Showing Photos on TV

Old August 5th 08, 07:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ed Mullikin

Default Showing Photos on TV

I have scanned some photos and I'm trying to show them on TV via my camera
(Sony DSCF828). I'm having very limited success. I have run them through
David Taylor's TV Writer and through Irfanview. I don't know why one will
work and the others won't. There has to be a simple answer, doesn't there?

Old August 5th 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
TConway[_2_]

"Ed Mullikin" wrote in message
I have scanned some photos and I'm trying to show them on TV via my camera
(Sony DSCF828). I'm having very limited success. I have run them through
David Taylor's TV Writer and through Irfanview. I don't know why one will
work and the others won't. There has to be a simple answer, doesn't there?

generally speaking, sometimes a camera doesn't recognize a photo if it has
been changed since originally captured.
tim

Old August 5th 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Keith nuttle

TConway wrote:
"Ed Mullikin" wrote in message
I have scanned some photos and I'm trying to show them on TV via my camera
(Sony DSCF828). I'm having very limited success. I have run them through
David Taylor's TV Writer and through Irfanview. I don't know why one will
work and the others won't. There has to be a simple answer, doesn't there?

generally speaking, sometimes a camera doesn't recognize a photo if it has
been changed since originally captured.
tim

I have had good success showing pictures on my TV by copying them to a
CD or DVD on the computer and using my DVD player to show the pictures.
You can then use the CD/DVD as a backup of your pictures.

However, there can be problems depending on the DVD player. The DVD play
must recognize the picture format, and some DVD players have trouble if
the directory structure has too many subdirectories.
Old August 6th 08, 10:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Chris Malcolm[_2_]

Ed Mullikin wrote:

I have scanned some photos and I'm trying to show them on TV via my camera
(Sony DSCF828). I'm having very limited success. I have run them through
David Taylor's TV Writer and through Irfanview. I don't know why one will
work and the others won't. There has to be a simple answer, doesn't there?

If you told us what works, and in what way what doesn't work fails,
someone might be able to tell you.

--
Chris Malcolm DoD #205
[

Old August 6th 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ed Mullikin

"Chris Malcolm" wrote in message
Ed Mullikin wrote:

I have scanned some photos and I'm trying to show them on TV via my
camera
(Sony DSCF828). I'm having very limited success. I have run them
through
David Taylor's TV Writer and through Irfanview. I don't know why one
will
work and the others won't. There has to be a simple answer, doesn't
there?

If you told us what works, and in what way what doesn't work fails,
someone might be able to tell you.

--
Chris Malcolm DoD #205
[
http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]

I've reached the depth of my knowlege. I've tried to determine just what
the difference is between two photos scanned in an identical manner at the
same time and found (apparently) no difference. Yet one will display and
the other will not when they are uploaded into the camera. If I could
determine the difference, I might be able to solve the problem.

Old August 6th 08, 11:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 14:10:29 -0400, Ed Mullikin wrote:

I have scanned some photos and I'm trying to show them on TV via my camera
(Sony DSCF828). I'm having very limited success. I have run them through
David Taylor's TV Writer and through Irfanview. I don't know why one will
work and the others won't. There has to be a simple answer, doesn't there?

By "run them through", do you mean that both programs were used to
edit/modify/save the jpg files? If so, and if you didn't edit all
of the jpg files in the same order, that might be responsible for
some not being viewable. I'd assume that TV Writer should always
Old August 6th 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 14:10:29 -0400, Ed Mullikin wrote:

(continued from the last, prematurely posted reply)

I have scanned some photos and I'm trying to show them on TV via my camera
(Sony DSCF828). I'm having very limited success. I have run them through
David Taylor's TV Writer and through Irfanview. I don't know why one will
work and the others won't. There has to be a simple answer, doesn't there?

be used last. In other words, if Irfanview is the last app. used
to edit a .jpg file, your DSCF828 will have problems displaying it.

Old August 7th 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ed Mullikin

"ASAAR" wrote in message
On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 14:10:29 -0400, Ed Mullikin wrote:

(continued from the last, prematurely posted reply)

I have scanned some photos and I'm trying to show them on TV via my
camera
(Sony DSCF828). I'm having very limited success. I have run them
through
David Taylor's TV Writer and through Irfanview. I don't know why one
will
work and the others won't. There has to be a simple answer, doesn't
there?

be used last. In other words, if Irfanview is the last app. used
to edit a .jpg file, your DSCF828 will have problems displaying it.

I'll have to take a more organized approach to this and document the
procedures. I believe Irfanview was the last application. I was hoping
there might be magic program out there.

Old August 7th 08, 04:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
QUAKEnSHAKE

Look for a "TV PHOTO VIEWER"
It is like a card-reader plus has usb input and too some have HD output
(1080i) via component cables.
Target had one on sale for $30.
http://www.target.com/Digital-Decor-.../dp/B000WQSRCA

Old August 7th 08, 07:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bob Williams

Ed Mullikin wrote:

"ASAAR" wrote in message
On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 14:10:29 -0400, Ed Mullikin wrote:

(continued from the last, prematurely posted reply)

I have scanned some photos and I'm trying to show them on TV via my
camera
(Sony DSCF828). I'm having very limited success. I have run them
through
David Taylor's TV Writer and through Irfanview. I don't know why one
will
work and the others won't. There has to be a simple answer, doesn't
there?

be used last. In other words, if Irfanview is the last app. used
to edit a .jpg file, your DSCF828 will have problems displaying it.

I'll have to take a more organized approach to this and document the
procedures. I believe Irfanview was the last application. I was hoping
there might be magic program out there.

If you can see them on your computer, copy them to a CD and play the CD
on your DVD player.
The DVD player should be .jpeg compatible. Almost all DVD players of
recent vintage (3 years old or less)are .jpeg compatible.
Bob Williams