Anyone Heard the Omega D5V-XL Enlarger?

Old April 9th 05, 02:59 AM
jjs

"narke" wrote in message
oups.com...
Bob AZ wrote,

Tell me whaic 50mm you want to mount?

I plan to buy a Rodagon 50mm 2.8 lens

The el-nikkor 50mm F2.8 works with the turret. The Rodagon 80mm does, too.
Sorry I can't say about the Rodagon 50mm. (If you can wait for a deal the
el-nikkor is okay. I would offer you mine because I don't use it anymore,
but it has a hint of some kind of stuff in it. Fungus, I'll bet.)

Old April 9th 05, 03:06 AM
Richard Knoppow

"John" wrote in message
news
On 7 Apr 2005 08:06:35 -0700, "narke"
wrote:

A seller called me and said he got a used Omega D5V-XL
Enlarger. I did
not heard it before, and after a google search, I found
only D2V. Does
anyone have any ideal about this product?

Possibly a D2V head on a D5XL chassis. There was no D5V
head that I know of.

John - http://www.puresilver.org

The variable focal length head is standard on the D-6 and
D-5. Since the fixed condensers were discontinued by the
time this enlarger came out there is no special designation
for the variable head. All of the come with it unless
equipped with the color head.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old April 9th 05, 04:15 AM
narke

Richard Knoppow wrote:

The variable focal length head is standard on the D-6 and

D-5. Since the fixed condensers were discontinued by the
time this enlarger came out there is no special designation
for the variable head. All of the come with it unless
equipped with the color head.

1) the seller said, that's a color print. So I guess it was equiped
with a dichroic head (color head). right?

2) I found a page about D5V-XL:
http://www.photographers1.com/SaleIm...es/D5V-XL.html

with information above, any more ideal? thanks!

-
narke

Old April 9th 05, 04:20 AM
narke

David Starr wrote:

My 50mm 2.8 Rodagon won't work in the turret. With a flat mounting

plate the turret won't rotate or focus. With the extended plate it'll
rotate but not focus.

What enlarger you mean?

-
narke

Old April 9th 05, 04:29 AM
John

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 02:06:52 GMT, "Richard Knoppow" wrote:

The variable focal length head is standard on the D-6 and
D-5. Since the fixed condensers were discontinued by the
time this enlarger came out there is no special designation
for the variable head. All of the come with it unless
equipped with the color head.

Thanks Richard. That clears up why I had never heard of it.

John - http://www.puresilver.org

"Are you planning on accepting the new definition of photography?" - Frank
"Just as soon as humanity accepts a new definition of the term humanity." - John

Old April 9th 05, 04:02 PM
John

On 8 Apr 2005 20:15:54 -0700, "narke" wrote:

2) I found a page about D5V-XL:
http://www.photographers1.com/SaleIm...es/D5V-XL.html

with information above, any more ideal? thanks!

Try:

http://www.puresilver.org/pdf/equipm...a/ome_d3d5.pdf