iPads cause rashes

Old July 15th 14, 03:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

Default iPads cause rashes

On 7/14/2014 9:53 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

The title says it:

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/news/...gger-nickel-al
le
rgi
es-in-kids

more of the usual linkbait.

there are all sorts of products with nickel in them, particularly
jewelry, but those don't make headlines.

as the article states, nickel allergies are one of the most common skin
allergies, and that certainly isn't just from ipads.

recently, the fitbit was recalled due to nickel allergies, but unlike
the ipad, it's basically impossible to use a fitbit with a case.

the solution for the ipad is to get a case, which most people do anyway.

The whole point of my posting is to advise folk to get a case, if they
use an iPad.

no, that wasn't your point or you would have said so, which you didn't.

all you did was post a url, with nothing more than 'the title says it'
and the title does not say 'get a case for your ipad'.

you are once again, lying.

the vast majority of ipad users do not need a case unless they want to
protect it from scratches, i.e., the usual reasons for getting a case.
it's entirely optional. many people do, but it's not required.

obviously, those with allergies would need to get a case to avoid
allergy, or some other form of protection (e.g., gloves).

but you didn't say *any* of that. nothing even close to that.

nor did you point out that nickel allergies are very common and not
just ipads either.

You have such a knee jerk reaction that you cause my
caution to be disregarded.

except you're lying once again.

You will say anhting, except admit you were wrong. Indeed, I doubt if
you ever admitted you made a mistake, so you cover it with a blunt
attack. Your empty words are just that.

you're the one who made a mistake (and i'm being very generous).

you said your point was to advise folks to get a case but nowhere did
you actually say that until later.

it's clear you're full of **** and won't admit a mistake, which you've
done many times in the past.

Oh Yes! I really should mention that I have an agenda.

Idiots like you could cost me. I have a personal interest is seeing
Apple flourish as a business. Idiots like you could easily hurts its
business. Since you know nothing about business, I am certain you don't
have the slightest understanding of that concept.

--
PeterN
Old July 15th 14, 04:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

It's all in the article.

except you said *your* point was to get a case, not the article's
point, and it's only required for those who are allergic anyway.

a case is *not* needed for the general population. someone might want a
case for protection or because it looks cool, but that's *optional*.

and again, this is not unique to ipads. lots of stuff has nickel in it.
Old July 15th 14, 04:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS

"Whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 14 July 2014 23:43:18 UTC+1, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 17:44:19 -0400, PeterN

wrote:

The title says it:

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/news/20140714/ipads-can-trigger-nickel-allergies-in-kids

So can watch bands, necklaces and jewellry. Nickel is the most common

cause of heavy metal allergies

for me it's bands like Metalica and the majority of thrash metal bands.
;-)

I don't listen to Metallica often but when I do, so do my neighbors.

Old July 15th 14, 05:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 7/14/2014 11:58 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

It's all in the article.

except you said *your* point was to get a case, not the article's
point, and it's only required for those who are allergic anyway.

a case is *not* needed for the general population. someone might want a
case for protection or because it looks cool, but that's *optional*.

and again, this is not unique to ipads. lots of stuff has nickel in it.

To give one of your favorite answers:
Nobody said it was.

--
PeterN
Old July 15th 14, 05:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 7/15/2014 11:31 AM, PAS wrote:

snip

I don't listen to Metallica often but when I do, so do my neighbors.

I used to have a neighbor like that. She was asked to please turn it
down, but refused by saying I'll play my radio as loud as I f--'n want to.

I solved the issue by setting up a low powered transmitter, tuned to
that station. It jammed her signal. She could never figure out why her
radio worked better in the house.

--
PeterN
Old July 15th 14, 06:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

I don't listen to Metallica often but when I do, so do my neighbors.

I used to have a neighbor like that. She was asked to please turn it
down, but refused by saying I'll play my radio as loud as I f--'n want to.

I solved the issue by setting up a low powered transmitter, tuned to
that station. It jammed her signal. She could never figure out why her
radio worked better in the house.

transmitting without a license, particularly with the intent to cause
interference, is illegal.

nothing like admitting to being a criminal in a public forum.

so noted.
Old July 15th 14, 08:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 7/15/14 9:31 AM, in article
, "Whisky-dave"
wrote:

On Tuesday, 15 July 2014 03:12:52 UTC+1, RichA wrote:
On Monday, July 14, 2014 8:53:05 PM UTC-4, PeterN wrote:

On 7/14/2014 7:46 PM, nospam wrote:

In article , PeterN

wrote:

The title says it:

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/news/...igger-nickel-a
[...]

I wonder if they have latex cases? Some people are allergic to that too.

While others are turned on by it, how about the leather options, PVC would be
nice.

You know, some of your posts are damn funny, but when one g-mailer is
answering another, it takes much patience to wade through the acres to get
to the end...

Old July 15th 14, 08:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS

"PeterN" wrote in message
On 7/15/2014 11:31 AM, PAS wrote:

snip

I don't listen to Metallica often but when I do, so do my neighbors.

I used to have a neighbor like that. She was asked to please turn it down,
but refused by saying I'll play my radio as loud as I f--'n want to.

I solved the issue by setting up a low powered transmitter, tuned to that
station. It jammed her signal. She could never figure out why her radio
worked better in the house.

Nice neighbor she is! While she may be legally within her rights, common
courtesy for your neighbors should trump that but it sounds like she doesn't
have the class to be courteous. Seriously, I never listen to Metallica but
I do listen to a lot of hard rock and I like it loud. But I do it when no
one is in the house and the windows are closed. The houses where I live are
not far from each other on 1.4 acre lots so I could disturb the neighbors
and I make sure I don't. There is one neighbor here who lives across the
street that has not one ounce of class or courtesy in his body. He has been
out mowing his lawn and using a gas-powered blower at six in the morning.
He has three dogs that are left outside all day and bark constantly. People
have complained politely to him but he doesn't give a darn. And he wonders
why no one likes him.

Old July 15th 14, 08:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 7/15/2014 1:04 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

I don't listen to Metallica often but when I do, so do my neighbors.

I used to have a neighbor like that. She was asked to please turn it
down, but refused by saying I'll play my radio as loud as I f--'n want to.

I solved the issue by setting up a low powered transmitter, tuned to
that station. It jammed her signal. She could never figure out why her
radio worked better in the house.

transmitting without a license, particularly with the intent to cause
interference, is illegal.

nothing like admitting to being a criminal in a public forum.

so noted.

I am quaking.

--
PeterN
Old July 15th 14, 08:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 7/15/2014 3:05 PM, PAS wrote:
"PeterN" wrote in message
On 7/15/2014 11:31 AM, PAS wrote:

snip

I don't listen to Metallica often but when I do, so do my neighbors.

I used to have a neighbor like that. She was asked to please turn it down,
but refused by saying I'll play my radio as loud as I f--'n want to.

I solved the issue by setting up a low powered transmitter, tuned to that
station. It jammed her signal. She could never figure out why her radio
worked better in the house.

Nice neighbor she is! While she may be legally within her rights, common
courtesy for your neighbors should trump that but it sounds like she doesn't
have the class to be courteous.

Her ex was a client and a friend. Unfortunately he is not around any more.

Seriously, I never listen to Metallica but
I do listen to a lot of hard rock and I like it loud. But I do it when no
one is in the house and the windows are closed. The houses where I live are
not far from each other on 1.4 acre lots so I could disturb the neighbors
and I make sure I don't. There is one neighbor here who lives across the
street that has not one ounce of class or courtesy in his body. He has been
out mowing his lawn and using a gas-powered blower at six in the morning.
He has three dogs that are left outside all day and bark constantly. People
have complained politely to him but he doesn't give a darn. And he wonders
why no one likes him.

There are town ordinances. Don't you live in Riverhead? IIRC that Town
has strict barking dog ordinances,
http://ecode360.com/6243601#6243601

though I suspect his leaf blower might be considered farm equipment. In
any event check:
http://ecode360.com/6245248#6245248

I would check with the town clerk.

--