Sony DSC-HX80 Rocks !

Old January 17th 19, 09:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Sony DSC-HX80 Rocks !

Wife and I each been using one ( or two ) for a couple of years. As a
very nice casual point 'n shoot, it nevertheless has some desireable
features, e.g. 30x optical zoom, auto lens cover, as well as all kinds
of selectable stuff. Very small, it fits nicely in a shirt pocket.
Highly recommend this jewel !
Old January 18th 19, 01:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Wife and I each been using one ( or two ) for a couple of years. As a
very nice casual point 'n shoot, it nevertheless has some desireable
features, e.g. 30x optical zoom, auto lens cover, as well as all kinds
of selectable stuff. Very small, it fits nicely in a shirt pocket.
Highly recommend this jewel !

I've a Pansonic DMC 'super zoom' - I'd guess it's similar. I'd agree
that the form factor's impressive, but the zoom's only effective in very
good light, and I do miss a viewfinder.

I'll take a look at the DMC 'super zoom'.

HX80 has an electronic VF, that senses eye proximity and shuts off the
back view screen while you're looking.
Old January 18th 19, 02:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Very similar.

HX80 has 18.2 MP and a bit more expensive
Old January 19th 19, 12:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 1/18/2019 8:10 AM, wrote:
Very similar.

HX80 has 18.2 MP and a bit more expensive

higher MP does not always better IQ. It could also increase image noise.

--
PeterN
Old January 19th 19, 02:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 18, 2019, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 1/18/2019 8:10 AM, wrote:
Very similar.

HX80 has 18.2 MP and a bit more expensive

higher MP does not always better IQ. It could also increase image noise.

....and soon to arrive, the GFX 100S, and it will be less noisy that the GFX
50S.

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/n...100-megapixel-
medium-format-beast-is-on-the-way

Savageduck

Old January 19th 19, 12:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 18/01/2019 21:50, RJH wrote:
[]
Still, they all seem capable of excellent pictures, and at the end of
the day (phone camera aside) it's far more likely to be the camera you
have with you.

Before you dismiss phone cameras, take a good look at a recent,
higher-end model. For many purposes they are quite adequate, with zoom
being about the only thing lacking. That's now my "the camera you have
with you".

--
Cheers,
David
Old January 19th 19, 02:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_5_]

On 19/01/2019 11:45, David Taylor wrote:
On 18/01/2019 21:50, RJH wrote:
[]
Still, they all seem capable of excellent pictures, and at the end of
the day (phone camera aside) it's far more likely to be the camera you
have with you.

Before you dismiss phone cameras, take a good look at a recent,
higher-end model.Â* For many purposes they are quite adequate, with zoom
being about the only thing lacking.Â* That's now my "the camera you have
with you".

I have a 'zoom' facility on my iPhone!

This might help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z75KbKhOVJI

--
David B.
Old January 19th 19, 03:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 19/01/2019 13:17, David B. wrote:
On 19/01/2019 11:45, David Taylor wrote:
On 18/01/2019 21:50, RJH wrote:
[]
Still, they all seem capable of excellent pictures, and at the end of
the day (phone camera aside) it's far more likely to be the camera
you have with you.

Before you dismiss phone cameras, take a good look at a recent,
higher-end model.Â* For many purposes they are quite adequate, with
zoom being about the only thing lacking.Â* That's now my "the camera
you have with you".

I have a 'zoom' facility on my iPhone!

This might help you:Â* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z75KbKhOVJI

Digital zoom doesn't provide the range or quality which I need.

--
Cheers,
David