Nikon D3200 image flip

Old March 23rd 15, 12:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

Default Nikon D3200 image flip

On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 22:03:56 +1300, Me wrote:
: On 12/03/2015 2:45 a.m., Whisky-dave wrote:
:
: Hoping for a quick easy solution but this thread will proabbly drag on but.
:
: I'm using the above camera on a microscope. we brought the T2 adapter and a lens that fits in the a tube to the microscope, so when using live view the image is flipped so you have to move the subject the oppersite way to what is intuitive. So is there a way of reversing this in live view mode in the cameras software, yes I know it's easily done in post processingbut that's not what's required.
: Had a quick look at the menu setting but nothing seemed to solve this problem, so guessing it's not possible.
:
: I don't think so.
: But as an alternative, you could use a tablet with USB tethered to the
: camera, with freeware like DSLRDashboard, or paid apps.
: Or use HDMI out with a small monitor turned upside down.

If all you need is to invert the image, a tablet can be told to do that. You
don't have to turn it upside down.

As I read the OP's message, I assumed the image needed to be reversed to a
mirror image. That could be trickier, but someone has probably written a
graphics driver that will do it.

Bob
Old March 23rd 15, 11:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 23/03/2015 10:57, Whisky-dave wrote:
[]
The problem is nhaving to move in the opposite direction, it's just annoying and very counter intuative.
inverting a monitor isn;t such an easy thing to do unless you can remount it.

Perhaps the settings described here will help?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteboo...n/td-p/1257507

I see both Landscape (flipped) and Portrait (flipped) on my PC.

--
Cheers,
David
Old March 23rd 15, 03:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-03-23 13:25:42 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

On Monday, 23 March 2015 11:28:37 UTC, David Taylor wrote:
On 23/03/2015 10:57, Whisky-dave wrote:
[]
The problem is nhaving to move in the opposite direction, it's just
annoying and very counter intuative.
inverting a monitor isn;t such an easy thing to do unless you can remount it.

Perhaps the settings described here will help?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteboo...n/td-p/1257507

an intresting problem but.

There's no PC involved just a microscope with a Nikon D3200 (without
lens) looking down through it and the image is flipped both H and V or
L & P .
an option to use the HDMI would work if it wasn't such a hassle
mounting a monitor upside down.

I think it might be better to teach the folks using this setup just how
to use a microscope. It is counter-intuitive, but typically all
movement and/or adjustment is made by moving the slide, or the
slide(subject) table under the objective lens in the opposite direction
to that desired in the field of view and using a camera isn't going to
change that.

BTW: There are digital microscopes available that would cost less than
the D3200 + microscope setup and would deal with some of your problem.
http://www.celestron.com/browse-shop/microscopes/digital-microscopes

Savageduck

Nikon D3200 Rob Digital Photography 11 November 29th 12 09:12 PM
Full-sized sample from new Nikon D3200 (not mine) Rich[_6_] Digital SLR Cameras 4 April 25th 12 09:28 AM
What Nikon has done with the D3200 Douglas Johnson[_2_] Digital SLR Cameras 0 April 20th 12 04:21 PM
What Nikon has done with the D3200 David Dyer-Bennet Digital SLR Cameras 1 April 20th 12 01:40 AM
Nikon adds D3200 to its DSLR range, MummyChunk Digital Photography 0 April 19th 12 11:12 PM