short infrequent sessions and fixer waste

Old January 12th 13, 01:27 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Joe

Default short infrequent sessions and fixer waste

On Jan 11, 10:02*am, "Richard Knoppow" wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

On Jan 11, 1:27 am, "Richard Knoppow"

wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

Thanks Richard, good to see that you are still haunting
this
ghost
town from time to time! Where did the good old days go?
;-)

Down the drain to the recycler. I still check this and
the large-format group. Digital has killed off most of the
photo groups and the ISP's are trying to kill off Usenet.
find the web-based groups too scattered.
A not quite ghost (yet)...

Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles
WB6KBL

I was wondering why you don't visit the web groups. I prefer
the old
plain text format myself because I'm on dialup, but there
are ways to
narrow the focus on some web forums. At the Large Format
Photography
Forum (which uses V Bulletin) you can create a search that
only
includes new posts from the subforums you select, and you
can get
similar results through a different approach at APUG. I find
them hard
to keep up with just due to sheer volume. I probably need to
narrow my
searches down to even fewer sub-fora.

* * *I may try the web forums again. *I am also on a
dial-up, high speed just was not available for a long time
and I got used to it. *I also don't have cable TV and don't
want it and many high speed services come bundled.
* * *I still like film and chemical photography. I have a
cheap digital camera which I used mostly for note taking
when working on old electronic equipment. I suppose there
are some old friends on APUG, etc and I am registered there
(I think).

Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles
WB6KBL

Yes, I know you are registered at APUG because I've seen your empty
profile. If you sign in and go to "My APUG", at the bottom of that
page you can highlight (then save changes) all the forums you don't
want to see posts from. Its a complicated and I think cluttered, messy
interface with too many options and buttons. But its the place to be
for analog lovers! I'm sure you will see some familiar faces, and many
unfamiliar ones.

I like the V-bulletin interface of the Large Format Photography Forum
much better (though I liked it best when it was plain text at
Greenspun.com). But I don't spend as much time there. Most of the talk
there is about gear, "how big is your lens" type of stuff rather than
photography but I still visit now and then.

I don't have cable or satellite TV either, and don't want it. ;-)