Sigma lens

Old May 6th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Sigma lens

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Any thoughts on this set? Are Sigma lens good lens? Canon lens are a
little expensive for right now. Txb

Old May 7th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Blah" wrote in message ...

Any thoughts on this set? Are Sigma lens good lens? Canon lens are a
little expensive for right now. Txb

Now I'll bet that's not your auction item.

Old May 7th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Helen" wrote in message

"Blah" wrote in message ...

Any thoughts on this set? Are Sigma lens good lens? Canon lens are a
little expensive for right now. Txb

Now I'll bet that's not your auction item.

Now that is not likely to happen in this group is it. ;-)))

Mind you for the money the lens set is pretty reasonable, maybe if you are
going to print at huge sizes it may be a problem or if you want really fast
focus, etc...................

Old May 7th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

No, it's not my auction. I just purchased a Canon Rebel XT with the 18-55mm
kit lens. I am new to SLRs and really want an opinion on an affordable
lens.

Old May 7th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Any lens you buy will be better than that kit lens. Get the Sigmas.

Old May 7th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Helen" wrote in message

"Blah" wrote in message

Any thoughts on this set? Are Sigma lens good lens? Canon lens
are a little expensive for right now. Txb

Now I'll bet that's not your auction item.

If you're happy with the performance of the 18-55mm kit lens, you
might want to consider getting a Sigma 70-300mm APO lens. It will
cost in the neighborhood of $ 180.00 and it is a much better lens than
the non-APO 70-300mm lens in the auction. The 28-70mm lens is OK but
if you're happy with the kit lens you have then you really don't need
the Sigma 28-70mm, IMO.