First "true" digital rangefinder camera

Old March 6th 15, 05:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default First

In article , Floyd L. Davidson
wrote:

As Nikon describes it, data from the exposure system
is integrated in the Auto Focus for tracking (not for focusing).

which means it's part of the autofocus system, exactly as i said.

No, it is part of the exposure meter.

it's both. otherwise it could not affect the choice of focus points.

No, it is part of the exposure meter. The information
generated by the exposure meter is used in a number of
ways. By the shutter, for example, by the viewfinder
too, etc etc. That doesn't make the RGB sensor part of
the viewfinder, nor part of the shutter. And it is not
part of the auto focus module system. Probably the most
significant distinction is that the information passes
through the CPU to get to the auto focus system.

everything passes through the cpu.
Old March 6th 15, 06:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Floyd L. Davidson

nospam wrote:
In article , Floyd L. Davidson
wrote:

As Nikon describes it, data from the exposure system
is integrated in the Auto Focus for tracking (not for focusing).

which means it's part of the autofocus system, exactly as i said.

No, it is part of the exposure meter.

it's both. otherwise it could not affect the choice of focus points.

No, it is part of the exposure meter. The information
generated by the exposure meter is used in a number of
ways. By the shutter, for example, by the viewfinder
too, etc etc. That doesn't make the RGB sensor part of
the viewfinder, nor part of the shutter. And it is not
part of the auto focus module system. Probably the most
significant distinction is that the information passes
through the CPU to get to the auto focus system.

everything passes through the cpu.

That is a bit of a silly statement.

--
Floyd L. Davidson http://www.apaflo.com/
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Old March 6th 15, 06:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , nospam wrote:

Sandman:
Your reading comprehension problems is of no concern to me.
You jumped into a thread where I have been talking about
focusing sensors for many posts and you misunderstood simple
english and decided to post about the obvious.

nospam:
how is it you get a free pass on 'the obvious' but whenever
anyone else says it's obvious, you say it's unproven, hot air,
etc.

Sandman:
Difference is that Floyd posted about the obvious, not me. He
joined the thread and posted obvious things that I had been
saying all along.

actually he was pointing out where you were wrong.

Incorrect.

--
Sandman
Old March 6th 15, 06:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default First true rangefinder

In article , nospam wrote:

nospam:
plus as you would say, "it's obvious".

Sandman:
It would be obvious if any of those camera had stepples EXIF data,
which they don't. Still waiting for support.

i never said stepless exif data. that's you moving the goalposts,
again.

"i've seen non-standard f/stops in images."

How would you have seen it if not in EXIF?

nospam:
i cited info from nikon that supports what i said, and one look
at the lens mount confirms it anyway.

Sandman:
The issue was the actual EXIF data in the images. You know, the
thing you said you've seen in all cameras.

nope. it never was.

It was.

Sandman: So they shoot in f/8.222 but record f/8 in the EXIF?
nospam: i've seen non-standard f/stops in images.

nospam:
you're just spewing the hot air bull**** because you can't admit
you're wrong, again,

Sandman:
I always admit when I'm wrong, when contradicting facts are shown
to me. I'm still waiting.

no you definitely do not.

I definitely do that. All the time.

--