Nikon D750 - Report from a fanboi

Old March 5th 15, 10:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default Nikon D750 - Report from a fanboi

In article , RichA wrote:

Eric Stevens:

or http://tinyurl.com/k4prl8h

android:
As I've written befo I think that the D750 is the true
successor to the D300s. What's your take? -- teleportation kills

Body is still not as good as the D300's was. A D300 with a FF
sensor is pretty much a D800 with a lower pixel count.

What's wrong with the D750 body, then?

--
Sandman
Old March 5th 15, 11:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
RichA wrote:

On Tuesday, 3 March 2015 09:22:27 UTC-5, android wrote:
In article ,
Eric Stevens wrote:

http://petapixel.com/2014/10/14/niko...ve-created-mon
ster
/

or http://tinyurl.com/k4prl8h

As I've written befo I think that the D750 is the true successor to
the D300s. What's your take?
--
teleportation kills

Body is still not as good as the D300's was. A D300 with a FF sensor is
pretty much a D800 with a lower pixel count.

The D700? If you want a lower pixel count in a new unit then there's
always the D4*... I think that the D750 is the proper replacement of the
high end amateur or semi pro cameras that the D300* where. A "D400"
would cost like the 7D2 or more...

http://tinyurl.com/qj72oua
--
teleportation kills
Old March 7th 15, 12:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 3/3/2015 4:32 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

As I've written befo I think that the D750 is the true successor to
the D300s. What's your take?

In my case, it's the successor to the D300, which in turn was the
successor to the D70.

it may have been what you bought after owning a d70 but that doesn't
make it a successor.

the d300 was *not* a successor of the d70. it was the successor of the
d200 which was the successor of the d100.

the d70 was a consumer slr, which was succeeded by the d80, d90 and
then the d5000 series.

While there was a very noticable jump from the
D70 to the D300 there seems to be an even bigger jump from the D300 to
the D750.

that's because the d70 and d300 different product tiers and the d300
and d750 are not only different product tiers but also dx/fx.

There is a marked improvement in dynamic range which gives rise to
improved low light shooting at even moderate ISOs.

no ****. the sensor in the d300 is much better than what was in the
d70, plus it didn't have the electronic shutter that hobbled the d70.

It ain't the camera. As I have posted before, my daughter has sold her
images, taken with a D70 and a kit lens, for over $700. She has been
offered one per shows, but turned them down.

--
PeterN
Old March 7th 15, 12:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

this discussion is.

As I have posted before, my daughter has sold her
images, taken with a D70 and a kit lens, for over $700. She has been
offered one per shows, but turned them down.

what your daughter has sold has absolutely nothing to do with the
sensor, it's resolution and dynamic range or how nikon classifies the
various models.

ten years ago, a lot of people sold photos from a d70. it was a very
good camera in its day, but those days are *long* gone. even a lowly
d3200 blows it away.
Old March 8th 15, 02:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 3/6/2015 6:50 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

Uhm!
She still uses it, and her images are still selling.

ten years ago, a lot of people sold photos from a d70. it was a very
good camera in its day, but those days are *long* gone. even a lowly
d3200 blows it away.

It's still the photographer, not the camera.

--
PeterN
Old March 8th 15, 03:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

still missing the point.

ten years ago, a lot of people sold photos from a d70. it was a very
good camera in its day, but those days are *long* gone. even a lowly
d3200 blows it away.

It's still the photographer, not the camera.

it's a bit of both.

otherwise top photographers would use cellphone cameras.
Old March 8th 15, 04:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

Sure, but the dame should probably treat herself and get a new camera,
Unless she finds some esoteric qualities in the D70... If the latter is
the case then she aught to get a case of used ones to replace it with
then it fails... A D70s?

Old March 8th 15, 08:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 08 Mar 2015 04:59:06 +0100, android wrote:

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

A D70 can be updated to D70s specs.

Old March 8th 15, 08:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Eric Stevens wrote:

On Sun, 08 Mar 2015 04:59:06 +0100, android wrote:

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

But... There would be hardware differences. Like the s on the body!

Old March 8th 15, 09:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 08 Mar 2015 08:53:44 +0100, android wrote:

In article ,
Eric Stevens wrote:

On Sun, 08 Mar 2015 04:59:06 +0100, android wrote:

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

That, and http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/23327089

"The only significant differences between the Nikon D70 and D70s is
a bigger LCD (2.0" vs. 1.8") and that Nikon no longer includes the
handy MS-D70 disposable CR2 battery holder for free."