Wanted: Example NEF file from a D7200

Old March 22nd 15, 05:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Floyd L. Davidson

Default Wanted: Example NEF file from a D7200

Does anyone have a 14-bit NEF file from a D7200 they'd
be willing to share? Or know where there's such a thing
on the web?

--
Floyd L. Davidson http://www.apaflo.com/
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Old March 22nd 15, 06:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-03-22 05:06:36 +0000, Floyd L. Davidson said:

Does anyone have a 14-bit NEF file from a D7200 they'd
be willing to share? Or know where there's such a thing
on the web?

I am also quite interested to see just what the D7200 delivers.
It might be a tad premature to get sample NEFs since it has only just
got out to the vendors. That said there are some sample jpegs on the
Nikon site, and I have found this.
https://photographylife.com/nikon-d7200-high-resolution-sample-images
http://nikonrumors.com/2015/03/03/nikon-d7200-sample-images.aspx/
....and these hi-res jpegs:
http://imgsv.nikon-image.com/products/slr/lineup/d7200/img/sample/pic_02_og.jpg

http://imgsv.nikon-image.com/products/slr/lineup/d7200/img/sample/pic_05_og.jpg

http://imgsv.nikon-image.com/products/slr/lineup/d7200/img/sample/pic_03_og.jpg

For now I understand that the only softwre available for processing the
D7200 14-bit NEF files is Nikons Capture NX-D. Adobe has yet to update
ACR, but I am sure that will happen soon.
http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/microsite/capturenxd/

I know that you might be making an exercise of working on these
particular NEF files on your system. If I come across a NEF or if by
some odd reflex I pull the trigger and buy a D7200, I will be sure to
share a sample NEF at that time.
Otherwise, good luck with your endevor.

Savageduck

Old March 22nd 15, 06:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Floyd L. Davidson

Savageduck wrote:
On 2015-03-22 05:06:36 +0000, Floyd L. Davidson said:

[...]

It's an effort for someone else. He runs Windows, and
has recompiled DCRAW, but says it has wierd color. My
original suggestion was to use UFRAW because the color
might be different than for a D7100, and that would be
easy to manipulate with UFRAW as opposed to DCRAW.

I'd just like to see if I can produce a reasonable
image. And will be extremely surprised if that can't be
done.