Depth of field - two of them?

Old January 21st 19, 11:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_5_]

Default Depth of field - two of them?

On 21/01/2019 10:47, Whisky-dave wrote:

On 2019-01-15 19:27, Jeff wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in
news
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctqungbvve...field.jpg?dl=0
This is a snapshot of Startrek The Next Generation, Season 6, Episode
26. It appears to have two planes of focus, one centred on the right eye
of the man in the foreground, and one on the right side of the chest of
the man in the background. Two cameras with superimposing? Or some
effect put in afterwards?

Going by the still and not seeing the video I would assume the Borg is a
chromakeyed background since the lighting is quite different on them.

+1. Or not necessarily chromakeyed but simply separate video source
being merged into the principle scene.

This is really the silliest of silly threads... oh, wait, but close.

If someone is sillier than me I want to meet him.

Plenty on facebook.

Do *YOU* have a Facebook personal, Dave?

--
David B.
Old January 21st 19, 12:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On 2019-01-15 19:27, Jeff wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in
news
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctqungbvve...field.jpg?dl=0
This is a snapshot of Startrek The Next Generation, Season 6, Episode
26. It appears to have two planes of focus, one centred on the right eye
of the man in the foreground, and one on the right side of the chest of
the man in the background. Two cameras with superimposing? Or some
effect put in afterwards?

Going by the still and not seeing the video I would assume the Borg is a
chromakeyed background since the lighting is quite different on them.

+1. Or not necessarily chromakeyed but simply separate video source
being merged into the principle scene.

This is really the silliest of silly threads... oh, wait, but close.

If someone is sillier than me I want to meet him.

Plenty on facebook.

I closed my facebook account. I failed to see the point of a friend of a friend of a friend I've never heard of showing a photo of the MacDonalds happy meal they're eating.
Old January 21st 19, 12:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On 2019-01-15 19:27, Jeff wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in
news
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctqungbvve...field.jpg?dl=0
This is a snapshot of Startrek The Next Generation, Season 6, Episode
26. It appears to have two planes of focus, one centred on the right eye
of the man in the foreground, and one on the right side of the chest of
the man in the background. Two cameras with superimposing? Or some
effect put in afterwards?

Going by the still and not seeing the video I would assume the Borg is a
chromakeyed background since the lighting is quite different on them.

+1. Or not necessarily chromakeyed but simply separate video source
being merged into the principle scene.

This is really the silliest of silly threads... oh, wait, but close.

If someone is sillier than me I want to meet him.

Plenty on facebook.

Do *YOU* have a Facebook personal, Dave?

WHY do some people CAPITALISE stuff for NO reason at ALL?

On 2019-01-15 19:27, Jeff wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in
[...]

I did, of course, mean PERSONA! ;-)

--
David B. - EMPHASISING!

On 2019-01-15 19:27, Jeff wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in
[...]

Argh, I hate that word. You'll be saying "emoticon" next.
Old January 21st 19, 02:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On 2019-01-15 19:27, Jeff wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in
[...]

There are options you can set, you don't have to see friends of friends posts
, you don't even have to see your friends posts.

If I block friends of friends, and also friends, I'd see nothing. So what would be the point? Anyone I actually want to speak to, I email, phone, text, or visit in person. Why would I want to discuss things with friends where everyone can see them?

On 2019-01-15 19:27, Jeff wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in
[...]

It's an awesome facility for sharing photographs with family and
friends. The associated Facebook 'Messenger' is just as private as email
and is great for more-or-less instant chatting.

--
David B.
Old January 21st 19, 02:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_5_]

On 2019-01-15 19:27, Jeff wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in
news
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctqungbvve...field.jpg?dl=0
This is a snapshot of Startrek The Next Generation, Season 6, Episode
26. It appears to have two planes of focus, one centred on the right eye
of the man in the foreground, and one on the right side of the chest of
the man in the background. Two cameras with superimposing? Or some
effect put in afterwards?

Going by the still and not seeing the video I would assume the Borg is a
chromakeyed background since the lighting is quite different on them.

+1. Or not necessarily chromakeyed but simply separate video source
being merged into the principle scene.

This is really the silliest of silly threads... oh, wait, but close.

If someone is sillier than me I want to meet him.

Plenty on facebook.

Do *YOU* have a Facebook *persona*, Dave? [Error corrected!]

Yes.

So what did you think of the Stonehenge image?

--
David B.

On 2019-01-15 19:27, Jeff wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in
[...]

I've got something called "email" for that. I send the photos to precisely the people I want them to go to.

On 2019-01-15 19:27, Jeff wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in
[...]

Although I only have ~80 friends on FB most I don't see anything from, but they can messege me or contact me in a group message or post, I don't see what they have for dinner as I have seleted not to see every post they make.
I think I only have 2 friends on FB that I haven't met in real life anyway.
If you know how to use FB it can be useful, but like any method of communication you should be able to control it and I can.

It just seems completely pointless to me. If you want to contact your friend, why not just email them? You can send them videos or photos that way quite easily, and even to more than one friend at a time.