED demon-posessed...but also ACTED demon-posessed! He'd
growl if anything got near it...was blind...and possibly deaf, but I
can't remember.
It really was creepy looking...
http://happymills.blogspot.com/2005/...dog-award.html

Here's a better pic:
http://www.lulu.com/samdog

Yikes!! Straight from the pit of Hell!

OK. Here's a video of him:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VnOVAXJ3Xlw

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old November 27th 06, 05:15 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Frank ess

MarkČ wrote:
MarkČ wrote:
MarkČ wrote:
Frank ess wrote:
Bart van der Wolf wrote:
"Frank ess" wrote in message
ShibbyShane wrote:
[...]

Sam expired a few months ago. One of his offspring is following in his
footsteps, I understand.

--
Frank ess