1 photo every 15 minutes every day - houston skyline

Old November 14th 09, 04:36 AM
customminds customminds is offline
Junior Member

Location: houston texas
Default 1 photo every 15 minutes every day - houston skyline

I spent a while planning this out and it seems to be working. Critiques welcome!!

Basically 1 Nikon camera tethered to a computer, updating a scene of downtown houston every 15 minutes all day, every day.

Here's the link;
http://www.customminds.com/texascityscape/

-----------------------------------
Problems I am experiencing;
I am shooting through a thick glass, so there is a bit of ghosting in specific areas.

The camera auto settings are causing white balance issues and bleaching / too much darkening over the course of a day.

due to my batch processing, i have to delete the photo before reposting the new one. a 2 second delay between picture posts can be noticed if you hit refresh at the right time.

-----------------------------------
Benefits of this format;
In my opinion it seems to be better than normal webcam updates. With unlimited bandwidth you can technically post a 20 megapixel image of ____ at intervals on the fly.
__________________
-----------------------------------
Custom Minds Photography
-----------------------------------
Houston Wedding Photographer
Houston Family Portrait Photographer
Houston Event Photographer
-----------------------------------
Old November 14th 09, 07:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
RustY ©

"customminds" wrote in message

I spent a while planning this out and it seems to be working. Critiques
welcome!!

Could I request the time to be added somhow ? Its pitch black outside here
but nice and sunny at your house.

Old November 14th 09, 08:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 19:47:59 -0000, "RustY ©"
wrote:

"customminds" wrote in message

I spent a while planning this out and it seems to be working. Critiques
welcome!!

Could I request the time to be added somhow ? Its pitch black outside here
but nice and sunny at your house.

Why not just use a browser plug-in and get if from the exif data?
Old November 15th 09, 02:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Wolfgang Weisselberg

customminds wrote:

Problems I am experiencing;
I am shooting through a thick glass, so there is a bit of ghosting in
specific areas.

Maybe a rubber lens cap that directly contacts the glass will
help.

due to my batch processing, i have to delete the photo before reposting
the new one. a 2 second delay between picture posts can be noticed if
you hit refresh at the right time.

Try something like
cp new.jpeg archive-`date -utc +%f`.jpeg
mv new.jpeg houston-texas.jpg # atomic unless you cross
# file system borders
instead of
rm houston-texas.jpg # not really needed
cp new.jpeg houston-texas.jpg
?

-Wolfgang