The 3rd of the month and everything is turning up X 3!

Old August 4th 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
D-Mac.

Default The 3rd of the month and everything is turning up X 3!

On Aug 3, 11:30 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
On Aug 2, 11:30 pm, "D.Mac" wrote:

If you could keep your mouth shut and your fingers idle for just one
second when my name is mentioned, you might find I have no interest in
you anymore.

Yeah, that's why in the original post in this thread you couldn't
resist jabbing me and mentioning your Annika1980.com website, which is
still active. If you truly have no interest in me anymore take that
site down and we can end this whole thing. That should leave you
plenty of time to focus on many of your other perceived enemies ....
Mark Thomas, Mark Morgan, Alan Browne, Tony Polson, Colin,
PixelPix, .... its a long list.

Otherwise, quit your bitching and your lying and continue to get what
you get. It matters not to me .... I'll still be out there taking
pics every day.

---------------------------

As a show of my sincerity in ending the stupidity.
Http://www.annika1980.com.

Now let's see some sincerity from you, Bret. Get rid of the sites you
created using my pictures and are still active.

Doug

Old August 4th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
D-Mac.

On Aug 4, 6:01 am, Pudentame wrote:
wrote:
On Aug 2, 8:25 pm, "D-Mac." wrote:
Strolling around looking for my mate, digging bait about 3 O'clock
this afternoon, I found this threesome.http://www.ryadia.com/POD/August/3-08-07.htm

Genuinely nice shot. Not outstanding, but nice.

A few tips for next time:
- Ken Rockwellian saturation isn't always a good move,

Oh no! The *Ultimate* insult ... It's pistols at dawn for sure now. ;-D

Hi Pud.
Despite what you might think, I have no issue anymore with anyone
making comments about the technical merits or lack of them in my
photos. Many are after all intended to invoke people's opinions. My
only issue with anyone is when they start personal criticism and
Insults without ever having met me or known anything about me.
Mark.Thomas.7 is his own worst enemy in that regard. He seeks peer
acceptance and can't get it because he doesn't deserve it. This makes
him the nasty ******* you come across in the groups.

He has every right to pass the comments on photos anyone posts. He has
absolutely no right to pass comment on anything else about me, my
wife, my daughter or my business activities, which are totally legal,
correctly incorporated and registered with the Australian Taxation
Office and every other Government department with an interest in what
I do. Although he would dearly love to know what I've done to conceal
this from him. His barbs aimed at getting a response are wasted, he'll
never get another one from me.

What I've done is what every working Photographer in Australia is
doing or will do soon, thanks to the activities of idle minded idiots
like him and the sheep who chime in. I can't see any of the sheep's
posts but I see replies to them by people like yourself. Reference to
over saturated colours goes into an are of "What use for the picture"
which he has no knowledge of so any comment he makes is pure
speculation. Compositional comments have no validity either, unless a
wider view of the scene is available for assessment and of course
composition is what separates all photographers. If he wishes all of
us to comply with his version of what a scene should look like, he
probably ought to take it up with John Howard and George Bush so they
can legislate for proper composition of photographs displayed on the
Internet.

For me? I'll reply to polite and or civil people and do my best to
reply in the same way. I've just used "Grease Monkey" to create some
scripts to control how I see newsgroups and he, along with a couple of
other people I'd rather never know, can say what they like about my
posts. If their comments are of any worth, I'll pick up on them when
someone else replies.

Doug

Old August 4th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Troy Piggins[_4_]

* D-Mac. is quoted & my replies are inline below :
On Aug 2, 11:30 pm, "D.Mac" wrote:

[...]

Doug - I'd just like to say well done. Hope that doesn't sound
condescending, it's not meant to be. Let's hope a truce is in
the making. Congratulations on taking that step.

Peace.

--
Troy Piggins
Gallery: http://piggo.com/~troy/coppermine
Old August 4th 07, 07:31 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
[email protected]

On Aug 4, 12:11 pm, "D-Mac." wrote:
My only issue with anyone is when they start personal criticism

I'll let others judge who does all the 'personal' criticism. But I
think the truth is obvious when Douglas, just two sentences later,
says:

This makes him the nasty ******* you come across in the groups.

Didn't take long, did it? Case rests.

He has every right to pass the comments on photos anyone posts.

Correct.

He has absolutely no right to pass comment on anything else about me,
my wife, my daughter

And I NEVER have mentioned his wife or daughter, except where his
'daughter' has allegedly posted (using one of Douglas' aliases). Yet
I can post plenty of examples where he has attacked me, my mother,
spouse, etc. That is why his never ending (and never successful)
threats of legal action are a joke - he would be laughed out of any
lawyer's office, and would most likely end up on the receiving end.

or my business activities

Sorry, but IF *ANYONE* PROMOTES THEIR BUSINESS ACTIVITIES HERE, they
have to accept scrutiny. Douglas has and does.

Old August 4th 07, 08:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Pete D[_3_]

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 4, 12:11 pm, "D-Mac." wrote:
[...]

Has he actually proven that he has ever actually had a business?

Old August 4th 07, 10:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
[email protected]

Off topic - replying to Pete D.
On Aug 4, 5:38 pm, "Pete D" wrote:
Has he actually proven that he has ever actually had a business?

Yes, it seems so, although it depends on your definition...

He has owned a few business names, including TechnoAussie. He was also
a director of a company called Technology Australia Pty Ltd. That
company and the business names are all now deregistered. Douglas has
implied he has new ones, but will not name them. Checking any of the
hard-to-find calendars or postcards might give a clue, but the only
ones I've ever found (2 postcards!) have just been labelled
"www.technoaussie.com" and "Copyright Technology Australia Pty Ltd
2004". Ie they appear to be 4 years old, and refer to now-defunct
names and websites.

He
http://groups.google.com.au/group/re...251efcf54a561c
...he claimed to have a chain of 'Digital Print Centres" under the now-
defunct TechnoAussie label (and used some questionable methods to
promote them). He later claimed to have sold off this business, but
the new owners clearly didn't want the old name, he hasn't been
prepared to name them and nobody can seem to find them.

His canvasphotos.com.au website seems now to be occupied by a WA
company.

His (or his wife's) stand at the Cleveland markets *was* operational,
but he has said that has closed too. The 'shopfront' picture he keeps
posting was just a small office near Capalaba, and he is no longer
there.

So, I would suggest if you are seeking his services, try his PO Box...

Interesting how he wants everyone else's residential address, but ask
him for a simple business address so we can test out his claims...?

Old August 4th 07, 02:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Aug 2, 11:30 pm, "D.Mac" wrote:

[...]

A nice gesture to remove only the opening page of your website.

Now will you truly take the rest of the site down such as these pages?

http://www.annika1980.com/mansloth.htm
http://www.annika1980.com/cracking.htm
http://www.annika1980.com/reward.htm

Oh yeah, while you're at it you might want to take down this site you
created as well:
http://www.geocities.com/bret_douglas/

As a show of good faith I will remove the pbase website that my
friend, Figgy, created.

Old August 4th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Annika1980

On Aug 3, 10:11 pm, "D-Mac." wrote:

Mark.Thomas.7 is his own worst enemy in that regard. He seeks peer
acceptance and can't get it because he doesn't deserve it. This makes
him the nasty ******* you come across in the groups.

His barbs aimed at getting a response are wasted, he'll
never get another one from me.

[Bookmark this post!]

Old August 4th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Pudentame

wrote:
On Aug 2, 8:25 pm, "D-Mac." wrote:
Strolling around looking for my mate, digging bait about 3 O'clock
this afternoon, I found this threesome.http://www.ryadia.com/POD/August/3-08-07.htm
Genuinely nice shot. Not outstanding, but nice.
A few tips for next time:
- Ken Rockwellian saturation isn't always a good move,

Oh no! The *Ultimate* insult ... It's pistols at dawn for sure now. ;-D

Hi Pud.
Despite what you might think, I have no issue anymore with anyone
making comments about the technical merits or lack of them in my
photos.

Yeah, I know.

The Ken Rockwell comparison just offered an irresistible temptation to
stir the pot a little.